Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Doyen
    Doyen Posts: 7 ✭✭

Yup. Me, with a handful of posts, is trying to help TV sort this matter out. If you're suggesting that I work for TV, all I can say is that I'm a Canadian living in Canada. If TV was going to 'stack the deck' with workers on this thread, methinks they would have done that before page 273... 🙂 I mean, unless that's their lucky number. You can believe me, or not, but that's the truth.

But I'm confident I've figured out what happened in regard to why the software is false-flagging people, and I've tested my theory. It works consistently. I've been able to flag and unflag myself at will. (And sorry, but I won't be discussing the cause openly.) I believe this problem actually originated back in February 2020, and it's possible that TV isn't aware of the full impact. While I can't say if it is the only reason, I can say it is a one reason.

This is something I'm going to discuss with TV to see if they are aware of this. It is possible that they may not be aware of the source of the problem--and they've been trying to fix the symptoms. That's where I come in. I'll be discussing this with them to see if we can get something done to deal with this quickly. But I needed to have something to go on first, and it took me a few days to figure out why this was happening.

You're annoyed at this problem, as can be expected, and so am I. There is enough going wrong in the world with covid, and no one needs more stress. I get that... I really do. But TV isn't intentionally trying to annoy people. Like I said, I'm fairly certain I've discovered where the problem lies, and I'm going to follow up with them and see what I can do. I want this fixed as much as you do.

• w6pd
    w6pd Posts: 5 ✭✭

Happy Monday morning

Thank you for your comments and suggestions, TeamViewer is up and running here, I hope you are also...

• pipistrello
    pipistrello Posts: 0

free licence

but told me that I use for commercial, and of course it is not.

• dkjorgensen
    dkjorgensen Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am having this same issue. I clicked on the "More Info" button from the alert pop-up and it took me to a brief FAQ page https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/info/commercial-use/ which has a link to a form to fill out in the case that your personal use is flagged as commercial use. However, the link goes to another page with a button to create a ticket, but no obvious place to create a ticket.

If I discover anything more I will update here.

• dkjorgensen
    dkjorgensen Posts: 2 ✭✭

www dot teamviewer dot com /en/reset-management/

I can't post links.

This link has the reset tool. You will need your ID. Once you fill out the form you will need to save it, and then it will ask for you to upload it.

• AndyWinter
    AndyWinter Posts: 1

I have TV installed on 2 devices - my MacBook Air and my iMac. When I use my laptop I get timed out after 1 minute, but the iMac works fine. Same level of MacOS and TV on both machines.

• BillGray
    BillGray Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2021

I have been using TeamViewer Free for several years and have recently encountered a problem connecting to my wife's Windows 10 system. This problem occurred several months ago and after reporting it, the problem disappeared.  Now it has come back and has stayed for over 2 weeks. I can connect fine with my daughter's Windows 7 system, but when I connect to my wife's Win 10 system, after about 45 seconds I am kicked off her system and cannot reconnect. Does TeamViewer have a problem with connection to Win 10 systems?

I am not using TeamViewer for any commercial nor for-profit use, only private use with family and occasionally a couple of friends.  Thank you for your help.

Bill Gray - TeamViewer ID: **Do Not Post TeamViewer IDs**

**Do Not Post Email Addresses**

• KindaShani
    KindaShani Posts: 1
    edited May 2021

I was logged out of TeamViewer remote connecting because team viewer suspected commercial use. How do i contact them to explain that i only use it for personal use.

• andyinv
    andyinv Posts: 1
    edited October 2022

Yep, getting the same lately. Managed to get a connection long enough to install VNC instead.

"Your connections are blocked until X"... (waits till X, plus a bit more for good measure)... "Your connections are blocked until Y"

"Commercial use suspected"... my arse. This used to be a really useful piece of software. I would license it, but as a personal user, that would be against their terms of course, so free alternatives it is and I'll live with not being able to connect from my phone. I work for an MSP and we occasionally use TV at work (tho we're only licensed for an older version but that's fine, it still works) if **Third Party Product** or **Third Party Product** are having issues, and as I'm in a position to recommend for or against its renewal, well that's an easy decision to make going forwards.

How to ruin your reputation - suddenly claim all your customers are breaking the rules and see who pays up.

• 2PAC
    2PAC Posts: 0

Hello.

Previously, I used the trial version without any problems and it was enough for me to access my computers for 5-10 minutes, but now it disconnects me from them in less than a minute, and then asks me to wait until a certain time.

After a second attempt, it connects at the right time, it immediately disconnects me instantly and again asks me to wait.

I understand that if I haven't paid for the subscription, I mean little to you, but as for me, these are already very strict restrictions.

• chinmay236
    chinmay236 Posts: 1

Same problem here. Been a week. Earlier system was better we at least got Team Viewer Support Response. That it has been unblocked.

• SaniaCake
    SaniaCake Posts: 1
    edited May 2021

I have used TeamViewer for more than 15 years It has always been for non-commercial use, and is only suitable for personal use of mobile phones to remotely control home computers Never received any warning block restrictions. Until 4:30 pm on May 11, 2021, when I want to remotely control the laptop again It is found that the account has been blocked. Please help to unblock it. Thanks for your assistance.

• rb353
    rb353 Posts: 1
    edited May 2021

[personal information removed]

I have used the FREE version (non-commercial use) of TeamViewer for the past couple of years to help friends sort out their computer problems. It has been of great help and there were no problems in its use.

