Error trying to run TeamViewerQS

Hi, I'm trying to help my brother from my home (my brother is living far away from my home). I've directed him to download and run teamviewerQS_64.exe. He has installed Windows 11. However after double clicking on this exe file he got an error message (see the attached file): "Error opening file for writing: C:\users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Temp\Teamviewer\tvqsfiles.7z.

Best Answer

• LeonW
    LeonW Posts: 3
    Answer ✓

Problem solved. The security permission on the security tab in C:\users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Temp\ directory wasn't defined. After adding <System> and <Daniel> as administrator on the security tab with all permission, the application works as expected.

Leon

Answers

• pdx86
    pdx86 Posts: 5

The file doesn't look right. Are you sure he downloaded it from the correct website? It should just download the file named TeamviewerQS_x64.exe The file you have there appears to be a zipped file. I suggest deleting that file and download it again from here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/info/quicksupport/

• LeonW

Hi @pdx86 ,

Thanks for your help. I'm using the correct TeamviewerQS_x64.exe file downloaded from Teamviewer site. I also know that it is trying to write into tvqsfiles.7z file which doesn't exist on this computer.

Next time, I'll visit my brother, I'll try to remove any traces of Teamviewer from the registry (if any) and report here the results.

leon

• LeonW
    Answer ✓

Problem solved. The security permission on the security tab in C:\users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Temp\ directory wasn't defined. After adding <System> and <Daniel> as administrator on the security tab with all permission, the application works as expected.

Leon