Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Aggravateduser5
    Aggravateduser5 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have just spent 2 hours trying to resolve this issue.  Clicking "Generate PDF" does NOTHING!  I have tried it on two separate computers, 3 different browers on every computer, checked my downloads, and NOTHING.  This unsolicitated "decision" teamviewer's algorithms made that I was commercially using when I'm clearly NOT, followed by a broken ability to even submit a request for reconsideration, followed by teamviewer providing NO avenue through customer service for getting help/support is the EPITOMY of poor design and customer service.  Although my use is 100% personal, I do work for a company that is in the middle of evaluating teamviewer and similar products, and believe me I fully intend to provide my 2 cents on how horrible this experience was and recommend against!  Maybe teamviewer just treats their free users like garbage and commercial is a different story, but I'll never know from this experience.

• gcoleman
    gcoleman Posts: 1

I've had teamviewer free for a few years and have used it occasionally to help my 78 year old dad with email, etc. A couple months ago I started working from home and use my personal computer to connect to work over a VPN. I have a commercial teamviewer license at work, for work use - but I don't use that to help my dad. That license is for work.

A few weeks ago he called and wanted help to sort his emails in a certain way. While I was connected to work through the VPN, I used my home computer to open up the home - free version to help him. Teamviewer instantly complained about commercial use (false of course - check my ID and history please). I went through the process to request a review of my ID and a reset so I could continue to help my dad on occasion. I have heard nothing back from teamviewer and I believe its going on three weeks now.

How long does the process usually take and how are you notified whether or not the reset would be done? I would hate to have to purchase a commercial license for those few times a year my dad needs help. (He lives 117 miles away). I tried to go through the reset process again, but the page tells me "Your request has already been submitted and is pending further review. Thank you for your patience as we process your request."

Thanks for the input or suggestions.

• Not working for me

• Teamviewer stopped working. Every time I try to connect to my mother's computer (PERSONAL USE!!!!) it says connection is blocked after timeout. It then sets the timer for a minute out and still does not allow to connect. I tried using latest version, prior version, all the same. This software simply DOES NOT WORK. 

fix it???

... and it thinks I am flooding the message board, so it is not even letting me post this message. GREAT!

• compbck
    compbck Posts: 10 ✭✭

Didn't understand a word of this - and appears to be not really relevant to the previous posts.

• Aggravateduser5
    Aggravateduser5 Posts: 2 ✭✭

It's still not fixed.  The "Generate PDF" button does nothing, on multiple computers and multiple browsers. And with Teamviewer not allowing free users to contact customer service (and this forum apparently being manned by frustrated users and no teamviewer staff), what is a person to do except give up and switch to other software platforms?

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @Aggravateduser5 

Thank you for your post and the heads up. ?

I will let my colleagues know that it's currently not working. Will keep you posted in this thread if there's any news on that. 

Thank you for your patience and I'm really sorry for any inconveniences caused. 

Have a great day. 
    All the best,
    Natascha?‍♀️

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• [removed per Community Guidelines]

TeamViewer has been uninstalled from all my PCs.   

• Saw your original post before TV removed it.  Thanks for the suggestion - I've been trying to find something else to use.  I will try it.

Lori

• compbck
    compbck Posts: 10 ✭✭

Best to get a cheap paid account in that case.

• gcoleman
    gcoleman Posts: 1

How long does it take for teamviewer to review a trouble ticket? I use teamviewer at home to help my dad, and also have a paid version at work for work activities. I work from home and had my VPN running when I logged into my home teamviewer to help my dad. I was instantly shut down with the commercial use warning. I submitted a ticket almost a month ago now and have not heard anything back. I tried to submit another ticket and the message says something like please be patient your request is being reviewed. Do the requests ever get reviewed or do I need to search for another remote software? I'm not buying a license to help my dad 4 times a year, and I am not using work resources for personal use.

• I really shouldn't be wasting more time writing this here, but I might as well see if there's anyone home that cares:

I found a link you put into a comment response to a license reset:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

Like a fool, I followed it and thought I could just ask for a reset. Instead, it erased my input over 10 times, I had to use two different browsers, erase cookies 25 times, RE-Log in another 25 times.... Just to see if I could try to hit a button that said,: "Saving to PDF", watched for about 90 seconds, and then a cryptic message that said ERROR --- nothing more!!

Here's the last message.... Maybe someone could post some REAL email addresses I could just use instead of form pages that are obviously broken and won't work. If not, I might take on the mission of finding anyone and everyone I can find, until someone listens:

"" Can I get my TeamViewer ID reactivated?

If you're using TeamViewer for personal use only and you have received the messages 'Commercial use suspected' or 'Commercial use detected', we're here to help you.

'error' ""

Really?? ""ERROR"" with NO explanation??

• < ----------------------------------------------> NOTE that the following could NOT be submitted, since the previous error prevented it, evidently.
    • Oh, and the message that says you can SAVE your work, log out and come back later to submit it??
    • There is NO WAY to save your work that I could find-- it simply erased it and forcefully logged you out instead.
    • Minus the two ID's I tried to submit, and my name and home address this is what I tried to submit: < ------------------ >

15th try to log in --- this time using a different browser ---  last time it was "Request for permission" on a pure black screen. before that "504 Gateway Time-out"

I was LITERALLY 10 seconds from hitting SEND, and you LOGGED ME OUT and ERASED all my work.

