Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Demo Version Error Message

Capture.JPG

Why do I get this error? I'm connecting to a server that is using a customized QuickSupport app. It's the only way the software vendor allows connection. I'm only able to stay on 5 minutes and then it times out.

Thanks.

6 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

RE: Demo Version Error Message

Dear @fmoladavis

Thank you for your post. 

You get this message, because you make connections to customized moduls with your free TeamViewer version.

You need a commercial license to remote server systems or for connections to customized Quick-Support or Host moduls. Therefore, termination after 5 minutes is an expected behavior.

In case you are interested in buying a commercial license or have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our salesteam any time here

Best regards.

Reyhan

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Reyhan
Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Re: RE: Demo Version Error Message

@Reyhan wrote:

Dear @fmoladavis

Thank you for your post. 

You get this message, because you make connections to customized moduls with your free TeamViewer version.

You need a commercial license to remote server systems or for connections to customized Quick-Support or Host moduls. Therefore, termination after 5 minutes is an expected behavior.

In case you are interested in buying a commercial license or have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our salesteam any time here

Best regards.

Reyhan

Okay so is there a specific download for users who are using the free version? If so, can you please provide the link. I use TeamViewer for personal use on my personal devices only and the message and time limit is very frsutrating. I have not had this issue in the past.

Thank you for your support! Still love your product.

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Hello,

my account is licensend and i still got this problem. I uninstalled Teamviewer several times, I cleaned ones the Registry, nothing helps. I am getting so mad about this I did not installed teamviewer anymore.

Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Georgevdley 

Thanks for your post.

Are you logged in to the Computers & Contacts list with your licensed account when getting the message?

Thanks and best,

Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Yes, my account was privat but is now changed into commercial

@Esther wrote:

Hi @Georgevdley 

Thanks for your post.

Are you logged in to the Computers & Contacts list with your licensed account when getting the message?

Thanks and best,

Esther

Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Ok - great to hear! Thanks @Georgevdley !

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started