Announcements

Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and do you need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Posted by
Photon

Num Lock Issue

I have one remote computer that the Num-Lock function works opposite to the controller's keyboard. Example: If I want to use the 10-Key pad in the remote session I have to turn off Num-Lock on my PC.

This is only happening with one remote. How can I change this behavior?

TIA,

Troy

6 Replies
6 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Hexagon

Re: Num Lock Issue

I have this problem all the time.

Not just with TeamViewer. Any remote session (Hyper-V,  Remote Desktop, vSphere) my num lock is constantly toggling.

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

not usually an issue with other remote software for me - just TeamViewer

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Have had that problem for a long time, but recently discovered if I immediately disconnect my TV connection then reconnect it again the problem goes away.   I have no idea why this works, but it has worked repeatedly now for several days.  Here is additional detail.

I now follow a simple and fairly quick procedure.  First, I connect to my remote.  Second, I open Command Prompt to see if it will accept numbers from my 10-key pad.  ( I always have the num lock on at my computer)  Third, if it will not accept my numbers I immediately disconnect by closing TV.  Fourth, I reconnect immediately using TV (and usually I have to sign in again with the remote user ID and Password)   Fifth, I try to input numbers into Command Prompt again and it seems to always work.  Sixth, I just start doing my work without ever even touching my Num Lock key.

If it works with Command Prompt it will always seem to work with the Quick Books sign on box and other input fields in QB that I am using at the remote computer.

The odd thing is if even a few minutes have passed since using the connection if I need to connect again the same issue happens as if there clock watching to start the issue again..  The good news is that it can be fixed quickly using the steps I have outlined above. 

Hope this works for everyone who tries it.  Note:  Both computers are Windows 10 using the same latest version of TV.

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

See my "solution" in my post a few minute earlier on this topid.

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

I just recently had this problem occur.  I closed the connection with the remote computer and immediately reconnected and the problem was resolved.  Give it a shot !

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Most of the TeamViewer user's have reported this issue of num- lock key toggling, you could try to disconnect and reconnect your system and see if the problem is resolved or not.