Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• remyffs
    remyffs Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

yeah they only support individuals if you pay them, unfortunately they dont have the resources to deal with plebs like us.

• Paulf149
    Paulf149 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

I have a possible solution. I will let you all know if it works. Create a new account then go to reset page and submit ALL Repeat ALL user id's. The commercial use detected is connected to user id's not accounts, I hope. I tried it and I am awaiting a reset. I will keep you posted. Once reset your old account should work.

• hibocen
    hibocen Posts: 1
    edited December 2023
    Options

TeamViewer forces me to pay for subscription stating in the pop-up window when I start TeamViewer that I am "supporting others professionally" which is not true. I have 2 laptops and 1 PC and use the program to expand my workspace and transfer files remotely. How can I communicate with the Support team and ask them to review my case and let me continue to use free license without time limitations for my daily routine?

I would appreciate any help by the Community to resolve my issue. Thank you.

• stevenice66
    stevenice66 Posts: 1
    Options
    Good morning
    teamviwer you write to me that I am using the free version for commercial purposes after I used the smartphone as an internet hot spot for problems at home.
    I connect with my mother every now and then.
    What can I do ?
    Thank you

• Paulf149
    Options

Less than 12 hours later I am back up and running. It appears that when they initiate a reset they need to clear the web page so it can be used again. Just remember to put all user id's in the uploaded form. Let me know if it worked for you.

• mavman117
    mavman117 Posts: 1
    Options

I recently was using my phone to access my computer from a different part of my home and upon connecting I was informed that "Commercial use was detected" so my question is how do I get this fixed?

I have only connected to a couple friends computers (last one over a year ago) when they needed help and didn't understand the instructions I was telling them or we were working on something together like artwork. I would say 99% of my connections have been to my own computers either from my own network, or using my phone to access my computers while I am at work.

Am I just being targeted since I have been using Teamviewer for the last decade and a half for personal use and now they want my money? If so I will need to find an alternative because I cannot afford to spend 5 hours of pay a month when I was only permitted to work 8 hours this week.....

• Mrjoet79
    Mrjoet79 Posts: 1
    Options

Hello,

I use to connect my computers to work home. I have received a message to upgrade the license since has been considere a business use, but it's not true.

How can i solve this problem?

• Seal8
    Seal8 Posts: 1
    Options

I keep getting timed out and getting notified that I'm a commercial user. I am an 80 yr old retired VET and I am helping my GF who is in assisted living with keeping her computer updated and and virus free. I do not charge her and have been doing this for many years. (15 yrs).

This happend a number of years ago and was able to get this corrected. Don't remember how or who I contacted.

Can I get some help with this?

Thx in advance!

• SDot
    SDot Posts: 1
    Options

I've used teamviewer for accessing my home computers remotely the last few years now and as of today I am only able to connect for 5 minutes at a time. This comes after the second time of being locked out for suspected pro use. I received an email that stated this was corrected and normal use was restored. Each time it times out I have to wait 1-2 minutes then I can reconnect for 5 minutes again. Is there something that has changed or that can be fixed?

• Bahtyoun
    Bahtyoun Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

I just tried to connect to a "Control Remote Computer" session where my wife is sitting at her deceased step-father's computer in another state, and Teamviewer cut me off after a few minutes and now tells me that I need to get a business license because my activity looks like business.

• montrealuser
    montrealuser Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Options

I tried your suggestion to create a new account. To do so, I had to provide a different email address than the one that I used with my original account. I had to create a new password of random characters, otherwise it claimed my password was too weak. TeamViewer wanted to send me an email so that I could activate the new account, but I never got the email. I requested a resend, but it didn't arrive. Finally I accepted the option to continue without activation. This allowed me to use the reset tool webpage which asked me for my new account and password and then allowed me to fill in the form to request a reset. After I submitted my form, I was able to download the PDF copy of it. Usually it takes a few days for TeamViewer to process the reset request and send back a confirmation email.

• montrealuser
    Options

GMAIL put the email(s) from TeamViewer to activate my new account in the TRASH folder instead of in the INBOX or SPAM folder. Once I found the misplaced email, I was able to click on the link and the activation of my new account completed successfully.

• PeterLesnik
    PeterLesnik Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I just switched to **Third Party Product**. So goodbye. I have recomended teamviewer to a lot of people. But not anymore.

• dieserpascal
    Options

As already described in the headline, TeamViewer suspects commercial use of TeamViewer.

I have installed TeamViewer on a company computer to be able to access my PC at home, but not for commercial purposes. Is there a way to undo this without having to pay for it as a private person?

• 5k_
    5k_ Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

When I had to use Team Viewer's free version, I was made aware that there are indications that I used the free version commercially. This is not correct as I only use team viewer to help my sister  :-) k5_

• 5k_
    5k_ Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

When I had to use Team Viewer's free version, I was made aware that there are indications that I used the free version commercially. This is not correct as I only use team viewer to help my sister who is not capable in quite a few things on PC. My sister resides 4 hours journey from me. Although she is exempt from receiving digital mail from the public sector, there are still many things she as a citizen has to do digitally and I help her with ordinary PC things.

