Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• Dulcisvolintarious
    Dulcisvolintarious Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 25
    Options

I am getting ******* tired of this, ive used teamviewer for admin of my families devices for well over 8 years, ive never had this problem before. i Do IT work and use professional [Third-party product] at work for my work in IT; teamviewer has ALWAY been a free and personal use only account, now no matter what, every 2-3 weeks, i get a ******* notification saying its detected commercial use and disconnects me, then wont let me do **** anything, at all, what worse is now i cant even contact support; i submitted their **bleep** form saying what devices i connect to fo family, i submitted it and explained its used for family devices i administrate, worked fine for a few months, now even after submitting ANOTHER request for use? its doing it again and still; with no resolution. im seriously at the point where my use of this software has only become a frustration; i dont trust that ther professional software would be any better; no contact with any support at all ever without paying for a professional license means us free users cant even report bugs, where strongarmed into buying it or going to an alternate service. is this just what teamviewer is about now? just trying to chase off all free users and lock it down so as to make more money with a software that auto detects professional use every time you accidentally drop a pen? is there literally any way around this or do i now have to uninstall the software from all the families devices and go to another service? i am not going to refill out another **** form every ***** time i have to add another **** device to our network, at the least, your UI and security team could made it so when i add a device to my account it sends a request you have to accept that makes it part of my device list, no **** popup a dishonest message claiming commercial use, then says it will disconnect me in 5 mins, when it ***** disconnects me in 30 seconds. this is at the lowest; unacceptable.

• Keegee_51
    Keegee_51 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

When I am remote with my church's computer, to set up a song list. While I am on for under one minute I will get booted out with a prompt saying "Your session has timed out"

• phillapo
    phillapo Posts: 1
    edited March 25
    Options

Hi there, 

I have been using TeamViewer for a few years now without any issue, but the system now blocks me out after a few minutes since I updated to the new version. I am an individual, not a company and so expected to continue using the system with the free "personal use" license, but it's nt allowing me to do so.

I basically use it to connect to my desktop from a distance to work on files from a simple laptop when at my cottage, so only 2 computers talking to each other.

Can you please help? do I need to uninstall and reinstall? anything please..

Thank you,

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• Ccdrogan
    Ccdrogan Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Hello,

I have tried twice now to get my free use reset for commercial use suspected. Each time I submit the form, upload and print the pdf but I don't get any confirmation or resolution from team viewer. I am not using this for commercial use, I am using it to help my brother who is states away in a nursing home as a quadriplegic. I am his only technical support as the nursing staff refuse to touch his computer for liability reason. Please can I get someone to look into this issue.

• wayjen
    wayjen Posts: 1
    Options

me too, it lets me remote for less than five minutes.

• Ryabca
    Ryabca Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

I have been using Team Viewer for many years for the odd session.

I only connect to about 4 computers.

I do not consider this to be a commercial use of the software.

Now it kicks me out all the time and I can't re-connect.

Could you tell me why and how I overcome this problem.

I am signed in every time I use the software.

• Outaluck
    Outaluck Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

How do you make a request, its flagged me as commercial as well.

• mac_man2008
    mac_man2008 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 25
    Options

Hi to all.

Actually, I can't even remember the last time I used Teamviewer [surely at least 10 months ago!] before today when I got a message telling it seems I'm possibly using Teamviever for commercial use - consider that today is Sunday!!!

I've tried twice to start a session which closed each after few minutes.

I've tried to setup something in my Teamviewer account webpage, but nothing there made me feel I could set/change something to confirm the non-commercial use of mine.

What should I do?

Using 15.51.5 version for Linux on my Ubuntu Mint 23.10 - Codename Mantic

6.5.0-26-generic #26-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Tue Mar 5 21:19:28 UTC 2024 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks.

Regards.

PD: I didn't post this in the "Only Linux" section of the forum supposing it's not Linux related.

• DaLH
    DaLH Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 25
    Options

Good afternoon, I use this program only, without exception, to monitor my computer from my phone... but not for commercial purposes. The problem is that on the phone it says “it has been detected that you are using this program for commercial purposes” and this is only on the phone but not on the computer. Please help. Or I didn't understand something. Thank you in advance

• gabecker
    gabecker Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I too am getting this error message

This is a form I filled out 1 year ago!

"Thank you, your request was submitted successfully. Please download the generated PDF for your records. Download PDF."

THIS IS CLEARLY A TEAMVIEWER SERVER ISSUE

WHY DOESN'T TEAMVIEWER FIX THIS OR RESPOND TO THE ISSUE THAT ALL OF US ARE HAVING?

Glenn

• flyersman17
    flyersman17 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I suddenly am getting messages that TeamViewer has detected commercial usage. I have used this program for many years now to remotely connect to my PC while I'm away and to troubleshoot PC issues for various family members (though that is a pretty rare occasions). As such, I get a warning message that my connection time is limited to 5 minutes, and then 30 seconds later it cuts the connection and won't let me reconnect. I am NOT using this in any commercial format. How can I get this flag removed from my account?

PS - the idea that only paid customers can submit a support ticket is ridiculous. I understand a "preferred" queue for the paid customers, but you this practice is going to turn away potential customers and I am already comparing alternative screen-share solutions.

