Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• Albrat
    Albrat Posts: 1
    edited August 2022
    Options

Yesterday.. My nephew got a new chromebook. He lives 30 miles away and asked me to take a look at installing the anti-virus remotely... I said "Sure give me 5 minutes and we'll do it through Teamviewer." I loaded up my teamviewer, updated to the newest version. AS I HAVE NOT EVEN LAUNCHED IT IN 5 MONTHS. Entered his ID and got instantly "Commercial Activity Detected" I told him to just drive over with the laptop it would be easier than using this pile of **bleep** anymore. When I want to use it.. IT never works. Now its broken when I wanted to use it...

Pointless program and to be honest... If you want to do commercial work... Just buy a copy of Win10 PRO !! it comes with a better remote desktop program built in. I am using win10 home - Which is non-commercial and therefore we need teamviewer like programs to do remote desktops... The commercial side of this program is a default in Win10 pro...

I guess I will just stop using it on my friends and family PC's. No point seeing those commercials, if the basis for using the program is not going to work.

Also I could not use this program commercially anyway... Its always **bleep** broken !! (Also I am un-employed and have no ties to anything commercially at all.)

• Wedtream524
    Wedtream524 Posts: 1
    Options

Hi. I have Free license non-commercial team viewer on my computer and when i access it on my phone it says "Commercial Use Detected..... (see attached image)". Its absolutely not commercial use. Its only for my personal computer. What should I do?

Only other thing I can think of is that a friend installed Windows Enterprise Edition. And maybe thats why?

Last time i used TV a few years ago, I didnt have a timelimit. Same computer, same download, and same app but different phone (i doubt its connected).

• SedonaRider
    SedonaRider Posts: 1
    Options

What triggers Teamviewer into thinking I am using the product professionally? I am a retired snow bird with two houses, one in Minnesota and the other in Arizona. I leave old PCs powered on at each location so I can access my Smart Home devices locally when there is a problem. Currently I have 3 devices, one PC in each location and a laptop I travel back and forth with. My usage of Teamviewer is infrequent as I do not have many problems I need to investigate. I can go several months without using it, but then maybe use it 3-5 times in one month. All usage is to support my own devices and there is no one else (a customer) involved. If I knew what was triggering this, maybe I could set up my system to avoid this situation.

• bgmiller
    bgmiller Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I keep getting kicked off my connection because Teamviewer says it detects commercial use. I am only using Teamviewer to connect to my personal home computer.

• Drifdter
    Drifdter Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

have posted two posts, filled out and signed the form but still only get five minutes ? had no response to my second post on Aug 08. Please help.

• Rick_Lenovo1
    Rick_Lenovo1 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I keep getting this error now and can no longer use the software free.

I'm a single user and typically access my main desktop from my laptop, sometime from my front porch, other times traveling.

Not sure how to address. not getting help from corporate.

thank you

• lcifuentes
    lcifuentes Posts: 1
    Options

Team Viewer, don't let me connect because they think I'm using my connection form commercial activities.

I'm particular user. I use the app to connect my smartphone, my home PC & the PC of my holidays residence.

What can I do?

• JViener
    JViener Posts: 1
    Options

I only connect my Phone to my PC for house use nothing with commercial use just to make sure the game is still running that I host for some friends every time i join it says commercial use detected and kicks me out. Not sure what to do.

• jcouch1
    jcouch1 Posts: 1
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hi,

I've been getting a commercial use detected warning along w/ getting kicked off my computer a min or two later. In the past, i've emailed support to get this resolved, but for some reason i keep getting flagged. Now, this is the closest to support that I can find. Can anyone help w/ an email or something else to get this taken care of. This is a personal use account that keeps getting flagged as commercial.

Thanks.

• TheMopixel
    TheMopixel Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hey guys I've been using teamviewer over the years just to remote my gaming pcs around the house or when I travel to turn off etc, I only ever used it to help a friend solve his english test online during covid hehe but then I wanted to use it again to manage a computer in the living room it says I need to be commercial and connect is cut short, if you look at the history I've only ever had 1 computer on there that I needed to remote usually the living room pc or gaming room pc and that one online test to the same device just watching him and telling him on the phone what the answers were, i didn't even do any clicking.. So I dunno why I'm getting this? I've been a long time user and I do intend on using this if I needed it for work but I currently and previously did not..

