TeamViewer Deployment Using Intune - Newbie Help

Options
ctalton_14
ctalton_14 Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited August 2023 in TeamViewer Tensor

I am having some trouble with the deployment of the TeamViewer App using Intune. I am not new to deploying Windows apps via Intune and have no issues with other similar apps.

Currently, I have been successful in pushing the (Custom Host Module) TeamViewer App to some test clients by creating a Win32 Windows app (via an .intunewin file) and the suggested command-line arguments. When deployed, the host app on the client device includes the company logo.

I can provide remote support on the device FROM Intune Admin Center. That part works.

The problems are , the device never shows up in the Tensor console (in the device group nor device management), AND the TeamViewer policies I created are not applied to the custom configuration apparently.

For example, I have a TeamViewer policy that I assumed would be a part of the package since it was clearly selected in the Design & Deploy Custom Module. One of the settings was to "Check for new versions - Weekly", however, the user can still change the setting from the client app.

I am attaching edited screen shots of my settings. If anyone has any thoughts please let me know. Thank you in advance!

Oh, also, I've attempted a second method via the .msi package, and followed all instructions online, but it wouldn't deploy at all. I can provide screenshots of those settings as well if interested.

Thanks again!

Best Answers

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 981 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ctalton_14,

We're happy to read your new post and to assist you further! 🤠

As per your first screenshot, from the Management Console, I can see that a policy has been selected. When creating a policy with different parameters, we recommend enforcing each of the parameters:

Regarding the devices not showing up anywhere, could you please check if you those two steps have been done before deploying the Host modules?

1. Create a Device Group - If you need several distinct groups to facilitate your daily work, don't hesitate to create different ones.
    2. Create an assignment configuration - It will allow you to assign different managers if needed, and apply your policy.

Feel free to deploy again and let us know if the issue persists from your side!

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone 💌 French Community Moderator

• JenW
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ctalton_14,

I'm happy to read that you were able to move ahead with the deployment.

To answer your question, you need to use the last MSI you have created and the information will be automatically collected with the Config ID and the Assignment Config ID.

Also, feel free to have a look at our dedicated article if you haven't seen it yet and could bring you more information: 📄 Deploy TeamViewer on Device Groups via Microsoft Endpoint Manager

Keep up posted! 😀

Jen

• ctalton_14
    Answer ✓
    Options

@JenW Please disregard. I've answered my own question. For anyone else in my shoes....I followed the instructions in this article very closely and create the .bat file incorporating the "Script for the Host client (32-bit)". Steps 8-10 were what I needed. Also, the answer to my question regarding the API token...the answer is No. It's not needed when using the 32-bit MSI installer. Here is the article again: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/109973-rollout-teamviewer-for-device-groups-via-microsoft-endpoint-manager

Thanks for sending that. And thanks again for the assistance!

Answers

• JenW
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ctalton_14,

We're happy to read your new post and to assist you further! 🤠

As per your first screenshot, from the Management Console, I can see that a policy has been selected. When creating a policy with different parameters, we recommend enforcing each of the parameters:

Regarding the devices not showing up anywhere, could you please check if you those two steps have been done before deploying the Host modules?

1. Create a Device Group - If you need several distinct groups to facilitate your daily work, don't hesitate to create different ones.
    2. Create an assignment configuration - It will allow you to assign different managers if needed, and apply your policy.

Feel free to deploy again and let us know if the issue persists from your side!

Best,

Jen

• ctalton_14
    Options

Thank you for your response @JenW ! I had not created a group under "Device Groups".

Under "Design & Deploy", I had not "Enforced" all of the policies, I had only "Enabled" most of them. 

Lastly, under the "Assignment" tab, I had created a configuration, however, since I did not have the new "Device Group" before today, obviously the "Policy: Inherit from group" option was set to none (this is now changed) and the new "Device Group" needed to be selected.

Now that these changes have been made, will that require me to re-download the custom module installer from "Design & Deploy" and update the previous file in Intune admin center?

Thanks again for the help!

• JenW
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ctalton_14,

I'm happy to read that you were able to move ahead with the deployment.

To answer your question, you need to use the last MSI you have created and the information will be automatically collected with the Config ID and the Assignment Config ID.

Also, feel free to have a look at our dedicated article if you haven't seen it yet and could bring you more information: 📄 Deploy TeamViewer on Device Groups via Microsoft Endpoint Manager

Keep up posted! 😀

Jen

• ctalton_14
    Options

Thanks for that @JenW. That's the first reference I've seen where it suggest that a .bat (install script) is to be created then converted to a .intunewin package. I also notice that in Step 8 in the article the "Script for the Host client (32-bit)" it does not include any scripting that includes the api-token. Is that not needed in the script?

Also, shouldn't I be able to add all this code into the "Command-line arguments" in Intune Admin Center, along with the .msi vs creating a .bat file for it?

Please see attached examples. Would either of these work properly?:

Thanks again for the help!

• ctalton_14
    Answer ✓
    Options

@JenW Please disregard. I've answered my own question. For anyone else in my shoes....I followed the instructions in this article very closely and create the .bat file incorporating the "Script for the Host client (32-bit)". Steps 8-10 were what I needed. Also, the answer to my question regarding the API token...the answer is No. It's not needed when using the 32-bit MSI installer. Here is the article again: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/109973-rollout-teamviewer-for-device-groups-via-microsoft-endpoint-manager

Thanks for sending that. And thanks again for the assistance!

• JenW
    Options

Hi @ctalton_14,

We're happy that you could answer your own question with the help of our articles! 🙂

We also thank you for sharing it within the Community! I'm sure this will help other users having the same questions.

We wish you a nice week ahead!

Jen