How to cancel my order

Answers

• Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to access teamviewer support portal for creating a ticket, however it doesn't let me login and instead says that the credentials  I have provided is wrong. Whereas, using the same credentials I am able to login to teamviewer account.

I kindly request you to terminate my subscription. I have written an email to salesteam@teamviewer.com and a copy of an invoice was also sent.

Thanks,

Abdul Majid Shaik

• Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to access teamviewer support portal for creating a ticket, however it doesn't let me login and instead says that the credentials  I have provided is wrong. Whereas, using the same credentials I am able to login to teamviewer account.

I kindly request you to terminate my subscription. I have written an email to salesteam@teamviewer.com and a copy of an invoice was also sent.

Thanks,

Abdul M Shaik

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠

Hi @abdulmshaik,

We are sorry to hear about TeamViewer is not for you and the issue you were experiencing.

In this case, please call our support team instead of raising a ticket.

If you are a paid user and are having license/payment issues or want to speak with our support team please call our support team as moderators cannot offer 1-on-1 support here.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • ShaunCa
    ShaunCa Posts: 1

I have been trying to cancel for weeks now it just keeps me in a constant loop when trying to submit a ticket between the support and main page havent used my licence for ages very frustrating process

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @ShaunCa ,

Thank you for your post.

If the account is not linked to a valid TeamViewer license, the support portal will instead load the TeamViewer Community, therefore I have create support ticket for you.

Please check your email and reply to the ticket. Once we receive your request for cancellation in writing, our support team will assist you further.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • I need to cancel my subscription and get a refound, because i cant afford ir anymore because covid. I need urgent help please.

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠

Hi @FerTellez,

We are sorry to hear about your current situation and hope we can help with it.

For your security, all cancellations must be submitted in written form, by submitting a ticket with your licensed account. Written requests must be received by TeamViewer at least 28 days before the end of the initial subscription term or any subscription renewal term.

Alternatively, you can call our support team and they will assist you individually. We are unable to affect or provide direct support in cancellation or licensing issues here in the community, for security purposes.

Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Kind regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • catsys
    catsys Posts: 3

Hello,

I'm posting my reply here to keep it on the record an add to just one another frustated client of TeamViewer.

We have been using TeamViewer for the past 2 years. The autorenewal happens just like that without any reminder whatsoever. Usually, any company would send an upcoming invoice notice via email letting the clients know about the charge that would be added to their card. 

TeamViewer doesn't do that. When the renewal happens, fingers are pointed to the EULA policy asking to request cancellation 28 days in advance. Okay. That's your EULA. However, this is 2020. TeamViewer, you got to change your EULA and think about customers first. 

What's your proplem in letting people know about an upcoming payment? Usually, the people using TeamViewer are support engineers who do not pay. The people who pay are management folks who do not open TeamViewer. An email to registered email address would help the management know in advance of an upcoming payment. 

In our case, the credit card had expired. So the payment did not go through. I opened a ticket to request cancellation and to my surprise, I got a reply stating these words -

"Please note: In case the payment is not made for the pending invoice, your license will be blocked and sent to a collections agency."

Collections Agency! For god's sake... For a product that I don't want to use for the next year? Why don't you let unhappy clients to leave you faster and get back to their own business? These are some questions just come to my mind and I am adding them here on the suggestion of the person from Sales team who called me and suggested this site. Thanks to the person, I found there are many more people like me who have got affected!

I've requested the sales team via the support ticket to cancel the license and let us go away. If anybody from TeamViewer higher ups is reading this, please, do not let unhappy clients stay with you. Let them go. If they need you again, they will come back. But if you hold on to them without their wishes, I'm sure they would never recommend TeamViewer to anyone!

Cheers. 

• BMTan
    BMTan Posts: 13

I am having the same issue. You have so many sales people that I have been contacted twice this morning by people trying to sell me something. I want to return this service. All your pretty advertising claims $49 a month. I was charged almost $600 and want my money back. 

Cancel my account. Return my money.

The official way of closing an account is deliberately slow. I no longer want this service. I do not know how many people I have to tell. Refund my money under your 7 day return policy. I'm not trying to wait a month so that you can say I'm stuck with your horrible customer service.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @BMTan 

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear about your negative experience.

Unfortunately, the community is unable to provide direct support in cancellation or licensing issues.

All cancellations must be submitted in written form, by submitting a ticket with your licensed account. Written requests must be received by TeamViewer at least 28 days before the end of the initial subscription term or any subscription renewal term.

Alternatively, you can call our support team and they will assist you individually. 

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• BMTan

The customer service person simply hung up on me in the middle of my call. She was very rude. You have terrible service.

• BMTan

"Covid" is the reason why I was told I couldn't cancel. Nevermind that their sales team is fully staffed and has actually called me unsolicited. 

Twice.

• Esther

Hi again @BMTan 

I am very sorry to hear that and hope that this was a technical problem causing the connection to drop! Hanging up the phone is of course far far away from the customer service we want to deliver daily to every single customer!

