Can't activate RemoteAccess

MarkusHallberg
MarkusHallberg Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in Licensing

Hi, I purchased RemoteAccess and got the confirmation and activation mail but I couldn't activate it, it still says Free.
In the Management Console it says Free and when I press Upgrade Account it transfers me to the Customer Portal where I can see my Active License but it still says Free when I use TeamViewer.
I can't "start a ticket" because it says Free on my account.
I have followed the guidlines to activate RemoteAccess but it still says Free...
Please help
Markus

Tagged:

Comments

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @MarkusHallberg ,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community ?

Have you set up on both a remote machine and a local machine?
    (Please see more details from this article.)

We have 2 different activation links, one is for a customer portal and another one is for your license activation. Please double check if you used the link for the license activation.

If your account still says free after checking above, please also check these important points..

I am sorry for the hassle but I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • LeaWe
    LeaWe Posts: 1

Hello, 

I have a similar problem, that I do not get my license activated. I also never received the email "Dear Customer, you are only a few steps away...", so I guess I never got an activation link for the license? I only received one for the customer portal. I also checked the Junk Mail and it is not there.
    Can you please let me know what I can do about it? 

Thank you!

Edit: I just received the email and it now works.

• Hi @Yuri_T ,
    I followed every step in the guide but it didn't work.
    A couple of days after I contacted the support I received a new email with this content:
    -------------------------------------
    Dear Customer,
    Thank you for ordering TeamViewer Remote Access! You are just a few steps away from being productive, no matter where you are!

To get TeamViewer up and running, please follow these instructions:

1. Open the Getting Started Guide  

2. Activate your license with this link:

TeamViewer Remote Access "activate now"

3. Download and install TeamViewer on all your devices. Download here

4. Follow the instructions in the Getting Started Guide

We have also prepared a Getting Started Video which guides you through the first steps.

You will receive your invoice in PDF format within the next 24 hours in a separate e-mail.

If you do not receive your invoice within the next several days, please confirm that your email software accepts PDF attachments and contact our support.

The license is subject to our end-user license agreement (EULA). You can find this at www.teamviewer.com/eula.

By activating the license, you agree to the terms of the end-user license agreement.

Your subscription will automatically renew every 12 months, unless you terminate your contract by submitting a Support ticket or notifying us in a written or text form, at least 28 days before the end of the initial term or any renewal term.
    ----------------------

After I followed this guide it all works fine.

Regards
    Markus

• pforsstrom
    pforsstrom Posts: 1

I too cannot activate my license. I have followed both the Get Started Guide and the more detailed instructions in the Support Forum. I have also set up both the remote and local computers. My license continues to say Free License. I've now spent hours on this. Please cancel my account. Since I can't submit a ticket I now request a refund of my licensee fee through this forum as I have no other way to do so. If you need anything else from me, please email me directly. I presume you have my contact information through this forum's registration. Thanks.

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,070 Moderator

Hello @pforsstrom,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

For licensing and activation issues, we advise contacting our support team directly for assistance.

Also, the Community team cannot process cancellation requests. As we explain in article All About Subscriptions, all cancellation request must come via ticket system.

Therefore, if you cannot open a ticket for cancellation, you must contact the support team for help inside the 7 days warranty in order to receive the refund.

To better assist you today, I will send you a private message with more details about your purchase.

Best,

.Carol.fg.

Portuguese Community Moderator