Posted by neXus2000
Digon

Re: You can't open a ticket, instead look at the first post i...

Finally solved. Thank you. So remember, I do not use it as commercial version and let's keep it that way. Of course if it happens to "suspect" please be quick about it. I can send you screenshot of contacts, with description, so you can see that is not used commercially.

Posted by Graekon
Proton

Re: TeamViewer showed me a message "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session durat

Thank you @sam_burr. I submitted my info to via link and gave you a Kudos. Wish me luck!
Posted by Glassdub
Pentagon

Not here, the last time I checked.

Posted by TH3xR34P3R
Digon

Re: TeamViewer showed me a message "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session durat

They already have a payment option and show per month costs but no they won't let you pay per month they will only allow you to pay in one lump sum which is not an option for everyone.

It is disengenous to have this per month listing on the payment options when its not an option at all, just state the full cost for the total yearly cost or don't show it at all.

I asked about this nigh on 2 years ago and they stated they were looking into adding the proper per month payment options well 2 years later and nothing.

I have already moved my stepdad off teamviewer and onto remoteutilities just so he can work without interuption.

Posted by GYW
Trigon

I too have been "granted" access to the TV program, once again. This is actually allowing me to have additional backup on computers of people I help. I am still perturbed by the way many of us were treated and basically dumped without any early notice or recourse *(so they thought). It always works out in the end, one way or another.
Posted by pvdlee1
Henagon

messages about commercial use

I am using Teamviewer as private person without commercial reasons.

But from a few days I get a warning that I am suspected to use it comercially.

How can this be removed?

Posted by gusnd
Electron

Re: messages about commercial use

I also received it as well, I use to access my private computer at home from work, which I basically use to do homework whenever I can. I got his warning I was using as a commercial/professional... made me wonder if they were watching me use it lol
Posted by Nellie
Electron

Quick timeouts and demands to buy biz version

I use TeamViewer for personal use.  I am unemployed.   It worked fine until a few days ago.  It times out my sessions and seems to think I use it for business.   Can someone help with that please ?

Posted by TH3xR34P3R
Digon

Looks like now I can't do more than 4 connections even with my corporate licence on my install before I get the bloody popup about the commercial use suspected. Yea if this continues I am going to swap to the other one I am starting to use fully and just completly lock down my account from any use in the future.

Highlighted
Posted by PeteMc
Henagon

Yea, TV really has some issues as of late.  Certainly have turned off a lot of people lately.

I'd suggest you look at any kind of desktop software that does basically the same thing as they do.  Unless there's some unique thing you need that only TV gives you, there are a lot of options.

1 Reply
Posted by TH3xR34P3R
Digon

The main benifit it had for me over the others out there was that it was letting me remote into my pi3 without any need to **bleep** bout with SSH and router settings and was letting me do remote wake on lan for my desktop when I am not home.

Guess in the mean time I am going to have to have the machine always on until I can get a linux based solution for the pi3 going and or wait till I can get a dedicated windows VM on an upgraded NAS setup for my WOL needs at home since the only downside to the one I chose now is that it does not have linux support at this point in time.

In regrads to the hinted one due to the way this one has cut me off at the legs now I have little trust in the trial or free version they have since its not telling me anything direct on the site what limitations they have with it.

Posted by shadowfire36
Henagon

Re: Free version of TeamViewer Issues

im having a similar issue but i have 9 pc's in my house and its telling me the same message ..and i use teamviewer a lot in my house

Posted by Glassdub
Pentagon

Re: Free version of TeamViewer Issues

There is no help here just endless #'s of users reporting the same thing.

Posted by wael1989
Digon

Reset my Teamviewer ID

Hi

Actually, my account has been suspected for commercial uses. I have submitted a ticket and consent form for using the TeamViewer for personal uses only.  They sent me an email that they have reset my account for free(personal use), but when I tried to use the software the problem of commercial use is still exists. How long it will take to reset my account??? 

Thanks

Posted by wael1989
Digon

Re: thk teamviewer teams ;)

I have received the same email, but still I have the problem. How long it will take from you to return your account for free???

Posted by Glassdub
Pentagon

Months minimum.

Posted by wael1989
Digon

Thanks for your reply, they will inform me that now you can use your account or I have to check from time to time to see if they switch my account to free??
Thanks
Posted by takkischitt
Digon

Still having problems with connection timing out, even though I got the email saying my account was no fixed and marked as private use. I reinstalling the program, but the warning still appears and I'm now timer blocked. How can I fix this?

