Teamviewer doesn't start in Debian Testing KDE

Options

Hi

First of all i want to thank in advance to anyone who tries to help me to solve a problem with Teamviewer. I also have to mention that before creating this post, I made a research in the web to try to solve this issue but it was impossible to find an answer.

The problem is that I uninstalled and purged Playonlinux in my two laptops and Teamviewer stopped launching In both of them, so I'm pretty sure that the problem could be wine.

When i manually launch TV I can see the following log in terminal:

Init...
CheckCPU: SSE2 support: yes
XRandRWait: No value set. Using default.
XRandRWait: Started by user.
Checking setup...
Launching TeamViewer ...
Launching TeamViewer GUI ...

And then nothing more, no errors. I tried uninstalling TV and erasing every file as it is mentioned in other posts and installing it once again (i also downloaded the file in several oportunities from the official webpage).

sudo rm -rf /home/*/.local/share/teamviewer* /home/*/.config/teamviewer /opt/teamviewer
sudo apt install teamviewer_12.0.85001_i386.deb

After this the only thing diferent that I see in Konsole is:

Init...
CheckCPU: SSE2 support: yes
XRandRWait: No value set. Using default.
XRandRWait: Started by user.
Checking setup...
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {4315d437-5b8c-11d0-bd3b-00a0c911ce86} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {4315d437-5b8c-11d0-bd3b-00a0c911ce86} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {4315d437-5b8c-11d0-bd3b-00a0c911ce86} could be created for context 0x3
wine: configuration in '/home/thaur/.local/share/teamviewer12' has been updated.
Launching TeamViewer ...
Launching TeamViewer GUI ...

but once again nothing happens.

Then I did the same procedure but after reinstalling Playonlinux, but I get the same result.

I also uninstalled Playonlinux and then installed Wine as described in Debian webpage:

sudo apt install wine wine32 wine64 libwine libwine:i386 fonts-wine

but no change at all.

Before uninstalling Playonlinux I never had a problem with Teamviewer. I have been using it in linux for several years and always the install process and usage were flawless.

If anyone have a clue to solve this, I would be very thankfull (Sadly I'm not an advance user)

I'm using Debian Testing
KDE Plasma 5.10.5
Kernel version: 4.13.0-1-amd64

(Sorry for any spelling mistakes, but english is not my mother language)

Comments

• Ziberius
    Options

I have exactly the same problem, will post if I figure anything out.