For the last month or so I have been unable to use TeamViewer – it connect to the other machine for about 20 secs and then closes the connection reporting a Time-Out.

I made a complete re-installation of the Program, but this did not fix the problem. On doing some research on the Internet it would seem that my problem occurs because TeamViewer “thinks” that I am now using the program commercially without paying for a licence! There was a suggestion that I visit the TeamViewer Reset website.

On 4 May 21 I visited teamviewer.com/reset, logged into my account, filled out a pdf form (Was commercial use detected on your TeamViewer ID?), printed it, signed and dated it and scanned & submitted it back to you – teamviewer_reset_auth.pdf

I have had no response from TeamViewer (I think it said a couple of days). Would you please look into the problem and if possible restore my FREE use of the Program.

• JeanZ
    JeanZ Posts: 0

It's two weeks now since I requested a reset for my ID, due to my blocked TV. I'm accused for commercial use, while I am using it for private reasons (supporting my mom who is in a care home). Please help me, since my mom depends on my assistance to her. I'm waiting two weeks now. Please help!!

• dgun469
    dgun469 Posts: 8 ✭✭

Welcome to the club. I use mine to monitor my child doing her online school work, apparently that is commercial use too. Darn they caught me being a good parent.... Guess I better start paying for a license. NOT

• dgun469
    dgun469 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited May 2021

Looks like it's time to bail on TV. A simple google of this issue showed thousands of people having this issue mostly due to using TV "too much" even though it's supposed to be "free". I need a dependable software that I CAN use daily as much as I need without being flagged simply because my child needs my help several times daily. I would certainly understand if I was logging into lots of different IDs but that's just not the case. I use 5 different devices across my home network and rarely do I log in from outside of my home. It's sad to see such a good piece of software go down hill so quickly. What a shame for real and I know this isn't a software side issue because I booted up an old laptop that hasn't been used for 3+ years and reset a password to an old email account and within 10 minutes that account was also flagged even though I only logged into my IP camera.

Alternative software here I come.

• Nguyenhuy1501
    Nguyenhuy1501 Posts: 1

I did not used TV for business, but i used it alot in one day, and today it was blocked

how can i solve it ?

i used it for control my computer for gaming and edit document .

• dhsebastian
    dhsebastian Posts: 9 ✭✭

I am stuck, too. The Generate PDF button does nothing on Chrome, Edge (PC) or Safari (iPhone). Is there an explicit address to upload a pdf of a screenshot of the info required to reset an account blocked for suspected commercial use that was incorrect?

• Kamber
    Kamber Posts: 0

Hey,

Please let me know that I am not a commercial user, but it looks like I am seen as a commercial user.

Please open this up for me

• silvio880
    silvio880 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi I have always used for years the connection between my Mac laptop and my home I am Italian and I live on the island of Corfu I do not understand why I have been blocked I have no commercial relationship only private relationship between my boat and my home someone can me help solve the problem thanks

• Sean74
    Sean74 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I am experiencing the same problem

• silvio880
    silvio880 Posts: 2 ✭✭

so how did you solve it ???

• dhsebastian
    dhsebastian Posts: 9 ✭✭

I am a long-time user and using TeamViewer to help family members - parents (99 & 95), mother-in-law (94), wife with PC configuration and update installation - and also to control headless family server PCs. I am not a PC professional and do not work for a commercial service. These are not business PCs and none are joined to a commercial domain, but I am now being blocked for "commercial use". The web process to request reset is not working, The button to generate a PDF does nothing. Is there another way to submit the request to TV?

• Alastair115
    Alastair115 Posts: 1

Same problem, long-time user for very occasional support of my parents' PCs overseas, now my sessions are just a few seconds long before I'm timed out and kicked out.

TV must be swamped with complaints, I can't imagine submitting a ticket is going to help!

If this is deliberate, it's weird behaviour on TV's part. If it's a bug, I guess they know about it. So the only thing to do is wait and see if they fix it.

• Pawsitive2020
    Pawsitive2020 Posts: 1

Connection times out after 60 seconds

• Sean74
    Sean74 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I did not solve it, I am awaiting the solution like you. I am awaiting the solution answer myself

• shrike4242
    shrike4242 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2021

TeamViewer needs to get off their backsides and fix this issue. It's likely due to a bug in the latest version and like everyone else in here, I've submitted the PDF form and have not received any response since submitted about a week ago.

There's no reason for this to be flagged when they ask for a list of the TV IDs for the devices being connected to, a connection to one of those should be a non-issue when identified.

Time to go find some other solution for something far less than the $600/yr that a single seat license costs from the per month cost. I cannot deal with this **bleep** any longer.

• jvicente_dias
    jvicente_dias Posts: 2 ✭✭

I'm also, with the same trouble. Can you help me?

• Ingmar
    Ingmar Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited May 2021

Yeah, the licence costs are totally out of line for regular users. *bleep** i can get a Office 365 Home License for 60 Eur/year. But Teamviewer? 600Eur? come on...

I'd gladly pay 5 Eur a month/60 Eur a year if there was such an option for a Home TeamViewer License. I dont need most of the features that are implemented for business support. Just the "i show my parents how to use Office and E-Mail stuff".

I just switched to "Third part product" until my issue is resolved.

• Vicky_Vic
    Vicky_Vic Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same for me, it says only PDF files but it does not accept PDF files. All the procedure is not working...

There is a real problem here...