Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Joinn1710
    Joinn1710 Posts: 2
    edited March 25

My account got tagged for commercial use, and since I don't have a paid account, there is of course no way to contact support. What a joke.

• System
    System Posts: 534
    edited March 25

• TeamG
    TeamG Posts: 1

I have the same problem. Tried FireFox and Edge browsers in case they were the trouble.

I use Team Viewer extremely rarely to help an elderly family member with her computer. Today TeamViewer says it detected commercial use.

I filled in the reactivate form, but the final button to create and submit PDF does nothing.

• GHolyoake
    GHolyoake Posts: 1

I am yet another user suffering exactly the same problem described by so many people here. This isn't the first time I've had my usage incorrectly flagged as commercial, but like many other users are describing I cannot resubmit a new form and only see the message about being able to download a copy of the last form I submitted back in October 2023.

It seems like Teamviewer are trying to make it as difficult as possible to use their software as a free private user, which is entirely their right to do, but it would be nice if they would just be honest about it and stop trying to push the message that they are happy for private users to use the software for free in a non-commercial way.

• MadBat
    MadBat Posts: 1
    edited March 25

I agree with this person. There's obvious intent to force as many free users as possible to move to a subscription and generate income from our frustrations.

I submitted a form a year ago which unlocked the blocking till about 2 weeks ago. My usage hasn't changed at all over the last year and resubmitting the form isn't possible for the same reason as given by many users above. I don't have the original mail anymore as this was a solved issue of a year ago. So I don't know how to reply that ticket number saying it's a false positive again (if that was at all possible).

Now I have a 72 yr old dad living 1000km away from me with no one else to depend on for his pc support and I'm locked out of the managed system I set up years ago.

It's appalling and while it's TeamViewer's right to push users to expensive subscriptions, they at least should be honest about it and remove all the messages about wanting to keep the Free version going for home users. At this point, it's just dishonesty and fake pretense!

• I am being timed out after about a minute of use.

I use the free version of TeamViewer.

• GK5connect
    GK5connect Posts: 3
    edited March 25

I only use Teamviewer at home on the same network. Since a few ays I get the message that I need to upgrade because I am a professional user.

This is totally wrong.

Please let me know how I can resolve this. Thanks.

• tacleman
    tacleman Posts: 2

Hello,

I have made the reseting of my account so that i am not accused of commercial use anymore but still get disconected after a minute on my phone. How could i solve that? note that everything works perfectly on my computer.

thanks in advance

• ftbaker
    ftbaker Posts: 4

...but the form requesting to get back to free will not work. It accepts the id of only one computer and will not let me draw the required signature. I run win 11 on a MS surface.

• GarethJ
    GarethJ Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm a free user - non-commercial - and use TeamViewer less than once/month. Recently I've been getting kicked off after connecting with someone after about 5-10minutes and told that I'm using TeamViewer in a commercial sense.

Can anyone explain why this is happening? I've never had this issue in all the years I've used TeamViewer. Also, how can I get it to stop?

Cheers.

• artioni
    artioni Posts: 2

I get locked out of use after 5 min. Can you please assist with having this fixed on my account.

I am at work office, but I am on my personal Laptop that is connected to a publicly open guest WiFi in our building that supports others in the area and I am trying to remote into my personal PC at home but get the 5 min timeout

• ChkItOut
    ChkItOut Posts: 1

I am having issues connecting to my machine. I get an error that there is block and a timeout and not immediate reconnection is available.

I have a free license, been using it for years. I had this issue before and it has to do with being tagged as a commercial user. I am not, nor have I have been a commercial user of your program. Please reissue my free license.

• cmftblynu
    cmftblynu Posts: 2

This is my personal computer, I was connected to public wifi, but it isn't a work computer at all... how do I fix this?

• jdredneck1
    jdredneck1 Posts: 2
    edited March 25

I have used this program for years to help my parents out. They changed it, making it harder to use, and less options (or the options got hidden). Now, I am seeing messages saying that I am a commercial user and have to pay, and kicked off after 5 min. All I have done was help my parents. Please let me know why this is happening. Is there a way to fix this?

• Lira_12
    Lira_12 Posts: 4

connect remote to my home PC from my kids PC but my ipad kicks me out after couple of minutes

• Lira_12
    Lira_12 Posts: 4

Home Pc connects to another Pc without problem and doesn't shut off

• Niravlac
    Niravlac Posts: 2
    edited March 26

Hello,

I reset last week one id, but I forgot a second one

Now it's impossible to complete a new form because it keep the pdf of my previous demand

How can I do ?

Thanks.

Vincent

• Jon_Simm
    Jon_Simm Posts: 2

I have used TeamViewer for the last two years with no issue but since the new update, I have been getting kicked off remote sessions as soon as I log in. It says my session has timed out and to try again a minute later, but when I try it kicks me out again. How do I prevent this from happening?

• Good evening,

I would like to file the "request to get your TeamViewer ID for private use" form. The form asks for my "TeamView ID", but when I enter the 9 digit number that my TeamViewer Desktop app shows under "Remote Control/Your ID", the form displays "Please enter a valid number" and I cannot submit the form. Any hint on what I'm doing wrong would very much be appreciated.

Many thanks & best regards

Philipp

• panosbug
    panosbug Posts: 1
    edited March 26

hi! my teamviewer make my license professional but i use it one per month or 3 months for my personal computer!!! what is going on??? should i delete teamviewer and install **Third Party Product**? why this happens? that's my print screen for my 2ond pc in my house just 30cm away in the same desk same router!!!! just crazy thing!!! help or leave the app ..... sorry

• Zud
    Zud Posts: 1

Hey. I cannot post a "Reset request" in the form and my earlier did not reset the status even though I received an email saying it would be okay. How to proceed?

• Unknown
    edited March 26
    This content has been removed.
  • hjw130424
    hjw130424 Posts: 3
    edited March 26

Hi, I tried Torill in the form at reset site, nothiing happening, no reply

• hjw130424
    hjw130424 Posts: 3

I have tried to use reset page

• moskms1
    moskms1 Posts: 2
    edited March 26

Every month, my connection is interrupted because you suspect I’m using the program for commercial purposes. However, this is not the case. I’m a nearly 70-year-old retiree who assists some elderly friends who struggle with technology. I’m unsure if you’re monitoring my IP address, which is [removed per Community Guidelines], or my email, [removed per Community Guidelines]. It seems unfair to repeatedly face this issue due to a misconception of misuse. You should be able to track how often and to which computers (whether they are different or the same) I connect. I kindly request you to lift the block so I can continue helping my friends. Otherwise, you may need to dispatch a technician to resolve the issues they encounter.

• kmdesterhaft
    kmdesterhaft Posts: 2
    edited March 26

I have used free Team Viewer for years to support my elderly parents PC and a few friends and family members. Recently I've been getting kicked out for supposedly using TV for business purposes when connecting to my family and friends. Please advise and fix.

• Tubalcain2024
    Tubalcain2024 Posts: 3
    edited March 26

Is there anyone on the moderation team that can look at why the reset link doesn’t work at all? There’s no number to call or no help at all like **bleep** just discontinue the free version and be done with it and stop this passive aggressive commercial use detected nonsense if there is no way to reset it.

• dt2k1
    dt2k1 Posts: 4

please help.

• Gianky
    Gianky Posts: 4

NEVERTHELESS I AM A PRIVATE USER THE APPLICATION SWITCH OFF AFTER A FEW SECONDS