Clipboard at Windows Login Screen

Hi!

I have a problem using the clipboard-function from TeamViewer to paste a password to the windows login screen. I connect to windows and have to login to it. But the Clipboard is not working at the login-screen, I can not paste the login from my host to the client windows. After login (manually) it is possible, I can paste everything everywhere. Probably a security-function? From TeamViewer or from Windows? For me its not helping. This way I have to keep my passwords simple. This is not good for security...

Greetings
Drongo

Best Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hi all,

I just wanted to inform you that our team has discovered a solution that permits clipboard pasting within the sign-in screen. 🙌

This fix will be included in the upcoming release which is scheduled for February.

Once the release is confirmed as successful, I will update the thread and share the necessary steps that need to be followed.

All the best,

/JeanK

@Drongo @Tech_Tuesday @cl82014 @gwenaelAL @mwidev @KChennells @Jassu @schuby @Frederik1998

Community Manager

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

Hi @Dominooch,

Sorry for coming back late.

Yes, the update was released. Could you try, update to the latest version on both sides and see if it's working as expected?

Thanks in advance for your collaboration!

/JeanK

Community Manager

Answers

• schuby
    schuby Posts: 1

How does TeamViewer not have this? This is one of several reasons we're dumping TeamViewer.

• Frederik1998
    Frederik1998 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I can't paste my credentials in the windows logon screen in TeamViewer is there a way to fix it or a workaround? I'm working from a MacBook. Thanks in advance.

• JeanK
    edited January 24

Hello all,

For security reasons, it is not possible to copy/paste into the Windows logon screen.

Community Manager

• askotkar
    askotkar Posts: 2 ✭✭

Copy Paste Not working on WINDOWS 11

• Jassu
    Jassu Posts: 1
    edited January 2022

Is this seriously the official response from Teamviewer? Its a joke right? Every other RMM tool has this feature built in. The whole reason we went with Teamviewer with our NINJARMM was to be able to do this. I guess i will be cancelling TV and going to **Third Party Product**.

What a joke of a response

• KChennells
    KChennells Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited December 2022

Is TeamViewer not capable of copying and pasting admin credentials into a User Account Control window on a remote session? All other remote platforms have this capability yet it seems that TeamViewer cannot do this .... (See below image for reference) I can copy and paste anything else just not into this window.

• mwidev
    mwidev Posts: 7 ✭✭

I have the exactly same Problem since some years.

Now i decided to post this on the Idea Place.

Maybe you or other readers like to upvote.

https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/128961/insert-text-by-emulated-keyboard-passwords-on-login-screen/p1?new=1

• gwenaelAL
    gwenaelAL Posts: 2 ✭✭

When I lauch remotly an application as administrator account into my windows workstation, i must use administrator account.

with teamviewer I don't find how to past my login and password.

Can you help me?

• cl82014
    cl82014 Posts: 1

1 year later..

Still a problem. This is not a security issue. all other tools can do this. Just wasted 1hr on phone call with support, who essentially had no clue, and had to create a ticket for engineers. I too am searching for solution or changing and not using teamviewer, period. They did not seem to be even aware this is an issue...

• JeanK

Hello @Jassu, hello @cl82014,

I had a chat with our teams and this is definitely something we will actively look into.

So far, it was made by design, but our teams are reconsidering this.

I will keep you up-to-date in this thread as soon as I have news to share. 🙌

Thank you for your contribution and have a great weekend ahead!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Tech_Tuesday
    Tech_Tuesday Posts: 1 Newbie

No response from Team Viewer! I'll have to go with another service.

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

Hi all,

I just wanted to inform you that our team has discovered a solution that permits clipboard pasting within the sign-in screen. 🙌

This fix will be included in the upcoming release which is scheduled for February.

Once the release is confirmed as successful, I will update the thread and share the necessary steps that need to be followed.

All the best,

/JeanK

@Drongo @Tech_Tuesday @cl82014 @gwenaelAL @mwidev @KChennells @Jassu @schuby @Frederik1998

Community Manager

• tomech
    tomech Posts: 3 Newbie

@JeanDanielGasse awesome thanks for your feedback. Looking forward to this update in Feb. - Best Tom

• mwidev
    mwidev Posts: 7 ✭✭

I hope this is working also on UAC Dialogs and not only on Sign-in screens 😅

• Dominooch
    Dominooch Posts: 3 ✭✭

@JeanK has this update been released? i'm finding it hard to believe that i'm paying for TeamViewer licenses without having the simple ability to paste a password in UAC.

• JeanK
    edited February 14

Hi @Dominooch,

The February release will be published by the end of the month. I'll update the thread once it's live.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Dominooch

hi @JeanK was this update ever released?

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

Hi @Dominooch,

Sorry for coming back late.

Yes, the update was released. Could you try, update to the latest version on both sides and see if it's working as expected?

Thanks in advance for your collaboration!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Dominooch

Its working! Thank you @JeanK 👍🏼😁

• JeanK

Thanks a lot for confirming the fix on your side, @Dominooch!

Community Manager

• JeanK