Can no longer view or control my android phone w/quicksupport

Answers

• No there is still no solution. This problem has been going on for years now and it says its 'solved' but it is not. I've been waiting for a solution for so long now and I don't think its ever going to happen.

• Such complete **bleep**.  I wasted hours on this before realizing there was no solution. A meaningful error during setup woukd have been nice, but the least they could do is make it clear what phones are supported and what phones are not. This company **bleep**.

• The problem is, the app is requesting "Elevated Access" which is supposed to be under the Special Access menu in settings. But the Elevated Access menu doesn't exist. The app is requesting access to something that doesn't exist.

@AlenaC wrote:

Hi @Argentino ,

thanks for your post. Welcome to the community!

Could you please tell us your OS, version and your phone modell? Did you grant access to TeamViewer under your phone settings --> special access?

Thanks in advance for your answer

Best, Alena

• You can see in these pictures that QuickSupport is trying to have "Elevated Access" granted for the app, but it does not exist as a setting. This is the reason it is not working.

Screenshot_20191118-103821.pngScreenshot_20191118-103816.pngScreenshot_20191118-103806.pngScreenshot_20191118-103744.png

• I am using a Moto Z3 Play running Android 9, September 1, 2019 security patch.

• Snaah
    Snaah Posts: 9

@Koam wrote:
    Everyone comming here for that problem, try:
    On the Android with Quicksupport installed in Android not the Teamviewer app

from the App Info Page:
    Advanced -> Battery -> Battery optimisation -> all Apps [selection is at the top] -> go to quicksupport -> don't optimise.

Alternativ, more convoluted way:
    Settings -> Apps and Notifications -> Advanced [extends more options] -> Special app access -> Battery Optimisation ->tap "not optimised" -> select "all Apps" -> scroll in the list to "Quicksupport" and tap -> select "Don't optimise"

This is on an Android One device with Android 9, other ROMs might varry.

This does not work on Moto G7+.

• Snaah

Another user with a Moto G7+ experiencing the same thing on Android 9.

@AlenaC  Why is this post marked as solved, when it isn't?

• Ivens
    Ivens Posts: 2

Another user with problems on Moto G7 on Android 9.

AlenaC  Please, reopen thispost because is not fixed yet.

• @AlenaC This problem is not solved as many people are still having this issue.  Currently there is NO solution.  When do you plan on having a fix for this issue?   My parrents just got a new Motorola Z4 running Andriod 9 and Quick Support no longer works.  It worked great on their Moto Droid 2 which was running an older version of Android.  When I try to connect to their phone it displays the message below.  When I click "OPEN SETTINGS" it looks like it is trying to open settings but just takes me back to the screen with TeamViewer ID.

Message from Android 9Message from Android 9

• Hey Alena, thank for the update!

From where I stand it looks like a limitatiom in the platform(introduced in the recent versions), not the product(TeamViewer). I can recommend 2 things to make this discussion more productive:

1) State the root cause of the problem. This would direct users to make asks to Android, rather then here.

2) Improve the app to better explain the issue, when running on unsupported versions of Android. This would greatly reduce the amount of frustrationns and time spend diagnosing for your customer base.

• Snaah

@AlenaC wrote:

Hi all,

thank you for your posts. 

As I commented earlier, as soon as this topic changes or is resolved, I/we will inform you. 

Our engineers are working on it but due to the fact that we need the collaboration of another company, it takes time. 

Please note that this post is not resolved. The accepted solution just indicates the last update and the current status.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding!

Best, Alena

Thanks for the update, @AlenaC. Patience is indeed a virtue, especially when the software is free to use. ;)

It's great to hear TeamViewer is working on the issue. I agree with what @rdev02 suggested, if possible maybe add a link to where this is discussed on Google's support forum too.

I think this issue being marked as "resolved" in the OP is what makes people confused/irritated. I suggest marking it as "Working on"; "On hold" or something similar, if that's available in the forum software. It would make people understand the actual state better.

Talking about patience, would you mind me directing you to another issue I first posted 2017-03-27 and then revised in a feature suggestion 2018-12-12? It's about adding support for international letters and no one from TeamViewer has commented so far.

• Could it help if we all, thogether, call/email/reach out to Motorola an

@AlenaC wrote:

Hi all,

As I commented earlier, as soon as this topic changes or is resolved, I/we will inform you. 

Our engineers are working on it but due to the fact that we need the collaboration of another company, it takes time. 

Please note that this post is not resolved. The accepted solution just indicates the last update and the current status.

Best, Alena

Shell we all together call/mail/reach out to Motorola and Android to make clear that their paying costumers need help? Anybody knows where to go for help in android?

• Snaah

@AlenaC wrote:

Hi all,

Best, Alena

@AlenaC I see my reply to your message has been removed. Why is that? It contained nothing that would require such an action.

