TeamViewer Support, Easy Access

Options

Okay, well then. I have a question about TeamViewer Support.

We have today configured "Allow account assignment", which means that we have "Easy Access" activated on our TeamViewer Host client on our Non-admin User PCs in the company. It is approx. 700 PCs.

Now the management has decided that we should not have "Easy Access" activated on User PCs for the reason that you should not have access to be able to take over the a User PC without the user's consent. With "Easy Access" we have the option to choose a) Remote control prompt for confirmation or b) Remote control using password. But if you double-click on a PC from the overview, it is automatically option b).

Do we have the option to configure TeamViewer so that we only get/have the option to choose option a) Remote control prompt for configuration?? If so, where can I find the documentation?

The advantage of using Easy Access is that we have the option of easily establishing a connection to the user's PC without the user having to provide both ID and PW. But Easy Access may only be used for non-user PCs?

Thanks!

/J.T.

Answers

• KT_Supportari_FO
    Options

@JeanK Would you help me out? 🤓

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hi @KT_Supportari_FO,

Glad to see you're back! 🙌

The solution here would be to set up a TeamViewer policy with the setting Access Control (incoming connections) with the Access control set on Confirm all.

And don't forget to Enforce the policy!

Then, you must assign the policy to all your IT infrastructure following these instructions: Assign a settings policy to your devices

Let me know if you have any further questions! I'll be happy to assist.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• KT_Supportari_FO
    KT_Supportari_FO Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @JeanK

Thank you very much for your answer. This will make it possible for us to have TeamViewer Host (with Easy Access enabled) installed on all our domain PC's without GDPR concern.

Hovever, it there possible to Remote Control a PC with TeamViewer Host (with Easy Access enabled) installed without confirmation if no user is logged on? A kind of measurement.

Thanks.

/KT_Supportari_FO

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hi @KT_Supportari_FO,

I'm glad this will allow you to align with your security and privacy standards.

Yes, this is possible. To connect without confirmation, all need is to install the Host, enable Easy Access on it and make sure the policy on which Confirm all is set is not applied to these devices.

/JeanK

Community Manager