Can't login with an account created via Microsoft

Options
stiigyplonk
stiigyplonk Posts: 1
edited August 2023 in Account

"This TeamViewer account has been created via a Google or Microsoft account. It's not supported on this client. Please use a newer version of TeamViewer to sign in."

This is displayed when I try log in.

How can the account be changed to use a password?

OR

How can the account be deleted since I can't sign in with it?

It is not the account used to post this message (ironically, which I had to create to sign in and ask a question about why I can't sign in with my normal email address).

Best Answer

• lloydyoung1150
    lloydyoung1150 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Figured out solution. The initial account creation was done by clicking on the select Google account. Therefore every login after that must be done by selecting Google account. Signed in via the Google account, deleted the account and created account this time by simply entering the email address and everything works OK now. Error message received was misleading and could be better worded.

Answers

• lloydyoung1150
    Options

I am receiving the same message and would like to delete the account and recreate it. How can I do that?

• lloydyoung1150
    Options

To be more soecific, I generated an account for a friend. Now when I try to login I get the message that the account was created via Microsoft or Google so cannot login the account. Need to start over, delete the old account and recreate. The account is under a different ID than mine.

• lloydyoung1150
    Answer ✓
    Options

Figured out solution. The initial account creation was done by clicking on the select Google account. Therefore every login after that must be done by selecting Google account. Signed in via the Google account, deleted the account and created account this time by simply entering the email address and everything works OK now. Error message received was misleading and could be better worded.