Many thanks,

Mopixel

• urieli
    urieli Posts: 1
    Options

Hi I'm tring to use Teamviewer and it blocking me saing that i'm not personal user

• TheMopixel
    TheMopixel Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

not sure why my discussion was brought here?

• b4u2
    b4u2 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

i was trying to use teamviewer remote before to connect to my sisters computer and it didnt work got error that i am using it for commercial use which is utter nonsense. Please help fix this issue?

• steviemar
    steviemar Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options

Why am I being flagged as a commercial user ?

• enthalpie
    enthalpie Posts: 1
    Options

i dont use for commercial !!!

i just help my friend !!

75 years old retired

give me back with my old licence i can't help

regards

• HCarvalho
    HCarvalho Posts: 1
    Options

• sh44ggy
    sh44ggy Posts: 1
    Options

Hey,

After years of using TeamViewer to support my parents and siblings machines as well as connecting between my desktop and laptops I received message on my TeamViewer app that account has been restricted due to suspected commercial use of non-licensed/free version.

Am I getting it wrong that sporadic log in into same computers to support family with no business connections is not business related activity?

I wish I could speak to app support, but it looks like they do not care about free users problems at all. They not paying customers after all...

What steps should I take to unlock or lift restrictions from the account?

Regards, Piotr.

• meburd12_bike
    meburd12_bike Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options

im using Ubuntu 22.04 with wayland but the issue is that i use it for friends and family only but it keeps timing out. I am not a commercial user. below is the screenshot what do i do?

• Penste
    Penste Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I have 4 computers I remote into to play a game due to account restrictions. I don't know what the trigger was but I would love some help to go back to free... I don't use this illegitimately and I don't use it for financial gain. Please someone help me :(

• betheciment
    betheciment Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

Hello guys!

I am using several Computers which I own. On one of those computers I had to reinstall Windows 10 which reset this computer as my preferred personal computer.

When I log into the "new" computer, Teamviewer automatically closes the session after 1 minute because it thinks I am using it commercially, which I dont do.

I already have requested this in the past but I cant retrieve it how to add it as an another personal computer.

Where Can I request it?

• MohaRam
    MohaRam Posts: 1
    Options

I had the issue and I am only using my teamviewer for study to connect to my pc in college as I needed it because I am remote and need to connect to as I am a Phd Student. Please can you reset or restore my account.

• Shelby235689741
    Shelby235689741 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hello, my team viewer was detected by you for commercial use but I did not use it for commercial use, I just went home and used the computer of the computer connection company to make a connection for general use.

• yianna
    yianna Posts: 1
    Options

Hello,

this morning I tried to connect to my personal computer at home as I do every day, but the team viewer things that I used it for commercial purposes, and the reconnects are blocked.

is it anything I can do for that?

• Scott_Carness
    Options

Hello,

I use TV for amateur astronomy. I've been using it for a few years without issue. Today I received notification that my access will be limited because my usage suggests I'm supporting another professionally. I am not, I am using it for amateur astronomy, as I always have, my usage has not changed. How can I remove the restriction?

Thank you,

Scott

• masroor
    masroor Posts: 1
    Options

Hi ,

My account has been restricted as it is saying that i am using it for commercial purpose. Which i not , i am using it for study purposes. I tried to get the support but cant get to them. Anyone can help on this.

Thank you

• julie_S
    julie_S Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

• gslatham
    gslatham Posts: 1
    Options

^ This.

Signature Block does not work on three browsers either

• xyz_fl
    xyz_fl Posts: 1
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hello, my ID is [Removed per Community Guidelines], there is a problem with the license. I'm for personal use. Please check.Thank you

• sluyt050
    sluyt050 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I use Team Viewer non commercially and today my account was blocked.

It most likely happened due to my Navigaph licence. My Navigraph Sim Link app was updating and at the same moment I got a message from Team Viewer that I was suspected of commercial use. I use Navigraph together with MSFS2020 solely for private use!

Please advice what to do now.

Edward Sluijter

Netherlands

• jonesc75
    jonesc75 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I have 5 computers at my home that i use for my hobby in armature "HAM" radio. I have been restricted due to this. How do I get this restriction removed? I am not using TeamViewer for commercial use or making money off of it. I use it to remote to my computers that are in my ham shack out back from my laptop inside sitting on the couch.

I was advised by a sales rep to submit a ticket, but i was sent here since it is a free license.