PLEASE just POST an EMAIL ADDRESS -- this are ridiculous hoops to jump through!

I've had about 10 errors just trying to submit this form --- I'll try once more time and then just give up. 504 errors, and the last time, it TIMED OUT and erased everything I was entering here!!!  --- The login screen goes to a BLANK screen, and most of the time, NOTHING is showing, so I have no clue what to do next on this page ---

I use this T.V. at Home -- ONLY at home, unless I am, or was, at my Mother's retirement community in St Pete --- (Which is now impossible to visit-- COVID.) --- I have these devices at home, with just my wife and myself: 2 laptops (Windows PC's) 2 phones, 2 tablets and a few TV dongles, 2 Fire TV's, 2 Roku's, and 1 Android TV. -- ALSO, OLD PCs that I still have, but are replaced -- One of which is ON, but only displaying the TIME and not logged in. -- NOTE that various OLD devices that are not turned on are most often used, just to get OLD data from them to my current devices.  

In the past five years, TV failed me when I needed it most. I couldn't make it work for more than 20 seconds -- after not using it at all in the past year. At home, 99% of the time, it is easier, faster, and quicker to use VNC. On rare occasions when I am out, I now use "Remote Utilities" 10 user license, which covers all my devices. Luckily, Remote Utilities did what I needed. FYI, your 5 minute timeout STOPS after 20 seconds now.  And, it says I can reconnect in x minutes, but then I never can--it just gives a new time, and then fails immediately, and then an new time.

Check my logs --- I haven't used TV now for years --- maybe 10 minutes at most-- total time. I promise, I won't install it on anything new. And, I won't recommend anyone try to use it, unless they erase it, lest they think it will work when it will (or might) fail when needed the most.

• utpalparikh
    utpalparikh Posts: 1

same thing happened with me

• bertbatman
    bertbatman Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited December 2020

[personal information removed]this pc number

Why did this id start to be blocked as commercial use?

I have 10 pc in my family and what is this use now?

Look how many times a year I use the connection and this is only in my PC!

To sell me for money, you first make backward compatibility of the product versions so that you don't have to run to the PC where you already see an outdated version and you can't connect to it.

• bertbatman

and what is it so stupid? Writes in 5 minutes will be disconnected, and blunt will disconnect after 30 seconds

• bertbatman
    edited December 2020

**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs** this pc number

To sell me for money, you first make backward compatibility of the product versions so that you don't have to run to the PC where you already see an outdated version and you can't connect to it.

• TeeElAche
    TeeElAche Posts: 1
    edited December 2020

Every six months I get a Commercial use detected message. I have installed another remote desktop program because I lose my remote login ability for weeks at a time. I have NEVER used Teamviewer for commercial use. I mostly use it to remote into my home network while I am away from home. What should I do??????

• TeeElAche
    TeeElAche Posts: 1

oh... and I just used the Teamviewer reset, but my only option was to select 'account management' issue. I love Teamviewer. It fits my needs perfectly, but this commercial use detected is getting old.

• bertbatman
    edited December 2020

**Please do not post TeamViewer IDs** this pc number

• TV seems to think I'm using the software commercially and locked me down.

This has happened before. If you look at my account history and communications with the company you'll see the explanation.

Can someone please fix this?

• cRiver
    cRiver Posts: 1

I too am unable to complete the request. 1st... none of the links worked. I keep getting messages that the page didn't exist. Then I found a link in someone's post to the page. BTW the actual page is not user friendly. Finally figured out what to click. Takes forever to load... and don't click to another tab in order to multi-task because it will time out.

OK after an hour and a half of trying to find the form to request a reset or request the account be reviewed... It times-out when trying to submit. All I'm trying to do is to get onto my son's laptop to help with a school project. How difficult can that be???

TEAMVIEWER used to be a really great program.

😥😢🤯

• bertbatman

If I do not indicate the id, how will you understand which account the genius is talking about? ahh?

• bertbatman
    edited December 2020

х**Please Do Not Post IDs** this pc number

• My Teamviewed say suspected commercial use. When I go through the website to fix it, it always goes to error and can't complete it.

• bertbatman
    edited December 2020

**Do Not Post TeamViewer IDs** this pc number

• need a password reset sent

• bertbatman

• whitney000
    whitney000 Posts: 0
    edited December 2020

While trying to reset my Teamviewer ID for misidentified "commercial use"

I receive an "error" while generating the PDF.

I have tried on multiple browsers from a laptop computer

Has anyone been able to resolve this? Trying to help my father

• I submitted the required PDF form last Thursday 12/3 and am still unable to connect to my parents' computers. How long does this review process usually take?

• BillS92787
    BillS92787 Posts: 0

Hello,

I use TeamViewer for free only on a few computers and not for commercial use. All of a sudden I started getting the error message: Connection blocked after time out. Please try later or upgrade your license. I can't reconnect to the PC of my family member. Any idea why this is occurring?