Teamviewer wont start

jon_hooper
jon_hooper Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in General questions

Hi, I have a business licence and up until 14 Jul all was good. After windows update KB5015814 the problems started.

Now when Windows 11 Pro starts the teamviewer service starts and the process is running, however there is no icon in the tray nor will the application start if you open the app.

I've reinstalled several times and even moved from the 32bit to the 64bit version sith still no success.

Occasionally after restarting the PC multiple times the app starts with no obvious reason.

Any ideas??

Answers

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,070 Moderator

Hello @jon_hooper,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community! 😃

Please make sure your OS is up to date in the newest version. (You can check the complete lists of supported OS here.)

Also, I would advise you to check if Windows S Mode is turned on.

If it is, you may consider disabling the S Mode for TeamViewer to work normally again.

If this is not the case, let us know, and we can check other possibilities to troubleshot it 😉

Best,

Carol 🌷👩🏻‍🦰

Portuguese Community Moderator

• jon_hooper

Hi Carol,

Everything is up to date and Windows 11 pro doesn't support S mode.

I'm suspecting that KB5015814 has something to do with the issue.

• .Carol.fg.

Hello @jon_hooper,

Thanks for your message!

I received confirmation today from our support team that an issue with version 15.31.5 exists with Windows 11 Pro (update KB5015814).

Our development team is working to get the issue resolved as soon as possible.

👉 For the time being, we advise you to contact our support team directly for further assistance. Instructions regarding how to open a ticket you can find here.

We apologize for any inconvenience and we thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best,

Carol 🌷👩🏻‍🦰

• jon_hooper

Hi Carol,

Ticket raised but no solution as of yet. You would think they would offer temporary access to the webclient while the issue is being investigated. This is now impacting my business. Not impressed.

• .Carol.fg.

Hello @jon_hooper,

Thank you for your feedback, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

We can assure you that all tickets are replied by our support team. If the issue is impacting your business, you may consider contacting them by phone for faster support. The local phone number to contact our support team you can find here.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best,

Carol 🌷👩🏻‍🦰

• jon_hooper

Downgrading teamviewer to 15.30.3 has restored functionality just in case anybody else is having this issue.