Installation and Configuration for old people

Options
Jakeelee
Jakeelee Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited June 2023 in Mobile

Hello,

my mother is 90 years old and I set her up with an Android smartphone, which she can use as easily as possible. Nevertheless, it happens again and again that she gets lost in the menus, eats up something, etc.

I thought about helping her with Teamviewer if she gets stuck again. However, even for me, who has worked in IT for years, the new Teamviewer is totally confusing and far from intuitive. Hence my questions asking for help:

- what exactly and how do I install it on my mother's smartphone so that she can start TV as easily and quickly as possible?

- what exactly do I install on my laptop and how do I install it so that I can connect as quickly as possible?

- Is it also possible for me to connect to her smartphone without you having to do anything?

thanks a lot

Answers

• DoGooder
    DoGooder Posts: 1
    Options

I know that it has been a while since the op asked their question, so this is really for all of the other victims out there.

I deeply appreciate the service that Teamviewer offers, but the setup is ridiculously hard. Even just getting onto this site to post a response was absurdly hard. I am all for security, but the lengths that a user most go to is unreasonable.

The mail points are as follows.

1. PC to PC is relatively easy with the old interface. I do not dare updating to the new interface for fear of having tremendous troubles. Free sessions are allowed within reason and you do not have to register.
    2. Mobile is where the headaches start. To get help you need to install Quick Support and Universal Add-on. You must go into settings and enable Quick Support and Universal Add-on. The areas are Accessibility and also Special Access for Draw Over Other Apps. You must also make sure that the permissions for the two apps include Location and possibly Storage. Each version of Android and special user overlays like Samsung's call these by different names. Also, you must have the Quick Support app open and it must say Ready to connect and the support receiver must okay repeatedly the request for access. In addition, if you have Samsung you must agree to Knox privacy in addition to Privacy for the Teamviewer apps.
    3. If you want to give support, you must also install Teamviewer Control Remote Device and okay all privacy and permissions for it to AND YOU MUST CREATE EITHER A FREE OR PAID ACCOUNT. IT WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT AN ACCOUNT.
    4. Everything goes really slow and you must be very patient.

I hope this helps the next person.