Connection starts lagging as soon as the remote accessed pc is not connected to an actual monitor

Options
JasemJT
JasemJT Posts: 1
edited August 2023 in Linux only

Hi, i'm trying to setup a little ubuntu server for myself and wanted to access this server without having to get a seperate setup for it. So the easiest way for me was to just install Teamviewer on it and remote controll it from my main Computer.

The problem i ran into is that as soon as i have no actual monitor plugged into the server, the remote connection on my main PC starts lagging so much that i can't do anything on the server anymore and that teamviewer occasionally crashes.

Best Answer

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,079 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @JasemJT ,

Welcome, and thanks for reaching out to our Community!

TeamViewer only reproduces the screen, mouse, and keyboard. Therefore, if there is no monitor on the partner side, TeamViewer will not know what to reproduce as graphics.

If you can't add a monitor to the partner side, a suggestion is to use an HDMI dummy plug or software that can mimic the presence of a monitor.

I hope this information can help you, let us know if we can help you any further! 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator

Answers

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,079 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @JasemJT ,

Welcome, and thanks for reaching out to our Community!

TeamViewer only reproduces the screen, mouse, and keyboard. Therefore, if there is no monitor on the partner side, TeamViewer will not know what to reproduce as graphics.

If you can't add a monitor to the partner side, a suggestion is to use an HDMI dummy plug or software that can mimic the presence of a monitor.

I hope this information can help you, let us know if we can help you any further! 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator