Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• First and foremost, I extend my sincere gratitude to TeamViewer for providing access to this exceptional software program. I have been utilizing TeamViewer for several years and I very much appreciate the use of this program. I'm now a senior citizen with disabilities, I assist a few elderly friends with their computer-related needs from time to time. Having the availability of this application for personal, private use has been wonderful.

Several years ago, I encountered commercial use messages and constant lockouts. At that time, I successfully opened a ticket, and the support team promptly resolved the issue. For several years thereafter, I experienced no problems until recently. I am now encountering timeouts, despite using the program only once a month or so.

The original ticket number was Ticket ID: 4279033. I'm not exactly sure how to reach TeamViewer support any more. I am hopeful someone can assistance me or direct me how to get assistance?

• My personal account its restricted due to the program thinking im a buisness when in reality I am a guy who controls his other computer. I went to the reset page and attempted to follow the form and no luck, the part where you paste your teamviewer ID said my ID was invalid... but its the teamviewer ID I was supplied with by you guys.. so I dont really understand that. So therefore I cant reset it that way, so next I attempted to create a support ticket. Whos bright idea was to lock support tickets as a paid service? Since the route provided doesnt work.. at all.. i will most likely just create a new account. Years of uninterrupted usage, then randomly it locks me, with the same usage patterns..... weird program

• can anyone help me, i use TeamViewer fee but run only and no commercial use still i get error block in 1-2 sec .....can any guide how to fix my TeamViewer. & new version always ask sing into connection ..

• i use most time run free version but its always block my all session.

• I have been using Team Viewer since it was first released, I use it to give support to my parents who are elderly when they have a problem with their IT

Usage is about once or twice a month, however this afternoon I had a popup saying I have used this more than needed for a free session and I need to upgrade to a package, I was then after 5mins unceremoniously kicked out of the session

can someone tell me why this happened, I cannot see why I need to pay for this product when it is only used twice a month and as stated its free

• happens same thing with me!

and has anyone to talk to explain

• same also looking

• Good day,

I use teamviewer for our Garden Association to provide support where necessary. This has nothing to do with anything business related, but as a secretary I have the most experience with computers. At our association everything is unpaid and on a voluntary basis. So I think I can use the personal free license. We try to keep the costs for the association as low as possible.

If you have a different opinion, please let me know so that we can look for another solution.

Theo Pepermans Secretary

Garden Association Zestienhoven Rotterdam.

• wlkofdoom
    wlkofdoom Posts: 2
    edited December 2023

so teamviewer flaged me and said i need a Professional license. the thing is i dont use it Professionaly i just use it to log in to my computer that runs my tv in the living room. how to i go about correcting this error?

• gpaladin
    gpaladin Posts: 3
    edited December 2023

I so rarely use Teamviewer that I have to check if it is installed on my computer at all when I do... Today I tried to set it up for my Rasp Pi and I did. When I turned on teamviewer on my laptop I got this message that I have to purchase it.

• Same here!

• novi4ok123
    novi4ok123 Posts: 2
    edited December 2023

Hello!

I have using TeamViewer as possibility to connect to only my personal laptops, so I choose free licence type, and some time it was worked perfectly, but from today I had time limitation (5 minutes) if I'm connecting to my computer via TeamViewer....

So how I can disable this time limitation without buying a licence? because I only have 6-7 devices to which I connect on all time, so free plan without time limit was okay for long time, but now it is what it is...

Can you please help me with this question?

P.S TV account registered on this e-mail: [removed per Community Guidelines]

Thanks for response!

• I'm having the same issue. Just started receiving the commercial use suspected notification again. Went to fill out the form but says I already filled out the form. I filled it out back in October of 2023. Received an email that my license was reset. The message went away until a couple days ago. I am connecting to the same computers I always do (the monitor-less ones in my closet and my parents when they have computer problems). Any assistance would be appreciated.

• Antoine_Vuong
    Antoine_Vuong Posts: 5
    edited January 17

Hello,

I'm using Teamviewer for personal purpose since a long time. From time to time, all my IDs are rejected causing session disconnection. On last 2 days, I have submitted a request to reset management for my Ids [removed per Community Guidelines]. I have received 2 emails with description 'Your TeamViewer ID(s) has/have been reset successfully TV:[removed per Community Guidelines]' and 'Your TeamViewer ID(s) has/have been reset successfully TV:[removed per Community Guidelines]'.

I don't know if TV:[removed per Community Guidelines]and TV:[removed per Community Guidelines] are a reference to an ID or to a ticket number. In any case, I still get the problem. I submit the request again and I receive today the same subject as above with TV:[removed per Community Guidelines] and TV:[removed per Community Guidelines].

Can you tell me if this is OK ? Is the answer provided by an automated process or by someone ?

