Commercial use - Connection time out

Options
1412413414415416418»

Comments

• Kris0725
    Kris0725 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I am sure that i am free user for personal purposes. Just connect my laptop to use remote. Not commecial. Suddenly TeamViewer open pop up windows said lolls commerical purpose and only can use minutes. How can i do?

• Scekk
    Scekk Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Go to service tab > Reset Management > click "Click here to Start."

• Poul_Eker1960
    Poul_Eker1960 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited July 1
    Options
    Is there free licence

• GLSmyth
    GLSmyth Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Options

Hmmm, no answer. If looks like unfortunately I am not the only one with this problem. I would have hoped that there would have been some response, even something just to say that this is an issue that is being worked on. Fortunately, I have found that I am able to do what I need to do through Google Remote Desktop, so I believe that will be a much less annoying way to get to my computer when needed.

• vice86
    vice86 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Options

I'm thankful its free but its quite annoying every few months to get flagged and have to jump through hoops to get it back to non-business like its been for years. I see as a free user we can't even send a support ticket now.

• Kalon
    Kalon Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I use TeamViewer to prep my church computer before going in to stream the service on Sundays. This is not commercial use, all the work I do is voluntary, but TeamViewer is now flagging it as commercial use and limiting my remote session to 5 minutes.

This happened once before and I was able to submit a support ticket and get it sorted, but now they only let licensed users submit support tickets. I even contacted their sales team and they said submit a support ticket, seems like even they don't realize the change in policy about support tickets being only for licensed users now.

How can I get this sorted out, or should I just move on to a better remote desktop application?

• Veo
    Veo Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Hi, I have TeamViewer to help my grandfather (85) with his computer. He lives 50km from me, so I can't drive to him, if he needs help to move a file from place to the other on his pc. So I use TeamViewer, to do that for him, and I never had any problems with that.
    I do not use TV for money, I'm not even working in an IT Support field, I'm a teacher for kids from 3-6. How do I get my old use of TeamViewer back? I can't pay the price for a commerical license, and I don't even think I should have to. I don't do this for a living, I do this to help my grandfather. How can I change this back?

• bibibabi
    bibibabi Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

For those who have people among the various comments, the link provided by pekaink is good and you can send a REST request. with the appropriate form. also in other languages

—> FOLLOW GUIDE
    https://www.teamviewer.com/it/global/support/knowledge-base/teamviewer-classic/licensing/personal-use/commercial-use-suspected/

—>

• nerdyKenny
    nerdyKenny Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Hi, I'm on the road trying to access my home PC form my laptop. It keeps disconnecting me and telling me I'm in a commercial environment and locking me out. It never used to do this.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

• nerdyKenny
    nerdyKenny Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

So I've found how to re-request the free version via the blog, but my ID is 10 digits and it only allows for Teamviewer ID with 9 digits. it's saying invalid format. Thoughts?

• mahmoodn
    mahmoodn Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Hi,

I have installed Teamviewer on a system multiple times because I reinstalled the OS several times. In the end I installed that and that is working so I am able to connect to the remote machine via my laptop.

However, I have noticed that the session is shortly disconnected with a message: Session Timeout!

I haven't seen such a behavior before. In fact with the free version, I was able to remain connected for hours. But this new behavior is bothering me. I think installing multiple times has created multiple zombie device information associated with my account, but I am not able to find such information.

Any idea about that?

• pnogradi
    pnogradi Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited July 1
    Options

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• pnogradi
    pnogradi Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited July 1
    Options

I am a free user. I am using teamviewer occasonally 1- 2 hours a month for personal usage.

Lately sometimes the system treat me as a company user and blocks my connection.

Why is this and what can i do?

Thanks

Peter [removed per Community Guidelines]

• JerryJ304
    JerryJ304 Posts: 1
    Options

I have the same issue, I used to be able to help my sister remotely and not have a timeout. Does anyone have an answer to Mahmoodn and my issue?

• XoX
    XoX Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I am just a person. Please stop restricting my time of use in a ridiculous way and demanding a purchase of license for business

• znino1
    znino1 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I have been using Teamviewer personal license for years with the same account. Recently, if I try to remote control one of my computers using the TeamViewer app on my iPhone the connection times out after one minute. If I try to reconnect I get a message:

Unable to Connect. A connection could not be established. connection Blocked.

You've reached the maximum session duration for this Teamviewer ID. Please try again later.

Connections to this TeamViewer ID will be blocked until [One minute later than the current time).

The strange thing is that if I login to my account on another phone and try to remote control a computer, it works fine. If I try to remove control a computer from my desktop (again, logged in with my same userid) it works fine. It is ONLY not working if I try to remote control via my iPhone 14.

I have tried to delete the app on my phone and reinstall. Same issue.

