Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• My account is private. Please verify and remove the block. Thanks.

• lorcih
    lorcih Posts: 2
    edited September 30

I use my account at home, as a university student, solely for personal use. I log into my online classes with my account. However, recently the app hasn't been working properly and keeps restricting my usage. It seems to assume that I am using it for commercial purposes. I receive 5-minute limits, or sometimes I am unable to use it at all. Could you please help me with this issue?

• I HAVE A FREE ACCOUNT HAVE HAD IT FOR YEARS BUT NOW I AM GETTI NG CUT OFF AND TOLD LOOKS LIKE THIS IS A COMMERSEL ACCOUNT. HOW DO I GET IT FIXED I HAVE BEEN TRYING

• Tophers_2cents
    Tophers_2cents Posts: 2
    edited September 30

Im currently getting a notification stating corporate use detected, when logging into one of three PCs I manage/own.

One is my mother's, it's a short fused virus farm, I don't know how but she always downloads them.

One is my gaming server, it's a gaming desktop, but only exists to host Minecraft and Satisfactory game servers and sits at my desk to the right of my gaming PC at home. I remote into this to reboot it or the game servers if they act up and I'm not home.

Third, is my gaming PC, where many of my sound files, streaming footage clips and replays and fonts are stored. I use these frequently to post personal gaming footage to social media and remote into this PC to upload them to my personal Google DRIVE.

None of this is for profit, it's all very much personal use. I access all of them via mobile as needed, and only as needed.

So, support... Unlock my account? Or let me put in a ticket, please.

-Topher.

• bovada
    bovada Posts: 2

Hi there,

I am private user of the free version of Teamviewer desktop and mobile version.

Why do I see 'commercial use suspected and breaks the connection after a short period of time. What is the sollution to solve this?

• louisvd
    louisvd Posts: 4
    edited September 30

I get so very frustrated. I'm a legitimately personal use only user but am constantly getting kicked off for commercial use being suspected. Some days it works, others not. I suspected that because I get a dynamic IP from my ISP, that I'm often unlucky and get branded as commercial.

Rightnow in trying to control the PC in my house from my cell phone. Commercial use suspected. It claims I will get 5 minutes. It gives me 2 minutes then kicks me off.

Please can't this get fixed? I know I'm a free user, but really .....

• duke72
    duke72 Posts: 2
    edited September 30

I use TeamViewer only for personal use only. Lately it will log me off after 5 or 10 minutes. Why?

• Please help! My niece has been trying to remote in to my computer for a week now. I have not gotten any help and don't know what to do.

Thank you.

• n0reh
    n0reh Posts: 2

Turned off after a minute then will not let me check in for some time

• ŞabanKARADAĞ_1007
    edited October 1

TI added my tablet next to my computer while using team viewer but I keep getting warnings, I would be happy if you could take care of this.

• danmur15
    danmur15 Posts: 2

I was trying to set up remote access between my personal phone and my personal laptop at home. I had a 2021 install of TeamViewer on my laptop, and just uninstalled and replaced it with the newest version.

I was able to set up unattended access for my laptop fine, but when I try to connect to it with my phone i get a warning saying that the app had detected corporate use and would disconnect the session in 5 minutes (it usually dropped immediately after i closed the popup).

Unfortunately it seems like the app is detecting that i have Microsoft Authenticator registered with my employer as required of me. There are no other company apps on my personal phone, and I use a different authenticator app for my TeamViewer account. Is there any way to have the app recognize my phone as a personal device again? I can't remove MS Auth. right now, but if I removed it in the future would the app start working right away?

• I'm trying to connect my phone to my laptop back at the place I'm staying at and unfortunately it tells me that there is "Commercial Use Detected" and then it quits me out after 5 minutes and doesn't let me reconnect until after a long time later. I've been using TeamViewer for over a decade and I've never had this problem. I tried reinstalling the software on both devices as well as trying to reclaim the free version on their website. Unfortunately when that happened they got back to me and said that they cannot confirm that my ID is being used privately. They also encouraged me to purchase a license in order to get it working, and I've never had to pay for TeamViewer in all the years I've used it.

If someone could help me get TeamViewer to work again on the free version I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

• BJ60
    BJ60 Posts: 1
    edited October 3

You're not alone, I also have been getting booted from my free account that I've been using for years which now says I'm using it corporate.

• Heymac
    Heymac Posts: 1

I have been using the Free Personal version about 10 years now. I connect with Family and Friends only, and when I try to connect either with my Brothers or my Cousin, I connect and get Disconnected immediately and Blocked! I'm not a commercial user and have not been all along, and I sent that email 2 weeks ago stating i want my Free & Personal usage back! I'm still being blocked, how can this be fixed please? Tx Marty

• Joe4100
    Joe4100 Posts: 1

Teamviewer thinks I'm using my free account for commercial use, and as a result it terminates my connection after a few minutes. I am actually a personal user and I exclusively use my account to help my 2 elderly out-of-state parents with their computer issues. How can I set my account to be for personal use and not have it automatically disconnect my remote sessions with my parents??

• Have not used Team Viewer for quite some time. Can't seem to figure out how to get into the free version of team viewer

• Qneela
    Qneela Posts: 1

I just installed TeamViewer yesterday. One machine has the host installed and is configured for quick connect. The other has the full client. Both are in my home and are on the same network. Yesterday it all worked without issue. Today when I tried to connect I am told "Commercial use - It seems there might be a licensing problem with your connection partner. Connecting to this device requires a valid TeamViewer license for you are your connection partner." I also get "Unable to connect - Connection blocked after timeout - Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license." If I wait until the allowed reconnect time (seems to be about 1 minute) I simply get the exact same roadblock again.

