Login issue

lowellnelson
lowellnelson Posts: 5
edited August 2023 in Account

What does "Invalid/Expired state token" mean. It has never appeared before, and no explanation or option for resolution is provided.

Answers

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,689 Moderator

Hi @lowellnelson,

Welcome to TeamViewer Community!

I would like to get more information from you about the error message. Where do you see it and did you try to login the TeamViewer account?

Hope to receive the response from you!

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Ying_Q

I am a non-commercial (free) user (occasional), Today I have a reason to connect to someone else via Teamviewer, and I activated my previously existing account, upon which I was requested to validate trust for the computer I am using, via e_mail, which I did without complication, and upon which I was then advised that I could continue to log in. When I performed the new log-in, however, I received a prompt "Whoops!" "Invalid/Expired state token." Otherwise blank screen. No explanation. No options for resolution of anything.

Thanks for any explanation, help, or advice that you have for me.

Lowell

• Ying_Q

Hi @lowellnelson,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Is your TeamViewer account using Google or Microsoft email account? If that is the case, we would like to advise you to sign up a new TeamViewer account with a different email address as TeamViewer is now experiencing technical issue with Google and Microsoft account at the moment.

Best,

Ying_Q

• Ying_Q

I do not use Google or Microsoft. My e-mail provider is fastmail.

Lowell

• Ying_Q

Thank you for the confirmation on the email! @lowellnelson We can now try the different direction of Trusted device emails as the error message might related to the expiry of the trusted device emails.

Since you mentioned that you were able to complete adding the trusted device for your email account. Can you try again to login the TeamViewer account and then check for the new trusted device email for a new completion of verifying the device please.

I am sorry for the confusion in previous conversation but please keep me posted about how you go with the new trusted device email for new login.

Best,

Ying_Q

• Here's the login result.

• Ying_Q

Hi again @lowellnelson.

Thank you for being patience and sharing the screenshot with me this time!

From the screenshot you shared, it shows that you have already signed in the TeamViewer account in the Community!

Are you experiencing any issue on loading the knowledge articles or posts after the account signed in? We are not aware of any issue at our end on the TeamViewer Community yet. There are a few simple steps I would like you to try out:

1) sign out the account and then sign in again to see if you still receive the same error message;

2) go to the top navigation menu and select on Knowledge Base, the click on TeamViewer Remote to see if you can redirect to the page with or without account signed in;

3) the third test is to click on this article link - Sign in with your account with and without account signed in.

If you have time, could you try again for the trouble shooting steps and we are keen to check out the result from your side.

Best,

Ying_Q

• lowellnelson
    lowellnelson Posts: 5
    edited August 2023

Sign-in step 1

Sign-in step 2

Sign-in step 3 (i.e., next screen, following step 2):

The options at the top are active: I can access "Community," "Blog," "Support Forum," etc. I am NOT provided with an active interface for the use of Teamviewer, there is NOT an explanation for the message "Invalid/Expired state token," and there is NOT an option offered for resolution of the problem, whatever it is. The result is the same with every log-in attempt.

Lowell

• Ying_Q

Hi @lowellnelson,

I appreciate your response with the screenshots and the various attempts on account login.

Since we can't replicate the login issue with the TeamViewer Community, after the discussion with my team member @Akiho, the idea of changing your Internet browser was raised. Can you then try opening the TeamViewer Community and logging in to the account after clearing the browser's caches and also changing to a different Internet browser please? We also want to know if the Community homepage loads as normal without your account login?

Thank you for your patience and time in following the attempts!

Best,

Ying_Q