I have tried to logout of the app on my phone and login. Same issue.

Does anyone have an idea what this might be or what I should be trying next? It really seems related from connections only attempted from this specific phone and not my account because it works fine if I am logged in on another device with my user account and try to remove access my devices.

Thanks

• 3D_Design_Ink
    3D_Design_Ink Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited July 1
    Options

what is going on with this timed out stuff? who can you reach to reset this thing. A month ago I was being called a commercial user and I was denied only to tell them to look at the previous remote numbers all to my account and I am only remotely tie-in'ing to My Computers. They should have a 1-800 Number for all.

Anyway how do I get my account reset so that I can use it to access my computer without it Timing out?

• Gabor_01
    Gabor_01 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I wanted to connect from a mobile phone to my own computer at home and the application threw up a message saying that it recognizes my account as a business account and therefore exits after 5 minutes.
    Why does it feel like my account is business when I only use the app on my own devices? And even rarely?

• xprt007
    xprt007 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited July 1
    Options

Hi there

Am I the only one experiencing this? I use Teamviewer now and then, every couple of weeks to help friends who have limited computer knowledge to do some tasks. 95% of those are in and from the SAME household (network), because of some technical issues with a desktop accessing it to mostly update Windows + other programs or onetime to install some video editing program or to help print school material for kids (most common use), another time it was copying some media from an iPhone to a hard drive. I have otherwise used Teamviewer to show someone how to use WiseCare 365 or just check on programs update status or some similar stuff taking just minutes and this lies weeks or months apart in some cases just a one time issue. One is my own second notebook I connected to as I installed TeamViewer on it.

IS THAT COMMERCIAL USE?

A couple of months ago, I was forcefully thrown because commercial use had supposedly been detected. When I tried again may be days or weeks later, it worked a couple of times to as I say mostly print out a few school homework pages, something that takes at most 10 minutes.

Then about a week ago, when I went to do the same task within the SAME HOUSEHOLD, I was rudely thrown out within seconds. As this was totally unexpected, I tried again but as screenshots show I was told I could connect only after sometime, which IF I succeeded was immediately thrown out.

Currently, and after many years of using Teamviewer for exactly the same purposes NOW & THEN helping some friends deal with issues it seems impossible to use the program again after being certainly falsely blacklisted.

This is a few moments before making this post after trying to connect to my second notebook, just beside me:

I mostly use THIS notebook, but have once in a while probably accessed some PC from one of those under my account.

What is going on and could it be Teamviewer free service, for which we are grateful has ended, one is being "encouraged" to upgrade or look for alternatives?

Is there anything that can be done to get off the unfair blacklist?

Best regards

• TE5LA
    TE5LA Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited July 2
    Options

I just got the same message. I think they have ended free accounts. Their new list of features shows that free users can't really do anything. Can't transfer files, etc.

Time to move on to something else.[removed per Community Guidelines]

• TE5LA
    Options

Obviously, they don't want me mentioning other software, companies not so greedy :)

• TE5LA
    edited July 1
    Options

• Gabor_01
    Gabor_01 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I wanted to connect from a mobile phone to my own home computer and the app threw a message that it recognizes my account as a business account, so it exits after 5 minutes.
    Why does my account appear to be business when I only use the app on my own devices? And even rarely?

• willshows
    willshows Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I am a free user, not running a business. I just use it to try to help
    friends and family when they have computer issues or don't know what to do. I have
    been flagged for commercial use for some reason.

• TE5LA
    Options

I recently lost the ability to use TeamViewer because it told me, when I tried to connect, that I must pay to use it. The license in the client still reported that it was a free license. This happened to me a year or so ago, but I contacted TeamViewer and they fixed it.

I am retired and use TV for connecting to another computer so that I don't need a monitor, mouse, and keyboard on that system. I also occasionally help a friend who is 99% computer illiterate. This time, I tried to contact TV, but the system told me I could not contact them, that support was not available for free accounts, so I began looking at alternatives. Only after I posted in the forums about alternatives did I receive an email offering to unblock my account.

If this situation was some kind of accident, I can understand it, but the appearance I got was that it was an intentional change by TV. I even looked at the licensing page with the list of features, and it shows that a free license does not have the ability to transfer files. Well, I had been transferring files for years. Without this ability, I would have no reason to use it.

I understand if TV wanted to end the free licensing and am appreciative that I have been afforded its use over the years, but if these occurrences are an aberration, then I might suggest that an obvious link on the website be created where free users can apply for an unblock, such as the form that was emailed to me. My guess is that most free users are not power users and may have difficulty navigating through the website.

I am once again using my free license. I guess my question, if any, is what is contained in the above paragraph.

Thanks, TeamViewer.

• mishanian
    mishanian Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

I was using a commercial license for a long time but now it is showing I am using free version!