Raspberry Pi Stuck On Connecting

Options
dalbright
dalbright Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Linux only

I have seen some older posts, none of which really seemed resolved, so I'm going to give it a current shot.

I bought a new Raspberry Pi yesterday, I have connected to it via SSH and set Teamviewer up using the instructions from https://pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-teamviewer/

I have added the Teamviewer ID to my Computer & Contacts and it shows as available, and when I power off the Raspberry Pi it shows as unavailable, so that portion is working it seems.

When I try to connect to the Pi, it just says Connecting in the bottom left for several minutes and eventually shows the error in the bottom right of "Connection not established. Authentication Canceled"

Any clue how to fix this?

Answers

• dalbright
    Options

I have tried the following process with no improvement:

1) run sudo nano /boot/config.txt

2) Add the following two lines at the bottom of the file:

Code: Select all

hdmi_force_hotplug=1
    hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080

3) Press Ctrl + XY, and Enter

4) run sudo reboot to restart the RBP

• dalbright
    Options

Here is the Teamviewer Info output:

TeamViewer              15.47.3 (DEB)

TeamViewer ID:            XXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXX

teamviewerd status          ● teamviewerd.service - TeamViewer remote                                                                                                control daemon

Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/teamviewerd.service; enabled; preset: e                                                                                                nabled)

Active: active (running) since Mon 2023-11-20 23:08:51 EST; 4min 12s ago

Process: 1116 ExecStart=/opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/teamviewerd -d (code=exited,                                                                                                status=0/SUCCESS)

Main PID: 1177 (teamviewerd)

Tasks: 29 (limit: 8734)

CPU: 7.587s

CGroup: /system.slice/teamviewerd.service

├─1177 /opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/teamviewerd -d

└─1931 "" --IPCport 5939

Nov 20 23:08:51 NESPi1 systemd[1]: Started teamviewerd.service - TeamViewer remo                                                                                                te control daemon.

Nov 20 23:10:18 NESPi1 su[1892]: (to admin) root on none

Nov 20 23:10:18 NESPi1 su[1892]: pam_unix(su-l:session): session opened for user                                                                                                admin(uid=1000) by (uid=0)

Nov 20 23:10:18 NESPi1 su[1892]: pam_unix(su-l:session): session closed for user                                                                                                admin

Nov 20 23:11:52 NESPi1 su[1933]: (to admin) root on none

Nov 20 23:11:52 NESPi1 su[1933]: pam_unix(su-l:session): session opened for user                                                                                                admin(uid=1000) by (uid=0)

Nov 20 23:11:52 NESPi1 su[1933]: pam_unix(su-l:session): session closed for user                                                                                                admin

Nov 20 23:12:14 NESPi1 su[1955]: (to admin) root on none

Nov 20 23:12:14 NESPi1 su[1955]: pam_unix(su-l:session): session opened for user                                                                                                admin(uid=1000) by (uid=0)

Nov 20 23:12:14 NESPi1 su[1955]: pam_unix(su-l:session): session closed for user                                                                                                admin

• HPAOLELL
    HPAOLELL Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

im getting the same issue it annoying i really need help on this too!

• LDrake
    LDrake Posts: 1
    Options

I have the same issue, did you find a solution ?

BTW.... happy new year 2024 😊

• pleymor
    pleymor Posts: 1
    Options

I got the same issue since I reinstalled raspberry PI OS (Bookworm).

The only way I found to fix it was to install the Legacy 64bits version (Bullseye).

Good luck!

• HorcaDev
    HorcaDev Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Same here! Raspberry Pi works as it should. Teamviewer Host installed (Version 15.49.2 - Date: Dec 13 on Free License).

I connected this Host with a TeamViewer Management Console. Host is online and is ready to connect. But it's not connecting in the end.

At the moment, the Raspberry Pi 4 is connected to a hotspot iPhone Network. Not sure if this could be an issue, but the fact that other people have the same issue here since dec23/jan24 appears to be a problem on the part of teamvieler software (client/host).

I will try the following

• downgrade the TeamViewer host software
    • connect over an other network source

There will be also an Maintenance from TeamViewer on 06. Jan 2024 from 20:00 to 23:00 CET. Maybe this help...