• xorxfon
    xorxfon Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

New and "improved" eh? I only use your service when I am not at home to use my home pc and every session the past week i get cut off saying corporate use detected. I used to contact support with both device numbers and the issue was always resolved Now I cannot even submit a ticket and it sends me here. I'm going to start exploring other options for remoting if I keep getting these messages. I am one person and i use teamviewer occasionally at best and every other month I have to deal with this. @flyersman17 they seem a joke.

• MCCHome
    MCCHome Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Good morning,

I am asking you because I have a problem with Teamviewer. Each time I connect to a remote computer, I have a disconnection after one minute.

This is very disturbing because I can no longer help my 80-year-old sisters who are 500km from my home.

Can you explain to me why this blockage with a free personal account? How can I no longer have this blockage?

This limitation is not specified in the general conditions, which in fact would not allow the use of Teamviewer at all. If no solution is found, I will have to change tools to continue this remote help for free.

Thank you in advance for your help and understanding.

• scrat
    scrat Posts: 1
    edited March 25
    Options

How do I connect the support with a free license to ask about fales claims of "commercial use"?

At least if they state that the use is commercial, there this kind of support question should be possible and allowed.

• Achéron8
    Achéron8 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

hello?

• Araemo
    Araemo Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 25
    Options

I am using teamviewer's basic access to remote control my family's computers when they need help, so I don't need to drive to their house to help them. There's less than 10 total computers in my account, and I do not use teamviewer in a business context at all. But it seems that my sessions are being limited to a few minutes only, and won't let me reconnect when they end. Teamviewer's website claims it is free for personal use, and does not mention these limitations.

Is there any way to get back the old free access, or is all free access limited to these short sessions now?

• CoolHandLouis
    CoolHandLouis Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Is there anything I can do? I've never once used this tool for commercial use. It's utterly indispensable to help them, both aging non-technical women.

• Poohy14
    Poohy14 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I feel that, I'm getting the same thing and its just only me connecting to my server at home and to my mothers computer to fix her issues all the time

• CoolHandLouis
    CoolHandLouis Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Hey @Poohy14, I found a way to reset, here! https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/5265-commercial-use-suspected

However, there's some caveats about connecting to a windows server, read carefully. I think you have to include all potential connections from and to.

• arevalosoft
    arevalosoft Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Suddenly, it just happened to me. I have three PCs and TeamViewer thinks I'm a corporation... how?

• Dichotomy
    Dichotomy Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

I'm connecting from one PC to another in my home. Why do I keep seeing this? This seems to happen about once a year. Is there any way to fix this permanently? I am a private user.

• Dichotomy
    Dichotomy Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

I'm now getting out of bed to go to my basement to log into my media server since Teamviewer has decided I'm a commercial user...again...and that I need to have my connection blocked for an hour. Sheesh!

• risert
    risert Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

My family has only 2 pc. I use teamviever to remote them from my phone and not very often. Now my sessions are short. They ask to upgrade plan. How to solve this problem? Or is any atlernative to teamviever?

• MSed
    MSed Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 25
    Options

I provide free Windows technical help to family members using the TeamViewer free license. I have used it several times before without problem.   Today, for the first time I received the message "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration…” when trying to connect to a family member that I have successfully connected to before. I had the person reinstall TeamViewer to their desktop with the same result. I tested the connection to a different family member and was successful. How do I get around this problem so I can continue to help others. Thank you.

• Joinn1710
    Joinn1710 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I've got the same problem

• Joinn1710
    Joinn1710 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 25
    Options

My account got tagged for commercial use, and since I don't have a paid account, there is of course no way to contact support. What a joke.

• System
    System Posts: 464 ✭✭
    edited March 25
    Options

• TeamG
    TeamG Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I have the same problem. Tried FireFox and Edge browsers in case they were the trouble.

I use Team Viewer extremely rarely to help an elderly family member with her computer. Today TeamViewer says it detected commercial use.

I filled in the reactivate form, but the final button to create and submit PDF does nothing.

• GHolyoake
    GHolyoake Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I am yet another user suffering exactly the same problem described by so many people here. This isn't the first time I've had my usage incorrectly flagged as commercial, but like many other users are describing I cannot resubmit a new form and only see the message about being able to download a copy of the last form I submitted back in October 2023.

It seems like Teamviewer are trying to make it as difficult as possible to use their software as a free private user, which is entirely their right to do, but it would be nice if they would just be honest about it and stop trying to push the message that they are happy for private users to use the software for free in a non-commercial way.

• MadBat
    MadBat Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 25
    Options

I agree with this person. There's obvious intent to force as many free users as possible to move to a subscription and generate income from our frustrations.

I submitted a form a year ago which unlocked the blocking till about 2 weeks ago. My usage hasn't changed at all over the last year and resubmitting the form isn't possible for the same reason as given by many users above. I don't have the original mail anymore as this was a solved issue of a year ago. So I don't know how to reply that ticket number saying it's a false positive again (if that was at all possible).

Now I have a 72 yr old dad living 1000km away from me with no one else to depend on for his pc support and I'm locked out of the managed system I set up years ago.

It's appalling and while it's TeamViewer's right to push users to expensive subscriptions, they at least should be honest about it and remove all the messages about wanting to keep the Free version going for home users. At this point, it's just dishonesty and fake pretense!