I hope that this objection will lead to you giving us access to Team Viewer's free program again. I have always enjoyed this opportunity to help my sister. We use Team Viewer and a mobile to do these things. Sincerely

Klaus  

• montrealuser
    Options

After successfully creating and submitting a request for reset last night, this morning I received 2 confirmation emails from TeamViewer, I assume one email for each of the 2 ID's that I declared on the form. When I connected today to my home PC from my iPad, the connection was dropped after 1 minute (I just let the PC and iPad idle with no activity). When I connected again, I used the iPad to do activity on the PC and the connection was dropped after 3 minutes. My session timing out is a problem that never happened before December 9, 2023 and a reset does not stop the time out.

I imagine that there are combinations of the following 3 situations in which TeamViewer users with free licences can find themselves in:

1) their connections are totally blocked

2) they get a commercial use suspected warning message at the start of the session

3) their connection is not blocked but their session times out after 3 minutes (with or without activity)

Requesting a reset may not remedy all of these encumbrances.

• montrealuser
    Options

I decided to sign out of TeamViewer on both my home PC and also on my iPad and sign back in on each device using the new account and password that I needed to create in order to get the reset form to work. My connection has now been running for 18 minutes and has yet to time out, for the first time sine December 9, 2023..

Did I succeed because I signed both my devices out of my old account or because I signed both devices into my new account?

When TeamViewer flags an ID(s) as being suspected for commercial use, does it also remember the account numbers associated with the sessions running on the host device and on the remote device?

• AZMoosie
    AZMoosie Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Options

To my knowledge, Teamviewer staff will not reset your account just because you post here. You must submit a request, as I previously posted, and repeat below:

Teamviewer Reactivation Procedure 12-09-23

Thank you for using the free version of TeamViewer and contacting us.

As TeamViewer is used worldwide, we try to assist all our customers as fast and as efficiently as possible. At the moment, support for the free version of TeamViewer is offered via our community: ***/    [Teamviewer.com/]

Help is provided in English.

In case you are getting the commercial use suspect message please be aware that from now on all the commercial use suspect cases will be managed by a standard form and not via tickets, please fill out this form in this link: ***/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/ and you request will be handle as soon as possible.

The full link is as follows...

https://Teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

or

www.Teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

• jc259
    jc259 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

FYI the suspected commercial use reset form is working again.

I was able to submit a new one today without the issue where is was showing a previous form I had submitted months ago.

• Paulf149
    Options

You will need a new email for reset. It worked for me. Once done your old account will work. Like I said we all were most likely thinking it was done by account Emails but this is not the case. It is done by user ID's. The problem is that when the reset is done they need to reset the account webpage in order to do another reset. It is not a Team Viewer program issue it is a webpage reset issue. I hope I helped some of you but I am up and running. I need this to help my family. I appreciate what this program does to help me with minor computer issues for my elderly mother in law and family members that are not to computer literate. I think they will get this fixed soon but at least we have a work around.

• MsTS
    MsTS Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options

It cannot be this difficult to have a simple connection after having reset TWICE....so, what are my other options at this point because I keep timing out and if I do make a connection, its only for 1 minute (literally) before it disconnect.

Insight on this issue is appreciated as I have had issues over a week now. Thanks

• darioMasiero
    Options

This is not true. I connet to my wife pc when I am out for work. Some one of the teamviewer team can stop this? Can you help me? Thankyou

• Oshida
    Oshida Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

For unknown reason my account got flagged as a "professional use", and now i cannot use remote control for more than 1 minute per day

I can't make a support ticket because i do not have a license as my account was a "free personal usage" one

• 5ifty6ix
    5ifty6ix Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

I am using TeamViewer for long time (almost 6 months). Recently I was getting a popup message, that was telling me, I am using TeamViewer for business purposes. But I was using TeamViewer for my personal purposes. Today I was trying to connect with my device, but it wasn't connecting. I don't know is that related to that popup message or not, but I think I should mention it.

3 devices is connected with my account. 2 mobiles & 1 PC. All devices are connected with Wi-Fi. I tried sim network, but still I can't connect with my another device.

Hope anyone will help me.

• 5ifty6ix
    5ifty6ix Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I am using TeamViewer for long time (almost 6 months). Recently I was getting a popup message, that was telling me, I am using TeamViewer for business purposes. But I was using TeamViewer for my personal purposes. Today I was trying to connect with my device, but it wasn't connecting. I don't know is that related to that popup message or not, but I think I should mention it.

3 devices is connected with my account. 2 mobiles & 1 PC. All devices are connected with Wi-Fi. I tried sim network, but still I can't connect with my another device.

Hope anyone will help me.

• pathfindermom
    pathfindermom Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

i have tried 2 different browers to reactivated my id. it deactivated for me helping family out of state. when i click the button at the end of the form nothing happens. have tried chrome and firefox

• robertschroeck
    robertschroeck Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

looks like teamviewer is on a get everyone to purchase teamviewer drive I am having the same issues the reset thing goes in circles so far it has been 30 days from 11-15-23

• robertschroeck
    edited December 2023
    Options

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• robertschroeck
    edited December 2023
    Options

phone number is noy in service aldso[removed per Community Guidelines] but no email address there as requested from answer machine or tie in answer machine