Sign In request failed! The server did not respond. Please try again.

I cannot connect to any of my other computers. Never had this issue before.

Comments

• Werkaster
    Werkaster Posts: 4

I get this message "The server did not respond in the given time frame" when I'm trying to connect to smartphones (all updated with latest app versions) and my Windows 7 client too. I can still connect to computers, though, so that's where we differ.

Also, didn't have any of these problems before, neither with computers nor smartphones. Something is up, probably with the new update.

• Werkaster

Sorry, didn't mean to post twice, got an error message at first, you can delete this.

• greg_mtl
    greg_mtl Posts: 2

I have this problem too. Any solutions?

• Werkaster

It works some days, some days not. Very weird, but I guess they are working on it. After forcing a Teamviewer Windows update last time (in other words, installing the absolute latest Teamviewer version I could find). I managed to make that work the same hour, so should be a correlation, but this seems to be pretty random, to be honest. I don't think it's our fault, it's something with their servers, but still, updating can't be harmful.

Before that, though, I had no success with newest versions, but maybe they have figured something out It's getting better at least, hasn't happened for a few days here now. So be sure to update the server, your remote overlord, as well as the clients' apps (quick support and quick support add-on <model> of course). Don't know if the last tip helps, but it should, one would imagine.

• greg_mtl
    greg_mtl Posts: 2

Thanks for the detailed reply. I still get the error two weeks later. Cannot connect.Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 10.33.17 PM.png

• Exact same thing for me today...

• Whiless
    Whiless Posts: 2

Just wondering if anyone has found a fix to this issue????

• speedyjayz
    speedyjayz Posts: 2 ✭✭

I was able to get past this by simply restarting my wireless modem/router.

• Whiless
    Whiless Posts: 2

Unfortunatly not the same for me....

Any other ideas??

• I, too, have been having this problem. On my Windows and Mac computers, everything seems to be fine. On my Ubuntu desktop, unfortunately, this problem has persisted for a month now.

I have posted in this other thread about it: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-12/Did-sign-in-server-fail-to-respond-to-you-too/m-p/8370#M4073

• Here was my SOLUTION: 

After months of strife and toil HERE IS WHAT WORKED: 

1. I uninstalled Malwarebytes. 

2. I restarted my computer. 

3. FINALLY I was able to log in 

• I'm on ubuntu and this happens from time to time. I cannot figure out why, but doing a

sudo apt remove --purge teamviewer # The --purge part is important

and reinstalling works for me.

Pieter Jordaan
  • ack0329
    ack0329 Posts: 40
    This worked for me after 2 weeks of giving up. It won't survive a reboot, but it is a temporary fix.

sudo teamviewer daemon stop
    sudo teamviewer daemon start

I hope this helps, Mark
    Ubuntu 17.10 Beta with GHnome
  • baddison1
    baddison1 Posts: 1

@ack0329....thank you very much.   This was my solution!!

• and a one step solution is the "restart" option instead of Stop and then start ...

sudo teamviewer daemon restart

and  baddison1 You are VERY welcome!

Always trying to help,

Cheers, Mark

• MattC
    MattC Posts: 4

@rompelstompel wrote:

I'm on ubuntu and this happens from time to time. I cannot figure out why, but doing a

sudo apt remove --purge teamviewer # The --purge part is important

and reinstalling works for me.

Solution worked on Ubuntu 17.10

• This works for me too!

• samsterid
    samsterid Posts: 1

Had the same problen on Windows 7 machine.

Under Manage Services, I just restarted the Teamviewer service.

That fixed it for me withot re-booting.

Sam

• gwied
    gwied Posts: 2

This link appears to be dead.

• zonnetje
    zonnetje Posts: 2 ✭✭

Apparently the pagenumber in the webaddress changed. 

New link, at least working today... :

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/What-is-Trusted-Devices-for-your-TeamViewer-account/ta-p/13954

• gwied
    gwied Posts: 2

Success! Teamviewer13 works again on MacOS 10.12 - I can log in again :-) and communicate with the other computers (Windows and MacOS) in my group.

Process:

• Use AppCleaner (of course, there are other tools to do this job) to completely wipe the TV files from my system
    • empty trash
    • download and install Teamviewer13

I am using the free service.

• This worked for me but i also restarted the system before re-installing TV

Thanks! This was causing me a massive headache

• Vonice
    Vonice Posts: 1

I had been dealing with this same issue for weeks!

A mix of solutions worked for me.

I used CCleaner to completely remove both TeamViewer app & Malwarebytes.

After reinstalling the latest version of TeamViewer, I was able to login to the app. FINALLY...

• MFuentes
    MFuentes Posts: 1

This worked for me!

Thanks @samsterid!

• REBSE
    REBSE Posts: 1

I can connect fromevery computer except one. Tried uninstalling McAffe LiveSafe and reinstalling Teamviewer. Still not working. Suggestions?

• wongfree
    wongfree Posts: 1

simlilar to last Tuesday (24/Mar) situation. 

https://status.teamviewer.com/

• serg8103
    serg8103 Posts: 1

Same problem.

• Jcy
    Jcy Posts: 1

This worked for me. usually i restart and it works but loging in online, TeamViewer asked for me to verify my device, afterwards, I was able to login again

• r2d2lovesVader
    r2d2lovesVader Posts: 1

I found a solution to this. This solution applies if you were able to login before in the desktop app.

If you have problems login in to Team Viewer on Mac (I'm guessing it happens on other OS as well), simply login to the management console, and revoke the trust for that computer. Then close the Team Viewer app, and try logging in again. It should send you an email to add this device to your trusted devices. Open the email, and trust the device. Then try to login again.