TV Remote on Android - Keyboard doesn't show up since a view Days

Options
Knight166
Knight166 Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

TV Remote Android APP

Since a few days, the keyboard is no longer displayed in the Android APP when I click on the keyboard symbol in the graphic menu (bottom right).

The keyboard is required to enter the PIN of the remote Android smartphone after the start of the session. (The connection works, the lock screen of the remote device is visible and can be operated remotely by touch)

Local device:

TV Remote APP: Version 15.42.160 (05/19/2023)

Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G ; Android 13, ONE UI 5.1

Remote controlled smartphone:

Host APP: updated 05/19/2023

Smartphone: Galaxy S04S ; Android 13, ONE UI 5.1

Nothing happens when you press the keyboard button (bottom right), except that the small graphical menu is reduced to the small arrow.

It worked perfectly until about a week ago.

I was able to swipe the remote device's lock screen after connecting. Then my local screen went black (on the remote device the PIN entry was displayed). Since I didn't see the PIN entry, the keyboard was now displayed and the PIN entered blindly. Then the unlocked screen was displayed.

In order to continue to have access to the remote device, I switched off the security lock there. The device can now be operated normally, but the Teamviewer keyboard does not work here either.

I use Teamvier privately to control a smartphone in my motorhome, which controls or monitors Bluetooth devices in the motorhome via several apps.

Who knows the problem or has a solution other than permanently removing the lock on the remote-controlled device?

Thank you for your help!

Tagged:

Comments

• infos_sk
    infos_sk Posts: 1
    edited June 2023
    Options

I have the same problem.

Remote smartphone: Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G ; Android 13, ONE UI 5.1

My smartphone: Xiaomi MI 10T pro. Android 12, MIUI 14

• grandtorino
    grandtorino Posts: 1
    Options

I have the same issue when controlling one android from another. The keyboard button only brings up 4

arrow keys for me, up down left right. There is no way to get a full keyboard so there is no way to unlock the device. Please fix this issue. As said before, this was working until a few months ago. I have not been able to use teamviewer from android to android which was 100% of my usage until I had to start using a laptop with a physical keyboard. This is way less than ideal and I am now starting to look for alternative software. Does anyone have a suggestion as a replacement for teamviewer?