Commercial use - Connection time out

Options

Comments

• BrightonJim
    BrightonJim Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I am being timed out after about a minute of use.

I use the free version of TeamViewer.

• GK5connect
    GK5connect Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited March 25
    Options

I only use Teamviewer at home on the same network. Since a few ays I get the message that I need to upgrade because I am a professional user.

This is totally wrong.

Please let me know how I can resolve this. Thanks.

• tacleman
    tacleman Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hello,

I have made the reseting of my account so that i am not accused of commercial use anymore but still get disconected after a minute on my phone. How could i solve that? note that everything works perfectly on my computer.

thanks in advance

• ftbaker
    ftbaker Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

...but the form requesting to get back to free will not work. It accepts the id of only one computer and will not let me draw the required signature. I run win 11 on a MS surface.

• GarethJ
    GarethJ Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Hi,

I'm a free user - non-commercial - and use TeamViewer less than once/month. Recently I've been getting kicked off after connecting with someone after about 5-10minutes and told that I'm using TeamViewer in a commercial sense.

Can anyone explain why this is happening? I've never had this issue in all the years I've used TeamViewer. Also, how can I get it to stop?

Cheers.

• artioni
    artioni Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I get locked out of use after 5 min. Can you please assist with having this fixed on my account.

I am at work office, but I am on my personal Laptop that is connected to a publicly open guest WiFi in our building that supports others in the area and I am trying to remote into my personal PC at home but get the 5 min timeout

• ChkItOut
    ChkItOut Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I am having issues connecting to my machine. I get an error that there is block and a timeout and not immediate reconnection is available.

I have a free license, been using it for years. I had this issue before and it has to do with being tagged as a commercial user. I am not, nor have I have been a commercial user of your program. Please reissue my free license.

• cmftblynu
    cmftblynu Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

This is my personal computer, I was connected to public wifi, but it isn't a work computer at all... how do I fix this?

• jdredneck1
    jdredneck1 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 25
    Options

I have used this program for years to help my parents out. They changed it, making it harder to use, and less options (or the options got hidden). Now, I am seeing messages saying that I am a commercial user and have to pay, and kicked off after 5 min. All I have done was help my parents. Please let me know why this is happening. Is there a way to fix this?

• Lira_12
    Lira_12 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

connect remote to my home PC from my kids PC but my ipad kicks me out after couple of minutes

• Lira_12
    Lira_12 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

Home Pc connects to another Pc without problem and doesn't shut off

• Niravlac
    Niravlac Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 26
    Options

Hello,

I reset last week one id, but I forgot a second one

Now it's impossible to complete a new form because it keep the pdf of my previous demand

How can I do ?

Thanks.

Vincent

• Jon_Simm
    Jon_Simm Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I have used TeamViewer for the last two years with no issue but since the new update, I have been getting kicked off remote sessions as soon as I log in. It says my session has timed out and to try again a minute later, but when I try it kicks me out again. How do I prevent this from happening?

• Hochleichter
    Hochleichter Posts: 1
    Options

Good evening,

I would like to file the "request to get your TeamViewer ID for private use" form. The form asks for my "TeamView ID", but when I enter the 9 digit number that my TeamViewer Desktop app shows under "Remote Control/Your ID", the form displays "Please enter a valid number" and I cannot submit the form. Any hint on what I'm doing wrong would very much be appreciated.

Many thanks & best regards

Philipp

• panosbug
    panosbug Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 26
    Options

hi! my teamviewer make my license professional but i use it one per month or 3 months for my personal computer!!! what is going on??? should i delete teamviewer and install **Third Party Product**? why this happens? that's my print screen for my 2ond pc in my house just 30cm away in the same desk same router!!!! just crazy thing!!! help or leave the app ..... sorry

• Zud
    Zud Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Hey. I cannot post a "Reset request" in the form and my earlier did not reset the status even though I received an email saying it would be okay. How to proceed?

• Rouffian
    Rouffian Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
  • hjw130424
    hjw130424 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited March 26
    Options

Hi, I tried Torill in the form at reset site, nothiing happening, no reply

• hjw130424
    hjw130424 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I have tried to use reset page

• moskms1
    moskms1 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited March 26
    Options

Every month, my connection is interrupted because you suspect I’m using the program for commercial purposes. However, this is not the case. I’m a nearly 70-year-old retiree who assists some elderly friends who struggle with technology. I’m unsure if you’re monitoring my IP address, which is [removed per Community Guidelines], or my email, [removed per Community Guidelines]. It seems unfair to repeatedly face this issue due to a misconception of misuse. You should be able to track how often and to which computers (whether they are different or the same) I connect. I kindly request you to lift the block so I can continue helping my friends. Otherwise, you may need to dispatch a technician to resolve the issues they encounter.

• kmdesterhaft
    kmdesterhaft Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 26
    Options

I have used free Team Viewer for years to support my elderly parents PC and a few friends and family members. Recently I've been getting kicked out for supposedly using TV for business purposes when connecting to my family and friends. Please advise and fix.

• Tubalcain2024
    Tubalcain2024 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited March 26
    Options

Is there anyone on the moderation team that can look at why the reset link doesn’t work at all? There’s no number to call or no help at all like **bleep** just discontinue the free version and be done with it and stop this passive aggressive commercial use detected nonsense if there is no way to reset it.

• dt2k1
    dt2k1 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

please help.

• Gianky
    Gianky Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

NEVERTHELESS I AM A PRIVATE USER THE APPLICATION SWITCH OFF AFTER A FEW SECONDS

• Sopor
    Sopor Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited March 26
    Options

Come on TeamViewer, you can do better!

If we are not allowed to continue use TeamViewer free, you could at least tell us that instead of saying nothing 😔

It seems to work 😊

• Gianky
    Gianky Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

SAME PROBLEM

• ljfrompa
    ljfrompa Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

i have a free account only connect to my parents computers to help them....they are both 93 and sometimes need a lot of help. the past couple of weeks i get cut off after 5 minutes and it won't let me connect again for a period of time.

never had any problems before but i noticed even though i've always had a free account i now get a popup when it starts, like i have a 'trial acct' or something. don't know how that happened but i don't want it :(

thanks for any help!

• ToneyPeters
    ToneyPeters Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 26
    Options

Recently, I purchased a new computer from HP that had problems running one of my games. I returned it to HP to be repaired as it was and is still under warranty. When they returned it, the operating system had been reinstalled under HP as the user. I don't know why they did this, but I cannot change it even though I am signed into my Microsoft account. My problem is: TeamViewer now sees this computer as being for commercial use even though it is still only my home gaming computer and is telling me I need a commercial license. I had TeamViewer installed on it before I sent it in for repair and it worked just fine(I am using the free version of TeamViewer as I have been for years). As a free user, apparently I can't contact support directly to try and remedy this. So my question is, what can I do to have TeamViewer see my new pc as not being for commercial use?

• neXus2000
    neXus2000 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Commercial use started few days ago, I've contacted support via mail and the only thing they did is to send me generic answer with link to reset form. The same form that I've already signed last year. That same signed form still resides there. I've checked that. And they sti do not give any response back about it, and I'm still stuck with that **bleep** commercial use message.

How did this happened in the first place, when my list contains few computers, which include my second PC, sisters PC, my wives father PC and my friend PC? I told them that several times and again same story. If I signed something, that should be a type of contract.