Does my corporate license cover both parties when the other party is a business?

Options

We have a corporate license and want to use TeamViewer to support external businesses but we don't know what their license situation is. Does our corporate license cover both ends of the connection even if they use the free download from teamviewer.com for a support incident and have no license? It seems like we are covered on our end but we don't want to encourage our close business partners to violate license requirements or be party to it. Both ends of the remote control session would be in a business/commercial context.

Answers

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,609 Moderator
    Options

Hi @ForumUser,

Thank you for raising the question.

As TeamViewer requires license authentication on one side of connection, when you have license authorisation on one side, the connections will be fine to initiate.

Alternatively that you may use TeamViewer QuickSupport for external party as well. TeamViewer QuickSupport is a run only program and easy to use for remote connection. More information can be found from these articles:

https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/30163-teamviewer-modules#the-quicksupport-module

https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/8627-create-quicksupport-module-video-tutorial

Hope the information would be helpful!

Warm regards,

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • ForumUser
    ForumUser Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I understand the connection will succeed but I am looking for like an answer about license compliance. Does our corporate license cover both ends of the remote control session even when the other party is a business using the free download from teamviewer.com?

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,609 Moderator
    Options

Hi @ForumUser,

TeamViewer license can secure the connections between you and your connections partner as you are holding a valid license.

The other party can download and use TeamViewer for incoming connections. And as suggested in previous reply, TeamViewer QuickSpoort is the ideal option to run on the other party to avoid confusions.

If the other party is looking for outgoing connections guarantee, we will suggest them to contact TeamViewer Sales Team for further discussion.

Hope my explanation helps this time.

Best regards,

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员