No Trusted Device Emails - How do I get whitelisted so it works?!

wlahs
wlahs Posts: 3
edited June 2023 in Account

Happy July 2020.  Same problem.  I never recieve my email to validate my account or to enable trusted devices.  I have attempted to change email to my gmal account, and that doesn't work either.  I never recieve the email to validate.

I cannot open a support ticket apparently since I am using ther free version of the software for personal use... but I can't actually use it effectively if I cannot get the validation / trusted devices email.  How can I get my email whitelisted so that I can recieve the emails?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠
    Answer ✓

Hi @wlahs,

Thank you for your message.

Please kindly check your spam folder first.

If you still couldn't receive the email, as an alternative to the Trusted Devices authorization process, you can enable two-factor authentication on your account instead. If you are using two-factor authentication, then the Trusted Devices authorization email won’t be required anymore when you sign in your account on a new device.

Learn which Security codes and apps you can use for your two-factor authentication.

You can find more information about the activation and deactivation of two-factor authentication here.

I hope this information would be helpful.

Best regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G

Answers

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠
    Answer ✓

Hi @wlahs,

Thank you for your message.

Please kindly check your spam folder first.

If you still couldn't receive the email, as an alternative to the Trusted Devices authorization process, you can enable two-factor authentication on your account instead. If you are using two-factor authentication, then the Trusted Devices authorization email won’t be required anymore when you sign in your account on a new device.

Learn which Security codes and apps you can use for your two-factor authentication.

You can find more information about the activation and deactivation of two-factor authentication here.

I hope this information would be helpful.

Best regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • wlahs
    wlahs Posts: 3

Spam folders have been checked repeatedly.  The email is never sent to my email server at all.

I don't feel that adding 2 factor authentications is a suitable work around.  First, I really don't want to utilize 2 factor authentication as it's overly cumbersome for my intended use of the teamviewer program.  Second, having researched this issue it is apparent that if I turn on 2 factor authentication, auhtorize the devices, and then remove it.. i will end up right back at square 1, and need to authorize the devices via email.  So that's not a workable solutions.  Lastly, the issue of not getting emails is an issue for more than just authorizing devices.  If I were to forget my passord, and need a password reset email.. I would never recieve it!

Additionally, having researched this issue on these forums, and the multitude of users experiencing this issue, it is readily apparent that i need to have my email address whitelisted so that the emails are sent.   How do I go about getting tht accomplished?

• MarkusJuke
    MarkusJuke Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello!

I am trying to add a new device to my account and I am not receiving any trusted devices autorisation email. I also tried tried to reset my password and no emails from TeamViewer seems to get through. I found none in my spam folder either.

Many thanks for yoyur help & support!

Markus

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi Markus,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community 😊

Do you own a licensed TeamViewer account or is it a private one?

Looking forward to your answer.

Wish you a great day.

All the best,

Natascha 🙋‍♀️

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 3 ✭✭

I am having the exact same problem. Been trying to get logged in for a couple of days now and never get any emails. I am using a personal Free account.

• GauchoMark

so I can only be logged in with 1 device on a free account?

• MarkusJuke
    MarkusJuke Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited December 2020

Hi Natasha!

I am a free / personal account user. Your suggestion solved the problem for me.

I did like you said:

1) I edited my profile from a device already connected and I could access the management console on my browser.

2) I updated and validated a new email address and now I can receive the autorisation on the new one.

I hope this will also work for @GauchoMark.

Cheers!

Markus :)

• Natascha

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the explanation 👍 I'm happy that it could solve the issue.

I'm sure it will help other users if they're sitting in the same boat.

I wish you and @GauchoMark a Merry Christmas ahead and all the best for 2021. 🍀

Best,

Natascha 🙋‍♀️

• GauchoMark

the problem is not that my email is incorrect on my profile. My email address is correct, the system is simply not sending me the verification email.

• Natascha

I think this is the same case as @MarkusJuke had. Maybe you can follow the steps he described anyway?

• bairdmw
    bairdmw Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am a paid subscriber and I am not receiving the verification email to add a trusted device. What am I supposed to do?

• Natascha

Hi @bairdmw

Thank you for your comment. 😊

Kindly ask you to have a look if you are signed in in the TeamViewer application on any other device in order to go to the Management Console via Connection --> Open Design & Deploy... and click on your profile picture in the upper right corner.

If your account is licensed correctly, you will there have access to our ticket system through the Help button. Please open a ticket for my colleagues in support.

