The new UI is horrible...

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,029 Community Manager 🌍
    edited October 22

Hi @Teamcrash,

First of all, let me reassure you that the end users do not need to create accounts.

The workflow on how to set up unattended access changed. It is no longer possible to set a personal (fixed) password to connect. Now, you need to set it up differently. We explained everything in a step-by-step user guide here:

📄 Connect to a remote device (unattended access)

Please give it a try and let me know if anything is unclear.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• JeanK
    edited October 22

Hi @is2Software, @CaveDog,

Thank you for your feedback.

Let me reassure you that the end users do not need to create accounts.

We explained everything in a step-by-step user guide on how attended remote support works here:

📄 Create and join a remote session (attended access)

Let me know if anything is unclear; I'll be there to assist you further!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• JeanK
    edited October 22

Hi @ManP and @Omar_Arg,

As mentioned above, end users do not need to create accounts.

We explained everything in a step-by-step user guide on how attended remote support works here:

Regarding connecting via IP address, we have passed the feedback to the dedicated team.

In the meantime, you can upvote the feature request here to get more attention.

Let me know if you have any further questions! I'll be happy to assist.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• JeanK
    edited October 22

Hi @aticspa, @Bart_Fortus, @ItLisscom @FxDB, @millsaz, @JKallevig, @Gyula, @Lewis_KestrelIT,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Could you be a little more specific about the issues you are facing with the new interface?

After reviewing the guide, let me know if you have any questions! I'll be happy to help you further.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• JeanK
    edited October 22

Hi @Baldcoder,

Thank you for reaching out.

You can still initiate a file transfer without first connecting to the guest in the new UI.

Please find how to proceed here: Open a file transfer session

Let me know if this has worked for you!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• JeanK
    edited October 22

Hi @Orange_Sunset,

Thanks for your message.

Could you please try to log out and in again and check if adding devices work again?

It sounds more like a small hiccup, than an actual bug.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• JeanK
    edited October 22

Hi @JaseK and @User124312876,

I have created a GIF showing how to move a device from one group to another.

First, you need to select the device and use the Add device to option. Select the new group and click Add.

Now go back to the initial group and remove the device by clicking Remove from group and confirm with Remove.

Let me know if this is the answer you were looking for. 🙂

/JeanK

Community Manager

• AMC52
    AMC52 Posts: 2

I have used TeamViewer for years. I have a PhD in computer science. I'm retired now, and I use TV at my own expense to help senior citizens for free. With that said, you can understand the frustration I feel about this new TV interface. Why did TV break what wasn't broken? It's bad enough that my senior citizens cannot figure out what to do, but I can't connect to them to help them connect to TV. It's like chasing one's tail.

I am sooooooo disappointed in the developers at TV. Did you even do any "in the wild" testing on this "upgrade"? Have you forgotten that the person we're trying to help is stressed out enough about his/her computer problem, so they don't need the "cure" to be worse than the "disease."

Reset your clock, TV, and give us the old interface back, because THE OLD ONE WORKED. What are you guys smoking over there????

• johnnyb34
    johnnyb34 Posts: 3

And i thought i was the only one in shock with this new UI thing. Why overcomplicating things so much. Why making this unusable. Why hiding basic functions. IT WORKED JUST FINE BEFORE. If the new policy is losing clients, well done, TeamViewer.

• johnnyb34
    edited October 22

Create account, bookmarking ?¿ stuff...give permissions...20 minutes and 1400 clicks just to not be able to connect. Great! Everything was working quick and smooth before. Now this...

• JeanK
    edited October 22

Hi @johnnyb34,

Correct, creating an account to establish outgoing connections is now needed. The receiving side does not need an account.

Could you please let me know how you want to connect? Do you want to give attended or unattended support (is there a person on the other side or not)?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• johnnyb34
    edited October 22

There was a person on the other side always. He gave me the ID and key. Worked flawless for years.

SInce the update this is what i got, even after creating account, adding trusted device, bookmarking and trying every single thing i could think of :

Right now, even if teamviewer switches back to old nice working system, i do not want it. To me, went from a robust quick working solution to non-working bugged software on which i can't rely.

• jbush
    jbush Posts: 47

Seen lots of reponses to just toggle your settings to use the old interface. It's not that easy. Just as bad unless I'm not seeing how to adjust. There is still a very disjointed mix between Groups I originally had setup with all our devices and now this new Managed Devices and its Groups. Some devices will show up in the new Groups (same device name) while others will stay in the original groups. So still have to look between My Managed Devices and 2 groups (of same name) to find the user I want to connect to. I wouldn't mind the new group setup if you would let me merge all my devices into the new group. Properties on the original group devices let you select groups. Properties of the new device group just show some description text. If you want to offer to use the old UI let us use it but not some hybrid garbage mixture of the two. Not real sure which is worse now.

• jbush
    jbush Posts: 47
    edited October 22

Outsmarted. In current rash of irritation, thought I would just uninstall and reinstall v14 and set it to only update within that major version. Oh-Ha. Version 14 will only show the partial devices still in the old groups mentioned above. The migration to 15 moved some devices to the new managed groups which are not even visible to v14. So running v15 with the new UI is the only option. Joy.

• DJERO
    DJERO Posts: 3
    edited October 22

I agree with all the previous people.

The problem is not getting used to the new interface, it's just that nothing is ergonomic. Overall we do less, less well, less quickly.