• I've been using team viewer for years, and recently it's become more and more complicated to log on for just 5 minutes on an uncle's, aunt's or a friend's computer.
    What do you think you can do in 5 minutes?
    And now I can't even log on without taking out a compulsory license.
    What happens to you at teamviewer? Did you think you were the only one on the market or what?
    Please unlock my 5 minutes again before my mother has a fit.
    And try to be more contactable ... did you think you'd created the adobe suite or what?

• Simpson
    Simpson Posts: 1

Why aren't teamviewer responding to this issue and to everyone that fills out the reclaim form?

• ivowo
    ivowo Posts: 1

Hello,
    I was an owner of TeamViewer Bussiness licence for 3 devices. Since I have retired and closed down my business and am no longer in business, I was asking you to terminate my license and convert my account to free non-commercial. It's done, my license terminated 10.10.2024. And now, when I try use TeamViewer, appears an information, that I use TeamViewer for commercial purposes ant connection will be terminated. It is complete nonsense, because all of my devices are used at home, in my two properties, where I am living. I don't know, how did you figure it out, that it is commercial use. I am asking you to end your blocking of my account, my activities are NONCOMMERCIAL only. Thankc for your understanding.

• I am a single user with a free license (I think). Teamviewer only allows me a few minutes on the app before I am logged off. I am rarely on, last time was 6 months ago and usually for 20-30 minutes to help a family member or friend.

• Teamviewer, I hate you! Yesterday I needed to help my wife in another city to handle something urgently on her phone. So I needed to connect via quick support. But it didn't work! When I entered id that she shared with me, teamviewer desktop says "session has expired". It has never even started and it already says that it's expired. Just tested it today with my own phone - the same. It just doesn't work. Id was correct both times. I've double checked it: my wife sent me a screenshot with id and my own id was right in front of me and it was also correct.

• Greetings!

I'm a retired guy who helps family with computer stuff. No commercial work at all or connecting to commercial computers. Sister, Brother a friend or two. I use this less than once a month. I believe Team Viewer is GREAT! It saves me a ton of Gasoline!

Once before I was changed to commercial viewer but when I explained my circumstance, they converted me back to Free user. It looks like I'm back to commercial users and asking me to "play fair" which I want to do! but using the system less than 12 times a year and for friends and family only, a paid subscription is too high!

How can I contact Team Viewer to get this fixed?

advTHANKSance

Dkb

• mabhz
    mabhz Posts: 5
    edited October 17

Thanks for the reply! I have done that a few times already, and each time my ID gets a reset. But now I get disconnected after 30 seconds, with a message saying that I have surpassed my available time usage.

Theres no mention to commercial usage anymore, but still getting disconnected after 30 seconds!

Any ideas how to fix this, please???

• fneske
    fneske Posts: 1

I don't know where to send the response. It's possible Team Viewer thinks I'm my son, who has as business, wants to exploit the free version. However, he's a lawyer and has no time to mess around looking at people's PCs.

• Morgul
    Morgul Posts: 2

I'm trying to use TeamViewer and i'm using it for private use only, but I'm not able to use it.

All the time I'm getting stoped and shown a payment site, so how do I get this to stop?

I can't make a ticket to TeamViewer support team, because i'm a private person using TeamViewer for free, and only paying customers can make a ticket.

So how can I use TeamViewer for free as a private person if they are not letting me do that?

• i'm literally connected to the same network at home. just checking something on my desktop from my laptop upstairs because i was lazy. they're really pushing hard for their single user license huh?

been using this for 15+ years. as i only ever use it once in a blue moon these days, i can't justify their recurring monthly price. what's funny is that i used to want a license even for personal use, just so i can get help from issues they have. but seeing that they haven't even addressed issues like remote HDR, i'd rather look somewhere else at this point. at least it was free.

any recommendations?

• Since joining Teamviewer at home, in 2012, i would occasionally be flagged as commercial user but could get this reset to free fairly quickly. At 73, i use it to manage 4 pc's around my house, updates etc. Since september this year, i was again flagged as commercial and limited to 1 min connection time. Despite asking and getting an initial reset which did not fix it , repeated reset requests seem to be ignored. Noting similar earlier posts, it would seem to me that the Free account is being phased out and will no longer be supported. If this is the case, then just come out and say so. instead of annoying loyal users by the lack of support and response.

• LK_
    LK_ Posts: 3

Hi there,

New to the forum. I've used Teamviewer for a long time purely for free use. I had to submit a ticket to reset my account to free back in late September which was approved. I tried to use Teamviewer for the first time since then last week and it claimed to have detected "commercial use" when I had tried to use my phone to connect to my PC whilst I was in a different room in my house. I have tried to submit a ticket request 3 times in the last week and each time I haven't received a confirmation email.

What can I do to ensure that my ticket has been submitted and will be reviewed? The 72 hours has passed since I sent the first request last week.

Thank you in advanced!

• garyp007
    garyp007 Posts: 2

I'm not alone then! I started a thread a couple of days ago asking if anyone had had any success getting their license reset. It's had no replies yet which isn't looking good 🙁.