Hope this could help. Wish you a nice day.

All the best,

Natascha 🙋‍♀️

• tazzman
    tazzman Posts: 1

I try to login to my account to use teamviewer and the app says it has sent me an email to confirm it is a trusted device but I receive no email.

• imin
    imin Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello! I have the same situation

• Karpathian
    Karpathian Posts: 1

Hi,

I'd like to restore my personal Teamviewer on my newly formatted computer, but I never receive an email from Teamviewer to trust this new device.

From reading these forums, it seems that my email address needs to be whitelisted so I can receive it again, as I did have email delivery issues 8 months ago but didn't bother rectifying this issue as it was only localized on my phone. But now I can't use my old account on my laptop!

I called up for support but there is no phone support for personal usage of Teamviewer.

Can someone assist please?

Andreas

• deano2
    deano2 Posts: 1

I have been trying to log into account management for two weeks and the system keeps saying I need to trust the device and an email will be sent to me, but none is received. No emails appear in junk either. What can I do to get around this issue?

Thanks!

• suria
    suria Posts: 1
    edited August 2021

Hi Teamviewer Support Team,

I'm having trouble login to my teamviewer account on my new computer but I didn't receive a confirmation email for the device authorization link. I checked my spam / junk mail but no confirmation email was received.

I hope you all can help my problem as I need to login my account to do my job. ASAP

Thanks and best regards.

• Hi There,

I already have an account witch teamviewer, but I had to reset my laptop and install teamviwer again, the problem is that when I try to access, a windows aperars ad said that a email is going to send in order to certificate my device, but the email never arrives, so i cant access since then, 4 months ago!!. Even to access here i had to create another user. The mail is not the problem, because arrive with this fake account.

• Bel1971
    Bel1971 Posts: 1
    edited September 2021

I'm not receiving emails to verify devices. I have checked junk folder etc but there is nothing from TeamViewer. We have a paid business version.

• PachangaDad
    PachangaDad Posts: 5 ✭✭

I'm not able to receive trusted device email notifications.

Yet I am able to communicate on my home base PC with others.

This is a home free license account. Something needs to be reset?

Thank you in advance

• Enmanuel
    Enmanuel Posts: 1
    Hello, I have an account which I do not receive the verification email, could I join an account with that to transfer the added equipment?

• Enmanuel
    Enmanuel Posts: 1

When trying to log in, I get a message that I need to add the trusted device. That I will receive a confirmation email, but this email never reaches my mailbox.

• Wednesday
    Wednesday Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello, I am trying to log-in to my corporate account, and whenever I do it gives me this message:

The device authorization link does not show up on my email feed. It isn't being blocked, I've checked my spam/junk folder and it isn't there. I waited 2 weeks to see if it's just taking its time however still no email.

I cannot do the alternative which is putting in two factor authentication because when I try to login to TeamViewer website, it asks me to authenticate the browser, which I am unable to do.

Please help. Thanks.

• mikee
    mikee Posts: 21 ✭✭

I cannot login at all as I cannot receive the verification emails.

Any restarted system will not login as well as any browser. Seems any and all cookies expired.

I still have a working TeamViewer login and I can use it to access the dashboard, but no way to approve my logins.

My email is fully functional and I have checked the Spam folder, and I have nothing.

I have waited for about 24 hours now for the emails to come I am quite sure it is not simply a delay.

How can I login into TeamViewer?

• mcowher
    mcowher Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have the same problem!

• mikee
    mikee Posts: 21 ✭✭

For me it took about a week, but I am finally getting some, but still not all verification emails. If there was a way to verify from the management console or existing logged on sessions then this would not be as much of an issue.

• Michael52
    Michael52 Posts: 1

I have the free version of Team viewer and I have not not received any team viewer emails since June 2021, especially the device authorization emails.

Because of this I am unable to log in to the account that uses this email address from any device.

How should I get this email address re enabled?

• quester469
    quester469 Posts: 1

On Friday I tried to get an email to trust a device and I never received the email. I I checked junk mail and not a thing. I verified that you server was authorized. Please help

• Cmuso
    Cmuso Posts: 1

Business Account: The device authorization link does not show up on my email feed. It isn't being blocked, I've checked my spam/junk folder and it isn't there. Emails from Teamviewer are not blacklisted...

I cannot do the alternative which is putting in two factor authentication because when I try to login to TeamViewer website, it asks me to authenticate the browser, which I am unable to do.

Please help. Thanks.