Why am I getting ads in paid teamviewer?

Options
124»

Answers

• XTREMEIT
    XTREMEIT Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

This worked for me. Thanks!

All the best!
    Rick - XTREME IT, Inc.
  • MattTerrill
    MattTerrill Posts: 1
    Options

Hi we have a Corporate (3 Channel) Subscription and I am sick of the constant pop up advertisements and promotions.

Ho do we stop these permanently?

I choose "do not show this" every time, but another different one pops up next time. I pay for the product already and I will upgrade to features when I decide to, I do not want these pop ups.

Is there a way to stop them?

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,210 Moderator
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hi @MattTerrill,

Thank you for your message.

You can disable ads from your TeamViewer application by disabling it within the Advanced TeamViewer options.

Please take the following steps:  Extras --> Options --> Advanced --> Show advanced options --> under TeamViewer options un-tick the box for In-product marketing messages --> OK

Hope this could help.

Best Regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• MattTerrill
    MattTerrill Posts: 1
    Options

Thanks!

• Novox
    Novox Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I also have a paid subscription and I see ads CONSTANTLY. The options are "click the x" to make "this" ad go away "one time", or click "don't show me this ad again" to make "this" ad go away for good. Unfortunately, TeamViewer seems to be making new ads faster than I can click "don't show me this ad again" because I am perpetually shown new ads. I see a new ad almost every time I open TeamViewer. This is maddening.

• abri
    abri Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options

If the remote computer is using the full version of Teamviewer but has never logged in using a licensed account the LOCAL computer (with a valid license) will show that nag-screen. This never happens if the remote computer is using quicksupport och TeamviewerHost.

So, if both local and remote computers are using the full version the solution is to log into the remote computers Teamviewer and then logout. Now the local Teamviewer computer will stop the nagging - IF the Option is unchecked in local computers advanced settings.

• Joel_Edwards
    Joel_Edwards Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

This unfortunately did not help for me, even remote computers with Host still cause me to get ads on my local machine with full licence. @TeamViewer What's going on here? This issue has been ongoing for 3 years with no resolution!!! How can you be nagging your customers with ads who are paying a massive amount of money every year (in my local currency it's almost R12000) and all options to opt out of these ads are broken. Please please please I'm tired of it, fix your nonsense instead of adding features nobody wants all the time

• SeanRyan
    SeanRyan Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options

Why in 2022 as a paid subscription customer am I seeing ads for discounts (or ads at all!) for new subscribers only? There is no option to disable in app advertising any longer. This is ridiculous!

• SeanRyan
    SeanRyan Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options

This option is no longer available. How do you disable it?

• Steve1010101010
    Steve1010101010 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

The In-product marketing messages option has been removed and I am now receiving adds.

Please re-instate the option and stop annoying and wasting my time.

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,210 Moderator
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Steve1010101010,

Thank you for your post. And we are sorry about the inconvenience caused.

This setting has moved to the Account tab of the options page.

Kindly ask you to check this setting on the account tab, please?

Hope you find this helpful🍀

If there is anything that I can assist with, please don't hesitate to ask in the Community😊

Hope to hear from you in the Community.

Best regard,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• kNetIT
    kNetIT Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I'm running 15.26.4 and the disable ad's function is removed again??

• Baya
    Baya Posts: 1
    Options

I cannot believe this. 4 years and the problem is still here... This is obviously intentional, I guess the real fix is moving into another software that appreciate their customers's time.

• Midland
    Midland Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

AUD per year for a Premium license, and greeted with intrusive ads every morning, despite unticking the "Show in-product marketing messages" box. THis should be disabled by default for licensed users. Especially annoying as I had to spend time finding out where to disable it, and when finally found where to do so (from this forum thread) I realise that ticking that box does nothing at all. Still get an advert popup each and every single morning. Sort it out please or I'm not renewing this license :(

• Midland
    Midland Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

still occurring on a daily basis....if i already have an active premium subscription why would I need this shown to me every.single.morning. The show in-product marketing messages option is unchecked. sort this out and stop ignoring it