Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

SHIFT and CTRL not working for Teamviewer + Remote Desktop

SHIFT and CTRL are working for my teamviwer session to the remote computer with Windows 10. Also when directly logged in to the remote computer a Remote Desktop to another system with Window 7 works fine. For the combination of Teamviewer + Remote desktop however, the SHIFT and CTRL key are not working. Does anybody know why?

7 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Re: SHIFT and CTRL not working for Teamviewer + Remote Desktop

Hi though i was going mad, same issue hear, Teamviewer into Windows 10 comptuer, Shift Keys and CAPS and CTRL all work fine.

Once connecting into RDP Windows 7 PC, with in Teamviewer session, the trouble begins, can't type with Shift key, Ctrl + combinations don't work and sam with CAPS . ??

Surely someone has found a fix to parse the keyboard info through to RDP with teamviewer?

Posted by
Digon

Same problem here, but all three computers are Windows 10

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

I solved this by not using full-screen for the RDP session.

Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Hello @DeHaan58

Thanks a lot for sharing this workaround. 🙌🍀

@BertK and @darwall, can you confirm that this workaround fixes the issue on your side as well?

Best regards

Jean

French Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution button below. ✅
You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Unfortunately the workaround doesn't work for me. Using Notepad on the 2nd computer in a non-fullscreen window, selecting text and typing ctrl-C just replaces the selected text with a C. Instead of copying it to the clipboard.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

I'm sorry to hear that. You say '2nd computer' (first is the TeamViewer client, second is the TeamViewer host, third is the computer controlled by RDP) When at the second computer I start mstsc.exe and I choose Full-screen I have the problem. When I start mstsc.exe and I choose for example 1440 x 900 I don't have the problem.

I also created a TeamViewer support ticket because I use Full-screen most of the time. No response yet.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Excuse me, in your terminology I should say "3rd computer". But anyhow, I can't reproduce your workaround. For me the problem occurs in a full-screen RDP as well as in a windowed RDP session.