How to disable the orange box around the remote session?

Options
nmdias
nmdias Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited April 26 in General questions

I never seen this before today, and I don't know how to disable that. It has an orange square around and a tab in the middle top with a button "End Session". How to disable this?

Best Answer

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,084 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all, 
    We thank you for your patience for further information!

With the latest update of TeamViewer, the remote session screen was enhanced to bring more visibility to the remote partner regarding which monitor is being viewed as well as a quick button to end the session.

The feature is available at the moment for our free users and it cannot currently be disabled. TeamViewer understands that during an attended remote session the remote partner has the right to end the connection at any moment; therefore, enhancements were done to improve the visibility of the session. 

We highly advise our users to always keep TeamViewer in the newest version. For clients with a license, always make sure you're logged in with the licensed account. You are also welcome to provide feedback about this feature in our Ideas board.

We thank you for your understanding. 
    Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator

Answers

• shreshth
    shreshth Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

how to remove the new end session borders from team viewer client side remote access

• Amersfoort
    Amersfoort Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 27
    Options

I have the same question. My app on an Android tablet is full screen, and now the orange box is visible right through the bottom part of the screen.

• FalconDiver
    FalconDiver Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

This is a rather annoying feature. Teamviewer is one of the tools we use to make corporate training materials at my company, and this is interfering with our process, because we don't want an orange border around any screenshots or video clips we create. It's ugly and distracting, and can be confusing to users.

• abominator
    abominator Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited April 30
    Options

Same here. Plus it prevents me from accessing my hidden tasksbar, so I can only access items on the desktop.

• classic35mm
    classic35mm Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

I agree -- this is incredibly annoying! My windows 11 taskbar is at the top of my screen, so the orange tab that says "End session" covers some of my taskbar items! Does anyone know how to report this issue (I would call it a bug) to the TeamViewer development team?

• classic35mm
    Options

I'm running TeamViewer Remote version 15.53.6 (64-bit) on Windows 11. This version puts an orange rectangle with an orange tab "End session" at the top of the screen. Where can I download older versions of TeamViewer Remote, when this orange box did not exist?

• classic35mm
    Options

Does anyone know when this "orange box" feature (bug, in my opinion) was introduced? Was it introduced in 15.53.6, which I think is the latest version of TeamViewer or Windows 11? Or was it introduced earlier?

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

Hi all,

Thanks for bringing attention to this topic. 😄

We're currently getting more details about this new security feature to share with you all.

We thank you for your patience and understanding.🙏🏻🌷

Please let us know if you have further questions!

Best, Carol

• classic35mm
    Options

Hi Carol, thanks for writing. I look forward to hearing from you again soon — with more details about the orange box around TeamViewer sessions.

The annoying thing about it is not so much about the box itself, but the large orange "tab" that says "End session" in the top center of the screen. That tab occupies important screen real estate on my Windows 11 machine and prevents me from accessing menus that I need to access during a TeamViewer session. If the "tab" could be moved/slid by the user, that would fix the problem. Could you please forward this suggestion to the Development team?

Thank you.

• abominator
    Options

Please don't entertain this idea. It doesn't address the problems us other questioners have with this "innovation".

By the way: Teamviewer performed adequate without any orange borders.

• Amersfoort
    Amersfoort Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

There has been a QuickSupport update on my Android device. No orange box visible anymore. Case closed.

• nmdias
    edited May 6
    Options

Issue still persists on the Windows desktop app. Both clients are up to date, but the orange box with the intrusive button in the top middle is still there.

How to disable this?

• .Carol.fg.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi all, 
    We thank you for your patience for further information!

With the latest update of TeamViewer, the remote session screen was enhanced to bring more visibility to the remote partner regarding which monitor is being viewed as well as a quick button to end the session.

The feature is available at the moment for our free users and it cannot currently be disabled. TeamViewer understands that during an attended remote session the remote partner has the right to end the connection at any moment; therefore, enhancements were done to improve the visibility of the session. 

We highly advise our users to always keep TeamViewer in the newest version. For clients with a license, always make sure you're logged in with the licensed account. You are also welcome to provide feedback about this feature in our Ideas board.

We thank you for your understanding. 
    Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.

Best, Carol

• abominator
    edited 1:13AM
    Options

Thanks for your answer Carol

But, this is highly disappointing.
    Usability is sacrificed for visibility?
    ( to bring more visibility to the remote partner regarding which monitor is being viewed as well as a quick button to end the session)
    This can be achieved by a myriad of other, less intrusive means.
    (The feature is available at the moment for our free users)
    So not for licensed users? Do they not have the right to end the connection at any moment?

Unless I don’t comprehend the literalness of it, I don’t thing Carol’s answer is very logical nor valid.
    And I still would like to know, weather this ‘feature’ will be more free-user friendly in the future?

Greetz.

• nmdias
    Options

Hi Carol,

Last night I replied to you, on how I am connecting through a VPN to my company and using a LAN IP adress within the company's network to connect to the remote machine. This is a company with around 300 machines, all running TV with a company license, and still I have this orange box.

This morning I wake up to see my reply is gone.

I will not reply again describing the issue.

Thank you for your efforts.