Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• When using Teamviewer on iOS to connect to my home computer, the connection times out after about a minute. When I try to re-connect, I get an error saying that I have to wait. When I do wait the specified time, I get the same error message saying I have to wait more time. If I tap the "More info" option, I get another message saying "Thank you for your purchase." I'm confused on that, since I've entered no payment information.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and no change.

• perryking
    perryking Posts: 1

Same problem here - Using latest version of Windows 10.

• I am disconnected from the remote system after about 50 seconds using TeamViewer Free Licence - no notice that I am being suspected of commercial use (which I am not doing). Both system have 15.13.6 version - uninstalled and reinstalled

Support not allowing us an easy method to provide a notification of this problem is poor - enough people seem to have the problem to warrant them looking into the situation.

• TXJPC
    TXJPC Posts: 1

I have been having the same time-out problem and I think I just found the answer. I have four(4) PCs (3 Laptops and 1 desktop) my main PC is a laptop that has Windows 10 PRO, my other PCs are Windows 10 home. I just realized, after many uninstalls and re-installs that the Windows 10 home PCs will connect with each other without the timeout problem, it is only when I try to use my Windows 10 Pro PC that I get the timeout problem. I have uninstalled and re-installed on the Pro PC a couple of times but the same result, I even uninstalled TV and then went thru the Registry and deleted every instance for Teamviewer and rebooted and re-installed TV and that did not work.

Is there something about Win 10 PRO that is causing this problem???

• keep getting messages I am using for commercial purpose and am not why?

• TekMrk
    TekMrk Posts: 9 ✭✭

Interesting, after going through the TV "reset" process they told me of my 10 TV PCs (6 of which are mine other 4 are friends and family) that 2 of them had the issue and that all I needed to have reset was those 2, (not all 10 as I had done only a month ago in December 2020) of those two one was Windows 10 Professional. Interesting. I'm aware that Windows server cannot be considered a Personal Use TV installation. I think in some circumstances Windows Professional editions sometimes can be confused for Windows Server edition. Could this be what's happening in this case?

• 3ATS
    3ATS Posts: 1

I’ve been getting multiple commercial use violation notices from TeamViewer. I am have been helping my cousin who is developmentally disabled out of state and my mother who is 80+ years old. I do not use it very often. Normally they respond and reset my use. The 8th of November beginning of December as my disabled cousin went on to hospice, I got another commercial violation and want me to help my mother. We are now the middle end of January and I have not heard anything back from team viewer. Does anyone have any recommendations of other programs that do not cost $600 a year to be able to help one person is 80+ years old. I keep getting emails about the Service that I can not use. If they will not reconnect , is it possible to stop getting these emails. The bottom says you can’t unsubscribe.

• AlexRecl
    AlexRecl Posts: 2 ✭✭

I think they don't care about free license users.

• SoCalStephen
    SoCalStephen Posts: 1

WHY won't TeamViewer provide an answer to this????

• Strangetrip
    Strangetrip Posts: 0

What is the recourse for private non profit users getting flagged as commercial users?

• Grandview
    Grandview Posts: 1

I have a family farm. Soon after I signed up with Teamviewer I called them to see if I needed to buy a commercial license. They told me I didn't. Now I always receive a message saying that commercial use is detected and then it just kicks me out. It is of no use to me now. How can this be changed?

• The same thing is happening to me. I am a student. Please fix.

• My wife and I are volunteer archivists at a small, all volunteer museum, which is closed due to COVID. We have been using Teamviewer to work on cataloging our collection from home. Last year we got flagged as commercial users. I wrote a protest and my wife got reinstated, but my account never did. I can log in and connect for about two minutes before I get kicked out.

I have tried emailing the company repeatedly over the past few months, but have never gotten a response. What can I do to get access again?

• dondd
    dondd Posts: 0

A few months ago, trying to assist my brother, I tried connecting to his PC but got the msg that your system thinks I made too many remote connections and blocked my connection. I'm not sure how that is possible, as I'm not on Team Viewer for months at a time, but when I have a friend or relative with a problem, I may connect 2 or 3 times to resolve their issue.

Today I got an email from Team Viewer indicating that their legal stuff has been updated. In the process of signing in, I got an alert that the system doesn't recognize this device. Strange, as this device is my main computer and I use it 99% of the time. So they sent a confirmation link to "trust" this device. And is how I'm able to ask this question. The only possible reason I may be blocked is that occasionally I use my VPN, and they got an IP that maybe has been used by someone with Team Viewer. Otherwise, I use this very little, and only connect to about 10 friends and relatives sparsely.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! And if possible, remove the block.

