cant validate my account/cant recieve sms

2»

Comments

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,587 Moderator

@EricChen,

Thank you for posting in TeamViewer Community!

Account verification with SMS only available to the TeamViewer users in China.

May I ask your location when you saw the notification of SMS verification on TeamViewer please?

Looking forward to hearing your response.

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Phi1
    Phi1 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello beautiful, is it possible to check my question too?

• erierson
    erierson Posts: 2 ✭✭

I use the free version of Teamviewer to access my computer at home for a variety of non commercial data while travelling. I have had no issues until I recently came to China and I am now getting an error message that "Teamviewer Free is only valid on a limited number of devices and you have exceeded the number of devices". I have not changed anything about how I access things-I am trying to use the same iOS device to access the same computer but I now get the above error message and I do not know how to clear or reset this so I can access my computer remotely as before.

• m_luqman786
    m_luqman786 Posts: 1

could you please help me. how i can fix this problem.

• fsh
    fsh Posts: 5 ✭✭

I deleted one of my accounts to release the phone number yesterday.

I want to use the number for this account, but it returned below hint.

##################

This phone number has been used with a recently deleted account and is currently unavailable.

##################

How long will it take to release the phone number from the previous account?

• vivalavida
    vivalavida Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello,

I tried to verificate my account for several times, but it always tells me that my number was used for a previous account, which got deleted. I have my number now for more than one year and never used it for this or any other account.

If I cannot verify my account I can't use TeamViewer at all...

Does anybody know how to fix that issue? Or how long means that "currently unavailable" here?

Thank you for you help!

• Teknofobe
    Teknofobe Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited March 20

🤬

I am in the same predicament using the free version in Big Red (You know the country I'm talking about). Everything works swimmingly in the USA. Now that I'm overseas, and try to logon to a machine at home, I'm asked to, "Please validate your account to continue." This takes me to the TV web page displaying the management console and I'm asked to provide my mobile phone number. Well, my American T-Mobile number works just fine here thank you very much, so why do I need a mainland Ch.number? But I can't edit the country prefix of +86, so I'm screwed.

Can't you folks at TV get your act together? This is a VERY simple fix. It would take your coding team all of 1 hour to fix, test and roll out. This thread was started FOUR YEARS AGO!