The management of the machines is an ordeal, everything is mixed, nothing is simple in this version. You have to make 12 clicks to do what you did in 1. And still you can't find everything. It is very graphic, but not practical.

In the previous version the handling was fast and intuitive, today you have to go through the manual.

Like many I agree with the comments that you have created an interface for individuals, not for professionals!

The only positive point I find is that you can manage users from the application. But I was content to do it from the website.

In short, as indicated in another post: If there is no improvement, we will change the solution. Other providers are now doing better for less money.

• JeanK
    edited October 22

Hi @Teamcrash,

Thank you for your (indeed - @jbush) beautifully written feedback.

To tackle the concern about the simplicity of providing support via ID and password, we have completely reworked the start interface. When users launch the TeamViewer client, they immediately see their ID and password, as they used to do in the previous versions:

I hope that this will allow you to support the diverse range of individuals you mentioned as you could with the old interface.

This is not the end of the journey. There will be more improvements to come.

We are grateful for your feedback and hope you will keep raising your voice.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• LakeShore
    LakeShore Posts: 16
    edited October 22

Please explain and point to documentation how to install TeamViewer host to accept our incoming connections without user intervention easier than the previous version.

Before we'd install host and sign in with our admin accounts and enable easy access. Done.

How do we do it now?

• JeanK
    edited October 22

Hi @LakeShore,

Here is the documentation explaining how to install and set up TeamViewer Host for unattended access:

📄 Connect to a remote device (unattended access)

Let me know if you have any questions! I'll be happy to help you further.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• LakeShore
    edited October 22

Can we have a 64bit version of the Host please?

• CastleComms
    CastleComms Posts: 1
    edited May 2023

Moronic. Absolutely moronic.

To all the developers and management that had a say in the new TeamViewer, try walking a mile in a normal support engineer's shoes.

Actually get out of your labs and offices and go and sit with a real life, actual computer support engineer who uses your product - and watch the absolute absurdity of them having to use **Third Party Product** or another 3rd party support software company's product in order to teach customers how to use TeamViewer.

And talking of that - stop with the internet page pop up of how to use TeamViewer - that confuses end users more than it helps. We're talking to our clients and telling them how to use the product and then you go and put popups in front of the actual program we're trying to get end users to use!

LIterally no one at TeamViewer who makes these type of decisisons has actually ever used their own software in a real world support situation. It's impossible. Because if they had, there's no way they would irritate themselves and lead so many people to leave TeamViewer in droves.

Whoever made this decision, you're an idiot. Own your stupidity and do the right thing and fix it or resign and let someone else fix it. And to the next person in charge... ask the people who actually use your product; not people who think they know best - actually ask the people who genuinely do know best.

Rant over. Bye bye TeamViewer, hello **Third Party Product** ...

• JeanK
    edited October 22

I double-checked with the team and can confirm that we are not offering a 64-bit version of the Host yet.

However, the 32-bit version should work flawlessly on 64-bit devices.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• JeanK
    edited October 22

Hi @RedInformatica, @AeonIT and @gtai,

Thank you for your messages!

Could you be a little more specific and tell me what issues you are facing with the new interface?

/JeanK

Community Manager

• DeanRSK
    DeanRSK Posts: 3
    edited October 22

The new interface is awful. To simply connect to a remote agent usign teamviewer ID and password takes longer, when you are doing over a 100 a day, this becomes boring quickly.

Also, it looks terrible. Far too much white space, gives me a bad headache. Plus getting the user to click a link via there email to connect... what genius thought that one up? What if they cant get access to their machine and need our assistance, what if they dont have email access. What if they dont see the email until 4 hours later when the technician has gone home.

Its a disgrace. The company i work for pays a lot of money for it and it looks like they will be exploring other options now, well done.

• JeanK
    edited October 22

Hi @DeanRSK,

Thank you for your feedback.

If the end-user doesn't have access to their e-mail inbox but has the TeamViewer full client installed, you can share with them the session code via chat or any of your preferred communication methods.

Then, the end-user can simply join the session by entering the session code in the Get help section in the start screen:

Let me know if you have any questions! I'll be happy to help you further.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• LakeShore
    edited October 22

Thanks for checking, this Host would be the only 32bit piece of software we knowingly install on all PCs. We've been installing the 64bit Remote and just using Remote for its Host capabilities (even though there is still at least one 32bit process hiding in it.)

• C2UJim
    C2UJim Posts: 2
    edited October 22

What i can see from all the comments, that we were all loyal to the program! But now they do not give a **bleep** what you think, it is all about the money and your opnion does not matter at all! Well time to say GOODBYE!

I already had contact with **Third Party Product**, and i am testing it now.

• cstillwell73
    cstillwell73 Posts: 1
    edited October 22

I have meetings scheduled through calendly for months out. With the new interface you can't even use meetings. How is this possible? If I create a session it expires so I can't schedule meetings out in advanced. This is total garbage!! I am using the old interface as long as I can unless TV makes some changes. If I can't use meetings in the new interface I will be changing to another product as well.

• JeanK
    edited October 22

Hi @cstillwell73,

Indeed, the meeting functionality is no longer available for free users.

However, you can still use TeamViewer Meeting with the dedicated Meeting client.

You can download the Meeting client here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/

We thank you in advance for your understanding.

/JeanK

Community Manager