End of service announcement for chrome app

While connecting to a remote computer I got this message ( i was unable to upload the picture) 

End of service announcement for chrome app

We will soon discontinue the support of the connection via the Chrome App as Google is phasing out support for Chrome Apps across all operating systems as well.  Please use the Teamview Client instead. 

I am using a Chromebook and thought I was using the client that i got from Google Play.  

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

Hi @sathert721 

Thanks for your post.

Please see this note from our Knowledge Base article Which operating systems are supported?

I hope this info helps you.

Best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Forcerelative
    Forcerelative Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello,

I use Teamvewer to connect to my personal computer at home from my computer at work I can't install anything on my work computer so if you stop accessing Teamvewer through google chrome I wouldn't be able to use teamvewer.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/teamviewer%20remote%20desktop?hl=fr&_category=extensions

So why are you stopping this possibility?

The web client was not secure, a lot of account hacking possible with the web client and I remember it was never stable and almost never worked and it's not possible to copy paste between the 2 computers and also that "Clrl + Z" close the last job instead of going back it's like a bug.

Thank you for your understanding

Best regards,

Olivier DUTEL, from Paris