TV remembers my password or not, I never know

Labsy
Labsy Posts: 40 ✭✭

Hi,

I have almost 100 TV clients installed all over my clients. I access them from 3 of my offices. All clients are setup with unattended access, they are all added to my account, and I use client-related passwords to access them all.

The PROBLEM is that when connecting to client sometimes it asks for TV password, but sometimes it does not. Sometimes TV remembers the typed-in password, then does not ask again, and in some cases it never remembers password and I need to type it every time.

I don't get it. What's the rule here?
Can I somehow clear all saved passwords and force ALL clients to ALWAYS ask for password? For my predefined customer-related password, of course, NOT for random password, if you know what I mean.

Best Answer

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Labsy,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

If you have also saved the password of your client in your Computers & Contacts list when adding them, TeamViewer will not ask you for a password.

If you haven't saved the password of your client in your Computers & Contacts list when adding them, TeamViewer will not ask you for a password.

Access properties of saved device.gif

So if you want TeamViewer to ask you for a password, make sure nothing is in this field.
    If you don't want TeamViewer to ask you for a password, make sure you have saved the password also in this field.

I hope this could help. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. ?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• Labsy

Hi Jean,

thank you for nice animated answer. I also thought exactly the same, so I removed password from this field. And excellent, after FIRST try, I was asked to enter password.
    ...BUT after SECOND try, password was remembered and I was not asked again.

This is behavior on FEW workstations. On MOST of them it works as expected (and exactly as you described), but unfortunatelly not on all of them.

***EDIT***
    Even more! After I removed password from properties, just as you showed, FIRST re-login asked for password, then all NEXT logins did not ask for password anymore, just LET ME IN WITHOUT ASKING. But "password" field is empty now!!!???

Sorry, but this is going crazy, not like it! Now any potential hacker, which hacks into my computer, will have access to 100 other computers!!! Serious sjit, TV fix it, please!

• Labsy

Hi Jean,

Yes, EasyAccess is obviously the key!
    Can I somehow DISABLE Easy Access for all clients, which are assigned to my account? Or must I go one-by-one?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

@Labsy I'm glad we found the issue! ?

Unfortunately, you will have to disable Easy Access manually...?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager