disable the ability for users to turn Teamviewer off

All,

I have some outside slaes associates that will disable Teamviewer from turning on, on startup. Is there a way to block this? I would like Teamview to not be shut off on company assets. Thanks,

Tagged:

Comments

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,591 Moderator

Hi @AWMIT,

Thank you for posting.

There is a feature called Disable TeamViewer shutdown can be considered to use. And there are 2 methods to activate this feature:

1. through the application, TeamViewer -> Extras -> Options -> Advanced -> More -> Disable TeamViewer shutdown
    2. throught TeamViewer Management Console, TeamViewer Magenement Console -> Design and Deploy -> Policies -> Add a new policy -> search for Disable TeamViewer shutdown, then assign the policy to devices.

Alternatively, feel free to contact TeamViewer Support Team for further discussion and assistance.

Hope the feature would work in your case.

Regards

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • AWMIT
    AWMIT Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thank you so much!

• SSilviu
    SSilviu Posts: 1

"The Disable TeamViewer shutdown" feature is useless as long as a regular user can turn off teamviewer from task manager.

Is there any method that really works?

• IT_Saunders
    IT_Saunders Posts: 1

I agree, this is still not an effective solution. Also it doesn't prevent Mac users from exiting the app on the options menu of teamviewer itself!

• TooMuchCoffee
    TooMuchCoffee Posts: 1

1. through the application, TeamViewer -> Extras -> Options -> Advanced -> More -> Disable TeamViewer shutdown

Option 1 worked and can easily be implemented in image deployment. Option 2 easy to get to the setting, but not listing the groups the computers are under. Perhaps Im missing a setting someone where.

I tested option 1 on the latest version of TeamViewer under a "standard windows account" and access was denied when trying to end TeamViews in task manager,

Good enough for us at this point 😊