Teamviewer windows all screens open at same size

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,985 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @ramimor and @joloriquelme,

Thanks a lot for your posts.

Could you please describe what exactly is not working with v15.34.4 so that we can address this accurately with our dev team?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• BR_CH
    BR_CH Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Update was stopped completely. Will go back to version 15.28.9. 
    The latest update 15.34.4 is completely horrible. Developers releasing something like this is incompetent

• JeanK

@BR_CH

Thank you for your message.

Could you be a little more specific on how this update negatively impacted your user experience?

That would be fantastic as we could provide our dev team with valuable feedback!

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• sflrmortier
    sflrmortier Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited May 2023

Same problem. [removed per Community Guidelines]. Why do they keep breaking this? It was broken earlier in the year, and they fixed it with a setting. Now it appears that setting to not remember session window size doesn't work.

v15.34.4 64-bit

If there was anything else better out there, I'd switch software in a second. The amount of time I spend troubleshooting TeamViewer issues is ridiculous.

• CesareWT
    CesareWT Posts: 4 ✭✭

Same problem. Anyone can help us?

I have tried all sorts of ways but without success

• Ememell
    Ememell Posts: 4 ✭✭

My team is having the same problem since the most recent update. Doesn't anyone do any testing at TeamViewer? Every year we get annoying "features" added that nobody asked for. In 2020 someone at TV had the great idea to put pop-up adverts into a commercial program that I have spent thousands of pounds on. Last year, resizing bugs started appearing and this year they are back again.

• LeffeH
    LeffeH Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited October 2022

This is extremely annoying. How about a 'Revert to last version'-button! Then at least we could use the program until you fix it.

• mwatson536
    mwatson536 Posts: 9 ✭✭

Glad to see the Devs have decided to control how we use TV again. Why must we have full size windows for every connection? Please fix this!!!

• mwatson536
    mwatson536 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited October 2022

v15.34.4 now opens every connection in a full screen window no matter what the resolution is on the remote device. I have to resize the window and then when I launch the connection again BAM! back to Full screen window. Why Why Why.

• thor_sten
    thor_sten Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same problem here. Opening every single console, even tiny server consoles with 1280x800pixel, fullscreen, on a 4K screen... Teamviewer never before felt so annoying.

• PeterMi
    PeterMi Posts: 1

Same problem here. Maybe som "developers" may develop something useful, not USLES. Installing version BACK, if not repaired "this IS BUG NOT FEATURE" proposing in our organisation to go somewhere else for remote SW.

• CesareWT
    CesareWT Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hello, like toknu wrote in related post,

since the last update 15.34.4, all TeamViewer connections are opened maximized. Not full screen, but maximized.

I would like the connection window to start in the size of the remote partner's resolution.

How can I set this up again?

Thamk you

• DTavcar
    DTavcar Posts: 3 ✭✭

There is another extremely annoying "feature" since 15.34.4: in full screen view there is a tiny border, showing the desktop of my computer. Since I use two monitors to connect to my job PC that also uses two monitors, now some Windows icons in the taskbar of the remote computer seem as if they are active (started), when in reality it is just a "shadow" of an actually opened app in my LOCAL computer.

What happened with the actual FULL SCREEN view? Why is there a one-pixel (?) see-through border, instead of showing solely the screen of the remote computer?

Both computers' monitors are 1920x1080 (all four of them).

Is this something I could fix via some of the settings?

Thanks on your prompt response!

• DTavcar

Here's the screenshot of my remote window, taken from the LOCAL computer, showing the "FW" icon having a "shadow" as if it would be running, whereas it is not.

• DTavcar

And another one:

• when trying to move a window from one monitor to another, the mouse "stops" halfway through, so that I have to release it, and then move the window again on the second monitor.

Configuration, as stated in my first post:

• local computer, two 1920x1080 monitors
    • remote computer, two 1920x1080 monitors.

Connected by using "monitors as individual tabs" checked. I first connect to the remote computer, and then select monitor #2 from the view settings, then move the second monitor window to my actual second monitor on my local machine.

This started happening with the latest version, about a week ago I think.

Need some actual help, since my OCD is starting to drive me crazier than usual. Thanks!

• JeanK

Hello all,

Thanks a lot for all your input.

Our R&D team is working on a fix.

We will update this thread once we have information to share.

Thanks to all of you for your trust and patience.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Mb92
    Mb92 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Yep, same here. Even doing an advanced uninstall (deleting regedit keys, etc.) and re-install of Teamviewer is not fixing this. The issue remains.

I tried rolling back to the previous version of Teamviewer, but the downloads page is only showing previous versions of Teamviewer 14, not 15. Hopefully this "fullscreen / wrong sized window" issue is fixed soon, as I use Teamviewer all day for my work and is currently driving me crazy.

• Hi!

I'm connecting remote PC which doesn't have connected monitor.

Whn I use the PC with connected monitor it shows the desiret resolution example 1920x1200.

But while the PC is in my basement without connected monitor it shows 1024x768. I try to change the resolution,

then I got the question "keep settings" - yes............. but NO still 1024x768.

The example shown here doesn't help me :(

What shal I do?

here is a printscreen of my connection, you see the small remote monitor I see :(

HELP !!!

• LeffeH

Still no news about fixing this?

• syslink
    syslink Posts: 11 ✭✭

I agree. This problem exists and is very annoying. Additionally, there are a lot of glitches while maximizing the window, which only works correctly on Windows 10.

• JeanK

Hi all,

I just got noticed that this issue will be fixed in the next minor update v15.36.

Thanks a lot in advance for your trust and patience.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• joloriquelme
    joloriquelme Posts: 13 ✭✭

I hope this 15.36 fix will revert the changes to the complete old behavior for the ones who don't use the tabbed interface and we use different windows per session.

No one asked for changes that even doesn't work as intended.

Thank you.

• LeeSteel
    LeeSteel Posts: 5 ✭✭

Every connection, every time, no matter how I leave the previous session, every session starts full screen. This is an new development.

• BR_CH
    BR_CH Posts: 21 ✭✭

Latest update full of hope 15.35.7 installed. Unfortunately still a disaster. Window always opens in full mode and not adapted to the remote window like in the old versions.

Ok, back to version 15.27.3 We no longer install the latest updates and are looking for an alternative product

• LeffeH

Just let me get the old default behaviour back. I want every new session to open in Original Scale using a window not bigger than that resolution, NOT the entire screen and NOT the same windowsize as the last session.

It's now been over a month and still no reply from the staff and no fix for this new, worthless way.

• GTA_doum
    GTA_doum Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

Same here, not always open sessions in full screen, then have to click on the button to make it in a regular window, which stays to cover all the screen, then have to drag the corner to diminish the window to a more workable size.

How to change this new default behaviour, as I loose time on every session getting the window to a more workable size?

• joloriquelme
    joloriquelme Posts: 13 ✭✭

Default behavior expected and required in windowed mode:

- Every new session to open in Original Scale using a window not bigger than that resolution, NOT the entire screen and NOT the same window size as the last session.

It's just simple as that. Like TeamViewer has worked for the past decade or more.

Thank you.

• Mb92
    Mb92 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Exactly this. The way it works now makes no sense at all and only breaks everything. The old way worked perfectly.

• LeffeH

Another two weeks without any reply except for someone merging this thread with an old one about the same behaviour from TeamViewer and their staff.