TeamViewer won't connect to Synology NAS.

Options

I have installed TeamViewer on my new Synology DS720+ and started the TeamViewer app on the NAS. It supplies an ID and password for assignment. I have added the device to my account with these credentials.

However, when I try to connect to it either via the web interface or the app, it says "authentication rejected".

I have tried as many things as I can think of and searched the help, but I cannot figure out why I am getting this issue.

I am running the latest version of TeamViewer with the new interface and Win10 Pro. Everything is up to date, including the NAS.

I am using a remote connection (not local).

My Internet connection is via a Virgin Media Superhub3 in modem mode, and I am using a Synology RT6600ax router. I can use TeamViewer to access the computers on my home network without any problems, and my DS720+ is on the same network as these - so I am fairly sure it's not a network issue.

Would you be able to advise as to what I can try next, please?

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Kind regards,

Ben.

Answers

• rgrtht
    rgrtht Posts: 1
    Options

Hey @Benjamino - here we are nearly 12 months later, and I'm having the same issue as you mentioned above. Did no one ever reply to your post? Did you ever solve it?