Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

TeamViewer is preparing for macOS Catalina

Hi all,

Apple started to roll out public betas* for macOS Catalina (10.15) and iOS 13, and iPadOS. Since yesterday mac users can test the new OS and explore the new features.

The public beta for the new macOS is of course fascinating news for a lot of us, and we are happy to let you know, that our developers are already working on making TeamViewer fully compatible with the new OS and we will let you know once we finished our coding and testing.

Of course, we are also updating our Knowledge Base article Which operating systems are supported? accordingly.

As we are not yet fully compatible, we can not guarantee a hassle-free TeamViewer experience on Catalina, and we recommend to not update to the new OS on your production environment if you need to work with TeamViewer.

*Background: A company shares a beta version with its user base to find and resolve issues and bugs more quickly due to the large test-group.

Thanks a lot and best,

Esther

8 Replies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Solution

macOS Catalina is live!

Hi all,

Autumn is always an exciting time in the software industry, and we all are waiting for new updates and versions for our favorite systems.

After Apple published their Golden Master of macOS Catalina on Friday, they went live with macOS Catalina officially yesterday!

As promised, we have been working hard through the summer on making TeamViewer fully compatible with the new macOS:

We are excited to announce that the upcoming TeamViewer 14.7 release will be ready for the latest macOS Catalina.

Currently, TeamViewer 14.7 is live as an Insider Build for open testings for all our participants of the Insider Program and all of you being excited to test our pre-releases :-)

Note: We do not recommend using an Insider Build on your productive system!

Until TeamViewer 14.7 will go live officially (planned for October 22nd, 2019), you can give your TeamViewer (<= 14.6) in Catalina's new security settings the necessary permissions to continue working with TeamViewer as usual. Please see our Knowledge Base article for more information on how to make the settings for Screen Recording, Accessibility and Full File Access.

Please note that you can not change the security settings remotely as the security dialog can not be transmitted via remote software before adjusting the setting! It is required to change those settings locally one time.

Thanks and have a great day,
Esther

8 Replies
Posted by pavelw
Henagon

Re: TeamViewer is preparing for macOS Catalina

Is it possible to download macOS Catalina version to test it ?

Best regards, 

Pavel

Posted by ChristianBailey
Henagon

It appears that the latest version of Teamviewer for the Mac 14.5.1691 (I did not find a beta) does not function at the macOS Catalina login page. Even though both TeamViewer TeamViewer_Desktop are enabled in System Preferences-Privacy-Accessibility. Is it necessary to use another company's remote desktop utility just to get through Mac login? Any indication of when this feature may be added?

Posted by Vmax28
Trigon

The final version of Catalina is about to be released any moment. Is Teamviewer compatible with Catalina now?
Posted by Vmax28
Trigon

I am a paid subscriber. macOS Catalina is out. Would you please confirm, that TeamViewer is compatible with it by now.
Community Manager
Solution

macOS Catalina is live!

Hi all,

Autumn is always an exciting time in the software industry, and we all are waiting for new updates and versions for our favorite systems.

After Apple published their Golden Master of macOS Catalina on Friday, they went live with macOS Catalina officially yesterday!

As promised, we have been working hard through the summer on making TeamViewer fully compatible with the new macOS:

We are excited to announce that the upcoming TeamViewer 14.7 release will be ready for the latest macOS Catalina.

Currently, TeamViewer 14.7 is live as an Insider Build for open testings for all our participants of the Insider Program and all of you being excited to test our pre-releases :-)

Note: We do not recommend using an Insider Build on your productive system!

Until TeamViewer 14.7 will go live officially (planned for October 22nd, 2019), you can give your TeamViewer (<= 14.6) in Catalina's new security settings the necessary permissions to continue working with TeamViewer as usual. Please see our Knowledge Base article for more information on how to make the settings for Screen Recording, Accessibility and Full File Access.

Please note that you can not change the security settings remotely as the security dialog can not be transmitted via remote software before adjusting the setting! It is required to change those settings locally one time.

Thanks and have a great day,
Esther

Posted by AMCarter3
Photon

Interesting that your statement does not indicate any kind of commitment to updating TeamViewer to be compatible with MacOS Catalina. It reminds me of an old Chinese quote: "Talk doesn't cook rice".

Posted by parkcityj
Henagon

Teamviewer is broken on catalina.  Furthermore, my personal account, which I use to help my mother, has been "flagged for commercial use".  A notice pops up that says I'll be disconnected after 5 minutes, but I get only 30 seconds.  Suboptimal - Time to find an alternative.

Posted by real19
Photon

Re: macOS Catalina is live!

I downloaded the insider build , gave all permissions including Screen recording, bbut I am still not able to control the screen on the Mac OS Catalina.  I can see everything though.