Posted by georgiehawkes
Henagon

Can’t logon from home because the password changes every couple of days

I use TeamViewer to log in to our office computer from home. However, the login password changes every couple of days, so unless I’ve noted it before leaving the office, or called someone who can see the screen in the office, I can’t log in. I’m sure there’s a simple fix! What am I doing wrong?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff
Solution

Re: Can’t logon from home because the password changes every couple of days

Great Monday @gerorgiehawkes 

The password on the display will always change, but you can set your own personal password to access that machine when there is no one infront of it. 

Click on Extras>Options>Security> Under the first grey header "Personal password (for unattended access)" you can add your own password, and confirm it> Click OK. 

Anytime you're away from home as long as TeamViewer is on and running you can connect using the ID, and that personal password. 

Hope this helps! 

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff
Solution

Great Monday @gerorgiehawkes 

The password on the display will always change, but you can set your own personal password to access that machine when there is no one infront of it. 

Click on Extras>Options>Security> Under the first grey header "Personal password (for unattended access)" you can add your own password, and confirm it> Click OK. 

Anytime you're away from home as long as TeamViewer is on and running you can connect using the ID, and that personal password. 

Hope this helps! 

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Posted by smegma11
Photon

Whhat do you put in the space labeled 'identifier'