Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

delete option error - hacked - please help

Hello, recently my e-mail account has been hacked. I received an e-mail saying , "Thank you for registering a TeamViewer account. To activate your account, click the link below." (in Chinese), although I didn't set up an account. Today I decided to check it, I tried to reset the password by entering my email address, then I got a message with a password reset link. After redirecting me to TeamViewer, I was shown that the account has not been activated yet. I activated the account and an unknown device appeared in the list of computers and contacts. The device is offline. I was able to remove this device from the list of trusted devices, but I cannot delete the group in which this device is located. After entering the "edit groups" option and clicking "delete" in the left bottom corner, I get an error window message: "The group you want to delete has computers assigned. Before deleting a group, remove all computers from it." I'm afraid someone has access to my laptop. I want to delete the account, but I'm afraid that's not enough and someone will still have access to my laptop. I wanted to remove this device/group first just to be sure but I don't know how to do it. Is account deletion enough? Please help.