Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• pontyboy99
    pontyboy99 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I am sure this has probably been asked before, but I'm having an issue with connecting to a computer 300 miles way, I'm on the free license. I only ever connect to two computers remotely, both family members, but all of a sudden my TeamViewer tells me there is a licensing issue and appears to want me to pay.

Can someone please help? I'm not on a public computer, i'm just on my wife's computer and only use teamviewer from this computer.

It's really not worth me paying hundreds of pounds a year for a license, for the number of times i use it. It would be cheaper for me to get the train there and back.

Thank you.

• TahoeDave
    TahoeDave Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

Have free version of TV and have had so for years. Trying to remote control to Tower PC from Laptop. This message pops up, Connection not established authentication cancelled. I can connect from Tower PC to Laptop with no problem. Can also set up a TV meeting between the two devices. What am I doing wrong?

• Kthemmerling
    Kthemmerling Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

mine is doing this also!

• Dott_Fabio_Parisi
    Dott_Fabio_Parisi Posts: 1
    edited November 2022
    Options

When I connect to my computer, it shows a dialog that means I use it in the commercial environment. I just use it by myself,please help unlock my ID. My teamviewer's ID is [removed per Community Guidelines]

Thank You

• xian_
    xian_ Posts: 1
    Options

I'm having this issue, too. Can't seem to find anything online for a resolution. My mom's PC is what I connect to and she's pretty much helpless without remote help.

• 090MEast
    090MEast Posts: 1
    edited November 2022
    Options

Same problem here. Would love a solution. [removed per Community Guidelines]

• VinceG
    VinceG Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue and have attempted three times to reset and all three times I receive an email stating "we have successfully reset the teamviewer ID(s) and acknowledged I am using Teamviewer for private use only on these devices

Vincent L. Graziano

• laalbutton
    laalbutton Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options

It seems my Id or account has been locked. I cannot connect to my computer at home for non commercial use of team viewer. My Id is [removed per Community Guidelines]

My account is under the email: [removed per Community Guidelines]

please help.

• bmarcia115
    bmarcia115 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options

the 2 pc's are right next to each other both have the latest version. Both pc's get the same error message when i try to connect to the other one.

• Vidole
    Vidole Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi

i use TW for personal use

few years ago , it worked perfectly

now i cant connect

it tells me problem licence

but im private, im not professional

i use only iphone/ computer

somebody got the solution?

thanks

• Muhannad
    Muhannad Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hello,

I'm hoping someone could help me with this issue.

I'm getting this error message trying to connect:

any idea how this can be sorted?

Thanks,

• TomKriek
    TomKriek Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

How do I know I have a free account? It says so in the UI. But when I want to connect to my wife's laptop, it refuses and says there is a licensing issue. I want to use it for personal use while I am in Australia for 3 months. Basically daily. It will be my only connection. I am from South Africa.

• TomKriek
    edited November 2022
    Options

• TomKriek
    edited November 2022
    Options

I created two accounts. One for me and one for Elize, my wife. Both say free account.

• TomKriek
    Options

I think it is a bit unfair giving me a warning. How was I supposed to know this is because I am suspected of commercial use? But in any case, thank you, I completed the request and send it in.

• NateFoster00
    Options

I am running into this same issue and I have checked all of the steps above and still have the same "connection blocked" error

• TahoeDave
    TahoeDave Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

Installed TV on my Samsung smart phone. Even it cannot connect to my Tower PC.

• Behnamlaw
    Behnamlaw Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I'm having same problem to connect to my office

Any solution?

• Behnamlaw
    Behnamlaw Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi

I cant access my office computer- it said connection cannot be established due to licensing problem

any solution?

Saman

• turbosquid
    turbosquid Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options

I have same issue, every single computer in my partner list (which are all my family members pc's)

I have submitted tickets, emails etc.. just to be ignored.. been this way for months

• Euchre_Dad
    Euchre_Dad Posts: 1
    Options

I am having the exact same issue. I have been connecting to my brother's laptop for several years and now I'm unable to. I walked him through updating his TeamViewer (which took a while, he's not computer savvy) and I updated mine, but the same result. I'm getting the exact same error message as SherrieDB

We are using the free version for non-commercial use.

I'm hoping there's a solution soon since my brother is hours away.

• TomKriek
    Options

Thank you, I have been reset and it is working now.😘

• dan_marvin
    dan_marvin Posts: 1
    Options

Same problem... elderly (91 year old) needs help, but dumb teamviewer reports the same licensing problem everyone else is getting. I've driven an hour to her home with my laptop and have uninstalled and reinstalled but still has same licensing problem.

is nobody on duty respond to these issues?

• ChuckL
    ChuckL Posts: 1
    Options

It is a private use free account. Software is latest. I can connect to other computers on my list but not a specific one and I cannot connect from that computer to others. Just that 1 computer. I have 9 computer on my computer list.

• Kwake
    Kwake Posts: 1
    Options

I'm having the same problem. Is there a solution?

• dfulton808
    dfulton808 Posts: 1
    Options

Following for answers, so frustrated!!!

• kibi
    kibi Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hello, I just found this, maybe it will help you :

I'm in the same situation and I just filled the form, it's very quick ;)

• Vishy_Karri
    Vishy_Karri Posts: 1
    Options

I have two MacBooks (Air and 15 inch) - I cannot connect my air to other Mac. It says there needs to be a license on free account personal use. Can anyone help

• Yoewster
    Yoewster Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I am unable to connect to my PC and get the two messages (both attached). The first one tells me that “connecting to this device requires a valid TeamViewer license for me or the connecting partner. I have never had problems before. The next message asks gives me an offer to upgrade to a Business Plan

Anyone who knows what has happened? Please help. 😀

• dolencd
    dolencd Posts: 1
    Options

I'm having problems connecting to my iMac from anywhere and from whatever device. This is the only computer I have Team Viewer signed in and it has a free licence. I can't connect to it. I've tried to connect from Windows, iOS, OSX .... Nothing.

Every time I try to connect It says I don't have a valid licence. The Team Viewer on that sait iMac works just fine, I can connect to computers, it just won't allow anyone to connect to it.

I've tried:

• updating the iMac client,
    • updating other computers that tried connecting to it.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Thank you!