Please accept my apologies for this bad experience!

Esther

Former Community Manager

• BMTan

I have submitted a ticket.  Spoke to employees via email.I've been on hold. Hung up on twice. When is my order going to be refunded? 

• BMTan

If that's true, why does it keep happening? 

• BMTan

I've been trying to cancel for over a day. I think their definition of the word "prompt" is different from mine. 

Sit on hold for 40 minutes to talk to customer service.

Call sales and get straight through.

• BMTan

I can't seem to be able to cancel my account. I have never dealt with a company that simply refused to stop providing me a service I didn't want. Your customer service is the sort of thing I associate with scammers and fraudulent activity. 

• BMTan

Has anyone figured out how to successfully stop service? I do not want this service. They've obviously made it impossible to cancel within any decent time frame to squeeze every penny out of their customers. Some great service you guys have here.

• BMTan

Hello, I'm trying to cancel service. My posts in the different topics keep being moved by a moderator. It would be nice if I could talk to other people having this issue that are following THESE topics instead of the ones you keep moving them to.

• Esther

Hi @BMTan 

As stated above: 

All cancellations must be submitted in written form, by submitting a ticket with your licensed account

I understand your frustration but please know that the community can only guide you to the correct way to cancel your order, but the community cannot take over the actual cancellation for you.

best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• BMTan

Why do you keep moving my questions in other threads that are literally the same topic?

• Esther

Hi @BMTan 

We are moving all posts into this thread as it all is about the same topic (Please refer to the User Guidelines for more information).

I fully understand that you were hoping for a faster way than the answer I gave you and I apologize that I couldn´t give you a better one. But the fact is, that all cancellations must be submitted by submitting a ticket with your licensed account.

The service team will work on your ticket and reach out to you ? No worries!

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• BMTan

My ticket is no longer visible when I search. Does this mean that it has been processed?

• Esther

Did you receive a confirmation for the ticket? incl a ticket ID? If so - you can be assured it is being processed ?

Former Community Manager

• BMTan

I was on the phone with the licensing department and I was told I was going to recieve those things but have not. If my ticket was deleted I don't want to wait to restart the process. Should I submit a new ticket?

• BMTan

Whenever I call I am now getting a voice recording that you are not taking calls and I need to submit a ticket. I have already submitted a ticket. On the phone I was told I was going to recieve an email confirmation. I have not recieved anything. Who do I need to contact? 

• catsys

Hi @Esther 

Your so called ticketing system never works as the team there will only say that the ticket should have been raised 28 days prior to the renewal date. 

However, this company does not have the courtsey to remind the clients in advance about the upcoming renewal. Is it for the fear of people dropping off? That is a very negative mindset for a company of your stature. 

So the ticket system is useless when someone wants to cancel the account when the renewal is automated and has happened. We have raised the ticket on the day our renewal happened. Your staff doesn't allow to cancel the contract. 

Bad way in today's times to keep customers. Totally regret we used your service. It is like people having to stick with an unhappy marriage when they want a divorce. Hope you get the point and relay it to someone who can take decisions. 

Thanks.

• Yuri_T

Hi @BMTan

Thank you for your reply.

I have confirmed that your account has been activated which means you are able to submit a ticket: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-submit-a-ticket/ta-p/72027

As my colleague mentioned ealier, we are unable to affect or provide direct support in cancellation or licensing issues here in the community, for security purposes. Cancellation requests must be received in written form, which is easiest via the ticket system.

Regarding TeamViewer subscriptions, the license does renew unless cancelled prior, as stated on the bottom of the original invoice: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Subscription-renewal/ta-p/65605

Once you submit a support ticket, our support team must answer every case in the order they are received. 

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Kind regards,
    Yuri

• Yuri_T

Hi @catsys

I understand your anger and frustration. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Regarding TeamViewer subscriptions, the license does renew unless cancelled prior, as stated on the bottom of the original invoice. Also please note that it is possible to raise a ticket anytime and our support team will give you possible solution for you. You might not be able to get an answer you want, however it does not mean that you are not able to raise a support ticket. Our support team does always make sure to answer every single case and assist you.

Unfortunately, you would need to have this discussion with our support team in the support ticket as we cannot assist you with an issue like this via the community. However, I will forward your feedback internally. I appreciate your input and time in the community.

We thank you in advance for your understanding.

Kind regards,
    Yuri

• catsys

Hi @Yuri_T 

Yes. Please forward the feedback internally. 

Our decision to purchase TeamViewer happened 3 years back. So the automated renewal was put in place then. I'm not asking for the answer I want, I am just pointing to fair business practices which should be initiated at TeamViewer's end.

A renewal due reminder is something that the society, as  a whole, has got used to. I'm sure you use personal services from Google and Amazon which also send you upcoming renewal notices. So, as a practice, start reminding your clients of their upcoming renewals in advance and give them a chance to go away if they want to, as a part of your policy. 

Regarding the support staff and the ticket, we already have opened one as stated earlier and they have started pointing to your EULA which really, really, needs a change. 

Have a good day!