Accessing a car head unit

Options
tsolignani
tsolignani Posts: 6 ✭✭

Good morning everyone.

I have a head unit into my RV, Macrom M-AN900DAB, which runs «android automotive».

I can install and run TeamViewer Host fine on that, but when I try to connect it says it cannot and to contact support.

I tried to open a ticket but since I use TV for personal purposes and I have no license I got bounced to the community.

Any hint about that?

Thank you and have a nice day.

Tagged:

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @tsolignani

Thanks for your post. Welcome back to the Community!

While TeamViewer is available in the Android app store, it is not guaranteed to work on all devices, such as a car's interface.

The first thing to note is the manufacturer you provided is not a supported manufacturer for remote control. As this is also a unique device, the TeamViewer app may not work with this method.

My suggestion would be to try to install the TeamViewer QuickSupport app and the Universal Add-on for TeamViewer, as this is provided for non-supported manufacturers of Android devices that use TeamViewer. However, if this does not work, I would say that utilizing the TeamViewer Host on this type of device would not currently be possible.

I hope this helps! Please let us know your findings, or if you have any other questions.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• tsolignani
    Options

Thank you for your reply.

I made some tries.

I installed Teamviewer QuiSupport app and the add on.

When launching the app, the following message appears:

It says that my device supports remote control and I have to open a ticket, I am presented with a link to open a ticket, but the site doesn't allow me to do it, for I do not hold a commercial license.

But it says it does support remote control...

Later on, when trying to connect from another peripheral, that message arises:

No need to translate this time. But when I tap «check» the following window displays:

The «continua» option, which means "go ahead" is grayed out so that I am stuck.

Please note I am trying to connect from a teamviewer app where I am logged in, so TM does very well who I am. And from the same wifi network (no active VPNs) of the destination unit, so that I really don't know.

Any hint?

Thank you and have a nice day.

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @tsolignani

Thank you for the clarification and for sharing your results!

While it says it supports remote control, it does not appear to be a supported manufacturer; on top of this, the type of device - a car interface - is not necessarily one supported or tested through TeamViewer.

At this stage of troubleshooting, it does not appear that TeamViewer would be able to operate on this device at this time. We are happy to forward this feedback internally, however.

Thanks again for sharing!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• tsolignani
    Options

Thank you for filing it as a request.

Thank you.