Teamviewer on a Windows Terminal Server

Options
UweMeier
UweMeier Posts: 4 ✭✭

We use Teamviewer host on a terminal server.

Is it possible to prevent Teamviewer from being started under the user when he logs in?

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hello @UweMeier,

Great to see you posting for the first time!

Quick question - did you install the TeamViewer full version or the TeamViewer Host on your devices?

/JeanK

Community Manager

• UweMeier
    Options

TeamViewer host on a Terminal Server

• JeanK
    Options

Thank you for getting back.

The TeamViewer Host has been designed for unattended access only and therefore, to be always active in the background and start with the system.

If you want TeamViewer to start with the system, we recommend installing the TeamViewer full version.

With the full version, you can decide if you want the program to start with the system or not, as shown below.

Let me know if this could help!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• UweMeier
    Options

teamviewer_service can start when Windows starts.

But we do not want a teamviewer.exe to be started automatically for each user when they log in.

If 20 users are logged in at the same time, 20 teamviewer.exe will also run.

The user should start the programme as needed.

thank you 

Uwe

• JeanK
    Options

I understand better what you mean now.

If TeamViewer is set to start (like with the TeamViewer Host), and multiple users are logged, it will indeed start TeamViewer and impact performance.

So the only solution here would be to use an alternative.

You can either:

• use the TeamViewer full version, as I described before
    • use the QuickSupport, which is an executable that every user can start if needed

Using the Host in a context where you don't want it to start with the system is technically impossible.

Community Manager

• CasparF
    CasparF Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Having a simular issue.

As far as I know QuickSupport is not recommended on Windows Terminal Servers

https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/4572-use-teamviewer-on-windows-servers