As I saved a draft locally, here it is again:

Thanks for the update, @AlenaC. Patience is a virtue, especially when using a software that is free. ;)

I agree with @rdev02. The reason users are irritated is probably because the issue is marked as solved. If the forum software allows for it, a better option would be to mark it as "On hold" or "Working on". Also, a link to a thread on Google's support forum, which I assume is the company you need to work with, where the issue is being discussed would direct users of TeamViewer to where the issue should really be discussed.

Talking about patience, would you mind me directing you to another issue? It's about not being able to use international characters and hasn't received any attention from staff in one year.

• Whitedavidp
    Whitedavidp Posts: 14 ✭✭

I was testing on a friend's G7 with Android 9 and it doesn't work as described in this thread. QS seems to want a permission granted but the Moto firmware lacks the UI to make do this.

Do folks know that at least some permissions can be granted via the ADB program? See here <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16410167/how-do-i-use-adb-grant-or-adb-revoke> and elsewhere.

So I wonder if this provides the means (not so easy I understand) to get things going for those of us willing to suffer the pain? If so, we need to know from TeamViewer which specific permissions are being requested so that we can grant them using ADB.

Anyone out there know or can help ID them?

Thanks

• You can see the permission of an app by using apps like "System Info for Android" from the play store.

Unfortunately I have already tried forcing the premission to a Moto G7 plus and now G8 plus via airwatch and meraki custom settings profile with no success. But i have no tried changing the premission from ADB yet

• @AlenaC - Just an update.  I just updated TeamViewer Quick Support to version 15.1.24 QS and still having the same issue.  When installed it stated that application requestes elevated access and when pressed the phone just goes back to the homescreen (see attachement).  Also a post on Motoroloa's forum from 2019-12-18  indicates that teams are still working on the issue but there is no estimated resolution time.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z3-Play/Can-t-use-TeamVIewer-Host/m-p/4605028/highlight/true#M1947

Screenshot_20191224-125600.png

• Hello,

Still not working after one year ....please hurry up your dev team to find a agile solution.

Regards

• I'm having the same issue. Moto G6 on Android 9.

• yk44
    yk44 Posts: 2

wow same problem here on moto z4, and a year later still not resolved on andriod 9

• TigerD
    TigerD Posts: 1

Yep, just adding my gripe to the list--same problem (moto g7).

This has taken way too long! And, stating that the problem has been resolved, when it clearly hasn't been, is misleading and just plain rude!

• https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-X4/Teamviewer-QuickSupport-no-longer-works-on-my-Moto-X4/m-p/4638110#M9898 

Can someone try it via ADB? I'm missing some permissions and have no root. Was able to grant access to two only.

• JelleM94
    JelleM94 Posts: 6 ✭✭

I have a new Motorola Moto One Action (works with Android One as OS).

When I open the newly installed Host-app, I get the pop-up to open settings in order to grant the necessary permissions. However, the settings do not open when I tap on it, and so I can't grant access for remote control.

Can anyone help me with this?

• Walf
    Walf Posts: 1

@AlenaC wrote:

we need the collaboration of another company, it takes time.

I think this is only half true. I think TeamViewer are waiting for Motorola to do something they shouldn't have to. QuickSupport does not show in the list of apps under Settings > Accessibility > Downloaded Services. This is now the normal place in Android for apps to get the permissions they need to act as the user by simulating taps, gestures, etc. I think TeamViewer are relying on outdated and/or manufacturer-specific methods of controlling the device, and Motorola sees no benefit in helping one app publisher to get around updating their app to use the modern methods.

When are you going to fix the app properly?

• Letadlo
    Letadlo Posts: 1

Hi Alena.

Any update. Have you a fix for Moto G7 Power, now?

It is more and more important nowadays due to Coronavirus COVID-19!

Have a nice day.

• OlimNZ
    OlimNZ Posts: 6

I have reached out to Motorola and asked them (politely) to get in touch with TeamViewer to get this fixed. It's happening across a range of Motorola phones and Android versions, so it's far more likely to be a TeamViwer issue I think.

• OlimNZ

This was a year ago!!!!! Surely not even Motorola are that bad???

• OlimNZ

Saw this from Motorola on one of my posts:

"We had raised this previously for Z2 Force but the team here felt it was a app developer issue. We can bring it back up again. "

• ade_1
    ade_1 Posts: 2

I really don't think this thread should be marked as Solved, when its not.

I've been trying to help my mum with her Moto G6 play  She has vision problems and with Cronavirus I can't go and see her.  I'd used Teamviewer before some time ago to help her with any issues but thats stopped working, I'm assuming for the same reason here in this thread.(her phones on Android 9).  The symptom is I can connect to her phone from a PC (v15.4). It tells me she rejected the screen access but thats not true, she answered yes to the prompt.

Does that match up to this thread ?   Has anyone found an alternative to Teamviewer that works for Android ?

• Ivens
    Ivens Posts: 2

After update my Motorola One Action to Android 10 I was able to run TeamViewer Quick Support again. It seems that the problem was really caused by a missing component on previous Android version provided on Motorola devices. The fact that makes me really sad is the lack of interest from TeamViewer to simply answer this to the users! It would be helpful have something like "We can't fix this because is missing a component from Motorola".