An illegal activity via Team Viewer

Hello, I write this message because of my Lawyer friend that ask me to help.
An illegal activity with Team Viewer App (credit cart usage) has occured about 4 years ago. (we have the exact date)

We have also victim's IP address that attacker connected via Team Viewer and used the Credit Card.

And we must prove that connection happened to victims IP address. Now we need attacker's IP address also.

Which offical documents we should provide to get Team Viewer connection logs of a special IP address? We need logs as soon as possible, otherwise the victim will count as real offender.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @msalihb 

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to read what happened to you.

TeamViewer Germany GmbH is a legitimate software development company. We take the privacy and security of our customers’ and partners’ personal information very seriously.

Please read the following article to get more information about TeamViewer and scamming and contact our privacy team via the report a scam form on this page: https://content.teamviewer.com/en/report-a-scam/

TeamViewer is a German company and not only has to comply with German data and privacy laws, but also the GDPR regulations.

In general: Any information concerning IP-Addresses is considered personal information.

Due to the data security laws we have to comply with, we can only give out IP addresses directly to the police after receiving an official request.

We have to ask you to contact the police to follow the procedures for requesting mutual judicial assistance.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

Answers

• Is there any update?

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @msalihb 

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to read what happened to you.

TeamViewer Germany GmbH is a legitimate software development company. We take the privacy and security of our customers’ and partners’ personal information very seriously.

Please read the following article to get more information about TeamViewer and scamming and contact our privacy team via the report a scam form on this page: https://content.teamviewer.com/en/report-a-scam/

TeamViewer is a German company and not only has to comply with German data and privacy laws, but also the GDPR regulations.

In general: Any information concerning IP-Addresses is considered personal information.

Due to the data security laws we have to comply with, we can only give out IP addresses directly to the police after receiving an official request.

We have to ask you to contact the police to follow the procedures for requesting mutual judicial assistance.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Thank you for your kindly response. I contact the Lawyer and they will prepare an offical request form as soon as possible.

By the way;

After finish, what should we do? Do fill the "Report a scam" form? As I said, the crime happened about 4 years ago. We have no log file but IP address.

And the language of request form will Turkish, should we translate to German or English?

• Yamitanny
    Yamitanny Posts: 3

I totally get where you're coming from, and I gotta say, dealing with legal stuff is like navigating a maze blindfolded sometimes. So, you've got this situation with Team Viewer and some shady credit card activity from a few years back. Man, that's rough. But hey, you're on the right track by trying to get those connection logs.