Teamviewer screen appears black when connecting from Windows to Linux (CentOs)

I have Teamviewer 15 installed on both Windows 10 and CentOs8. The CentOs8 machine is a full fledged sysytem with its connected monitor.

When I attempt to connect to CentOs8 from Windows, I am greeted with a black screen with nothing on it, the mouse actions are also restricted, any mouse action registers only on Firefox, clicking anywhere outside of it (assuing it goes outside browser area, since I cannot see the remote cursor), doesn't result in any action.

I've checked the settings of both machines, but I did not notice anything out of the ordinary. I am able to connect to the Windows machine from CentOs just fine though. Am I missing something?

I also considerd this link - https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Why-do-I-only-see-a-black-screen-after-connection-establishment/ta-p/4773 

- but nothing seemed to fit.

Tagged:

Comments

• I have similar problem.

I had installed TeamViewer on Centos 8 and enable there the property "Start Team Viewer wit system".

After it I reboot CentOS and wait while on Win10 state of PC @CentOS is "Ready for connection"

When I try to connect to @PC "CentOS" from Win 10 - I view black screen with error:
    [3.931117] iTCO_wkt iTCO_wkt: can't request region for resource [mem 0x00c5fffc-0x00c5ffff]

After login I can connect to PC "Centos"
    If I logout without rebbot - I cann't connecto again

• bber38
    bber38 Posts: 1

I have a similar problem. I installed successfully last teamviewer 15 version on last CentOS 8 version. From my Windows 10 the initialization of the screen never ends. it says that display parameter are being initialized (just after login).

From Ubuntu 19, to CentOS8   I can fully connect but I see only a black screen.