Thanks, dondd

• User2358945321
    User2358945321 Posts: 6 ✭✭

Is there any resolution for not being able to get connected? This started before Christmas and I keep getting a time out then unable to reconnect for a time period.

I only use it with my parents and it worked for years until recently.

I have tried to contact Team viewer for help but never received a response.

thanks.

• I have the same issue, started about the same time, have had the same results. I use it to help my brother with his "techno-phobia" Have been a user for years without issue.... but now they seem to think I am a commercial user. That is NOT the case. It is a shame... This really helped me keep my elderly brother in the 21st century.

• catt0301
    catt0301 Posts: 0
    edited January 2021

Why do I keep getting kicked off when I sign on less than a minute seconds it shuts me down

• For the last few months I can only remote to my computers for about 30seconds before it kicks me out!

• Slingshot41
    Slingshot41 Posts: 0

For the last few months I can only remote to my computers for about 30seconds before it kicks me out!

• JZDeath
    JZDeath Posts: 0

I applied for and received a reset just a few weeks ago and already it is locked again. I have 3 personal PCs I occasionally connect to. All 3 are personal: 2 family members and one friend. My only purpose is to help them (all older people) with their computer problems. It is VERY frustrating to be locked out right when I am trying to help them. Can you please fix your algorithm or whatever it is that incorrectly tags me as commercial?

• User2358945321

Have you figured out how to resolve it? Or had any feedback from Team Viewer?

• dbassman
    dbassman Posts: 1
    edited April 2021

I've been having the same issue for some time, along with a couple friends. After not hearing back from TeamViewer I basically gave up and switched to ** Third Party Product **. Just like any other program and has pros and cons to TeamViewer, but seems to work fine and is also free for personal use!

• Jon_P
    Jon_P Posts: 0

Hello,

I use Teamviewer to remotely help my parents with their computers. I have never had a problem logging in until today. I connected and immediately was kicked out with a message of:

Connection blocked after timeout.

Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try again later or upgrade your license.

Connections to this partner will be blocked until xx:xx

Can someone point me in the right direction to alleviate this issue?

Thank you

• Spaceshuttle
    Spaceshuttle Posts: 0

I'm trying to find out what this change of the rules are to affect private users I use team viewer to help friends can anyone give me any help as far as deciding if team viewer is going to be free for a while for private use and how many times can you connect to the same person with this version Michelle

• Why do I keep getting blocked out? I use TeamViewer for personal use only!

• Dgutkin
    Dgutkin Posts: 5 ✭✭

Your site is very difficult to get answers. I have a personal use account and I keep getting message that I have a commercial account and has expired. This happens only on my ipad.. what gives.. your support is not easy to use. I tried to reset and got nowhere

• Alex3012
    Alex3012 Posts: 0

I'm trying to connect to a remote machine. It works for a few seconds, but then TeamViewer says that session has timed out. I've tried rebooting the remote machine and restarting TeamViewer, but that didn't help.

On a second reconnect, TeamViewer shows a message - "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked"

I use TeamViewer a couple of times per year, and previously it was not an issue.

• MarioRGarcia
    MarioRGarcia Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am using the Teamviewer free personal version in my PC(Windows 10 Pro) and my laptop. I was able to connect whitout any problem until recently. When I connect now to my laptop, it connects only for 1 minute and then disconnects. If I try again, Teamviewer will send me a message that I it detected a commercial use.

I do not know what changed the behavior of Teamviewer .

Any thoughts?

• Darktwain
    Darktwain Posts: 6 ✭✭

This is probably not the right place to leave this post but I can't get a response from anyone @ Teamviewer. It's funny too 'cause someone from there contacted me last year when I was getting blocked for 'commercial use' which was not happening. I finally gave up and found something else and then this year I decided to give it a try again and it has been allowing me use. Here's the thing. I have 2 desktop computers that I connect with using my laptop and I'm only connecting to 1 at the moment out of fear of being flagged again for 'commercial' use. I just want to ask someone if it is OK now for me to connect to both without being flagged. Who can answer me?

• User2358945321

Thanks, I will check that out. It is frustrating that it just doesn't work any more. I wish Team Viewer was interested to help. It has always been an easy connect before.