Is the number behind 'TV:' an ID or a ticket number?

Thanks and regards,

Antoine Vuong

• I also have been flagged. I filled out form not realizing I needed to add all id's. Unable to get to reset form since I already filled one out. I help my 82 year old mother in law and access other computers on my home network this saves me from having to drive to her house to fix a small computer issue.

I am looking for a better alternative. I am willing to pay a reasonable price just not 50 dollars a month. Suggestions please.

• Greetings,

I have already asked for the reset twice, I get the email that they have done it but it still doesn't work for me. I am told that I am using TV for commercial purposes and it blocks me. But that's not true, I use it (also) to connect to a company notebook (provided to me by my company) but I don't do it for business purposes but for personal purposes. Now I have asked for the third reset trying to explain the situation better but I doubt they can help me at this point. Please do any of you have any helpful suggestions for me?

Thank you

• edmax
    edmax Posts: 1

I have been using teamviewer for years to remotely manage my own personal use computers (and I admittedly have quite a few...maybe between 8 and 10 at any given time). I also provide Tech Support for various relatives' personal use computers from time to time and therefore use Teamviewer to remotely access their systems.

Today I was using Teamviewer to do some maintenance on my Plex server and I got a notification that "Commercial Use" had been detected and my access was limited to 5 minutes. This is absolutely wrong as I have NEVER used teamviewer for any commercial purpose.

Is there any way to resolve this problem?

• I am on the same boat and would like to know the answer as well.

• What is going on with TV? I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, but to no avail. And if you call in to speak with someone they cannot help. I have used the free version and shared it with a lot of my friends and family, and I am the go to gal who they always call to help them, and now I am finding TV impossible to use. What is going on???

• i used teamviewer to connect to another computer of mine, always that one, no commercial use. recently the system tells me that commercial use of the product has been detected and after 5 minutes it disconnects me, what should i do?

• Why I cannot use the free version

• Hello and thanks for your help. I use teamviewer to help my father. he is 79 and living alone, far from me. today the sotware does not want to work any more, since it detected I am using it for commercial purposes. it is not true. how can I make the software understand the use is not commercial and make it work again? I remember I had such an issue years ago, and I had to fill a form or send an email and immediately had green light again. any suggestion? many thanks. how will I be informed if someone answers to my question?

• Geek1
    Geek1 Posts: 1

Same as others. I use this to connect to my 80 year old parents' computers to help them - and to connect to my own computer over at our woodshop. Nothing commercial about that.

Hopefully, they are going to fix this!

• Same here. I only use it to grab songs and control my home PC when I'm at work or traveling. I'm not supporting anyone. How do we have this fixed? I may look fo alternatives.

• Wendy_Mars
    Wendy_Mars Posts: 1
    edited December 2023

I use TV to control various computers around my house, especially my 3D printer which has flagged my account as commercial use (it isn't).I try to buy the $50/month liscense, but it shows over [removed per Community Guidelines] due.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• I have filled in the form several times, but can't generate the .pdf and submit it. Help!

Thank you,

Just_Jan08530

• Hi Everyone,

I have been an avid user of TeamViewer for years and use it to support myriad of computers and laptops in my home (Five of us in the house each with a personal PC and Laptop) all within the same subnet.

I also support my mother remotely when able if she has any computer issues.

From time to time, I get flagged for commercial use. Sometimes it's due to version differences (due to some of the computers not having Teamview upgraded).

However in this case, I'm wondering if either of the two could be a factor:

1) Some of the computers are using VPNs for Entertainment and streaming purposes; so would me connecting to them cause issues? Even though the connection would go through my home router subnet prior to hitting their computers?

2) Would me using public wifi as a source cause me to look like I am using it for commercial purposes?

However, I just want to get an idea out there what could be getting me flagged.

Thanks for all your help!

Wayne

• Is there a way to convince Teamviewer otherwise?

I occasionally help one friend with problems with his PC and sometimes his laptop. Also rarely help one other friend. It looks like I cannot call anyone at teamviewer regarding this because they only take calls if you own a license.

Any ideas???

• antolepore
    antolepore Posts: 2
    edited December 2023

Unfortunately we will have to limit your use because the template has been used to provide professional assistance

Greetings,

I got this error

Unfortunately we will have to limit your use because the template has been used to provide professional assistance

But I only use it to connect my devices.

You can remove this block if you like.

---

Purtroppo dovremo limitare il tuo utilizzo perchè il modello è stato utilizzato per fornire assistenza professionale

Salve,

mi è apparso questo errore 

Purtroppo dovremo limitare il tuo utilizzo perchè il modello è stato utilizzato per fornire assistenza professionale

Ma io lo uso solo per collegare miei dispositivi.

Potete togliere questo blocco perpiacere.

• i got a warning for this comment.... just gunna make a new account, werido TV