Update now to the most recent TeamViewer Remote version 15.53. See the Changelogs here.

[Windows] v15.42.7

Options
JeanK
JeanK Posts: 6,990 Community Manager 🌍

Operating system: Windows

Version: 15.42.7

Release date: 2023-06-06

Improvements

• The TeamViewer login screen has been improved. It is now possible to go back to the starting screen from the login screen.

Bugfixes

• Fixed a bug in the Remote Access licensing which could prevent activation and deactivation of a licensed device.
  • Fixed a bug preventing the correct license information from being displayed.

Community Manager

Comments

• jrp2706
    jrp2706 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options

Well it is now 3 days since this announcement, but the download page is still showing the current release as 15.42.6 and the version downloaded from that page is 15.42.6!

Has no-one else spotted this or are their unannounced problems with the update?

Confused of Yorkshire,

John

• JeanK
    Options

Hi @jrp2706,

Thank you for reporting this. We are working on updating the download page.

You can download v15.42.7 from our download page, as it's already avaialble.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• jrp2706
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi JeanK,

Thank you. I have successfully downloaded the 15.42.7 .exe package, but where is the link to the portable version?

Cheers,

John

• JimFrantz
    JimFrantz Posts: 1
    Options

The .msi download link is still v15.42.6 - least that's the version info says.

• HHernando
    HHernando Posts: 1
    edited June 2023
    Options

Dear,

When will the LAN IP connection be available on the new interface?

I still can't use the new interface because I make many connections through the IP LAN.

Best Regards,

HHernando

• AndreB85
    AndreB85 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Has there been reports that the high CPU usage issue has come back again?

We just started to receive the new version and I've already gotten 2 users with that issue. I really hope that this **bleep** doesn't start again...

• JeanK
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @jrp2706,

You still can download the Portable version here: https://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerPortable.zip

Let me know if this has worked for you!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• JeanK
    Options

Hi @HHernando,

Currently, we cannot provide you with an ETA when the LAN mode will be available again.

We thank you in advance for your understanding.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• jrp2706
    Options

Hi Jean,

The .zip file on that link downloads fine, but the contents are all dated 26/05/2023 so this is the 15.42.6 version.

Sorry,

John

• JeanK
    Options

Hi @jrp2706,

Thanks for reporting this.

I am checking this with the dedicated team.

I will get back to you as soon as I have updates to share.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• ddigas
    ddigas Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

The links on the download page still don't download v15.42.7 they download v15.42.6 instead !!!

I fully understand the reason for using standard download URLs that always point to the the latest available version but if your cloud service provider (eg. Akamai - I'm not sure you are using Akamai I'm just using it as an example) cannot sync fast enough then it pretty much cancels the whole idea, doesn't it?

Furthermore I would suggest that you create a file download structure based on versioning info from where all relevant files can be downloaded (even if this is at reduced speed) . All major IT companies offering commonly used products offer this functionality, see some examples below:

[removed per Community Guidelines]

Anyway I think you get the idea of what I'm talking about - maybe you have it already available but I haven't been able to find the link anywhere, if it is available please provide the link!

• ddigas
    ddigas Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Further to my previous comment I noticed v15.42.8 was released today. The problem mentioned in my previous post continues & although The TeamViwer QuickSupport & Host Editions are already up-to-date the full editions (both x86 & x64) are still having the same problem & when you try to download them v15.42.6 is downloaded instead of v15.42.8.

Finally regarding downloads it is highly recommended to add chemsum info (eg. SHA256 or MD5) to the downloads page so that to be able to verify file integrity once downloads are complete.

• JeanK
    Options

HI @jrp2706,

I just got informed that the latest version Portable (v15.42.8) is now available: https://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerPortable.zip

There was a little issue our team could quickly solve.

Could you please check and confirm on your side?y

/JeanK

Community Manager

• jrp2706
    edited June 2023
    Options

Jean,

Yes, the download from that link does include the 15.42.8 version. And the other links on the download page (https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/) also download the 15.42.8 versions, but there is no link there for QuickJoin or the Portable Apps.

I assume a Changelog will appear soon, but surely this should be issued at the same time as the code is put up on the download pages?

Without wishing to be rude, especially not to you as your are the messenger for the developers, but there have been quite a few issues with releases recently, so where has the legendary German efficiency & control gone?

Cheers,

John

• AndreB85
    AndreB85 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Options

What's the little issue which has been resolved?

Is the high CPU usage issue supposed to be gone with this version? I've disabled automatic updating for the moment for our 5500+ clients because of this bug and I wonder if I can reenable it.

Thanks

• JeanK
    Options

Hi @jrp2706,

The changelogs for 15.42.8 are available here:

We are working on bringing back Portable and QuickJoin to the download page.

Thanks a lot for reporting this!

/JeanK

Community Manager