Posted by GYW
Trigon

Re: Reset my Teamviewer ID

There are so many people who have been affected by the "commercial use" issue that it's impossible to respond to everyone. But once again, I will reiterate, the best thing you can do is find another program to use. I have installed a program that begins with **Third Party Product** which works very well, and unattended access is a part of that program. I was "granted" access to team viewer, once again, but have simply gone into the computers I assist and install the new program. In this world, change is inevitable and if you just go with it, it becomes less stressful. I also like the built in version in Chrome, and I intend to have at least 2 of these apps on each computer I help. The most difficult issue I have had is talking my 87 year old sister in Florida thru the installation of "**Third Party Product**", which wasn't bad at all. I would give it a try if I were all of you as there is no telling when TV will pull this stunt again.

Posted by Kerschi13
Photon

Team Viewer locked me

Team Viewer locked me out because I'm supposed to be using it for business. What could be the reason? I may use it 1-2x a month to support my family. That can't be it? Is it because it starts automatically with Windows?
Thank you very much for your help!
LG
George

Posted by dayne878
Henagon

Commercial Use Detected

I have been using Teamviewer for almost a year to log into my home (personal) computer from my work computer to do non-work-related stuff. But today I got a message saying there was commercial use detected.

To be clear, while I log in daily through Teamviewer to my home computer I do NOT engage in commercial use with Teamviewer. I use it to check my email and Facebook and news websites I cannot access from my work environment. 

Is there any way to get this restriction lifted? Is there a cheaper subscription for personal users like me who log in frequently? Otherwise I'll have to find an alternative.

Posted by Glassdub
Pentagon

Re: Commercial Use Detected

There is not another program that does the same job for free I looked at them all.
Posted by freshsmint
Henagon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

Dear TeamViewer Team,

I use TeamViewer privately to connect to my second PC (which has no monitor and no mouse / keyboard) in my own network.

Since I often connect with the internal PC for a few minutes now a professional use is suspected and prevented the connection to my own second PC in my apartment (see picture in the appendix).

Is the private use of TeamViewer not useful for a private connection within my home between two PCs? Or how can I fix this wrong decision of the software?

Best regards,

FreshSmint

Posted by Rappalini
Digon

Re: Suspected of commercial use

The same is happening to me, I think is a scam to start charging personal users, I know they lie when they say I use commercial.

Posted by Rappalini
Digon

Re: Why do I see 'Commercial use suspected' / 'Commercial use detected'

I wil give it a try.

Thanks!!!
Posted by federicofiorin
Henagon

suspect commercial use

I do not live with my parents and they do not know how to use the pc well sometimes I help them, this use is for private use only, I do not profit because they are used team viewer only in the family

Posted by AirForce151
Henagon

Re: suspect commercial use

I suddenly have same issue with a suspect commecrial use issue. I'm using teamviewer only on my PCs and family members PCs if they need help or sometime if I need something to do remotely on my PCs. I'm using teamviewer for years without problems. Do they change something? So should I have to find some alternative because they are going to shut down my account?

Posted by Lolo4217-1
Henagon

Re: suspect commercial use

I'have the same problem, i'm particular but TW say and block me to be a professional.... Thanks
Lolo4217
Posted by Dado78
Henagon

NON COMMERCIAL Connection DROPS: "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license..."

I use TV from Canada to help my old parents in Italy and this is a NON COMMERCIAL usage that has been running since years. From today, after a few seconds, the connection always drops with a message like "this was a free session sponsored by TV. TV sessions are free only for a non commercial use" and then another message like the one in the object.

I noticed there has been an updated that I did. Is there any bug?

!!! PLEASE HELP !!!

Posted by EricToo
Henagon

Re: NON COMMERCIAL Connection DROPS: "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license..."

I have had the very same issue for the past month. Finally got a release to FREE for my 'master' computer, but still the 'COMMERCIAL USE DETECTED' message kept coming up and the connection would shut down after some 30 seconds.

Then I read somewhere here that I have to apply for both master and slave to be released – they have different IDs.

Now that that has finally been approved I'm back to normal and working (non-commercial!) across the two without an problem.

My next move is to update to today's new version. Fingers crossed!

EDIT : Yes, after updating to 13.2.5321 my free connection still holds. Phew!

Posted by wael1989
Digon

Re: NON COMMERCIAL Connection DROPS: "Connection blocked after timeout. Your license..."

Hi,

How can apply for master and slave to release my account?

Posted by GYW
Trigon

I'm not sure what y'all are talking about with master and slave.  As far as I know, there's no such thing with TV.  I have been able to connect to computers I normally connect to, with no issues, but as I said before, I will be using a different program which is very much like TV and does most of the same things, as my primary remote program.  And they specify you can use it for both personal and business if you want.  The only drawback for some, depending on how much you connect to other computers is a time limit of 17hrs per month on the host computer.  For most people who help others, that should be more than enough time to do what has to be done.  Anyway, that's my two cents.

Posted by Dado78
Henagon

I think it is a bug and I hope they can fix it sooner! btw there are other free alternative applications that operate very similar to TV with no time limits. But of course after yars and year with TV,... :smileysad:

Posted by DaveSchwartz
Electron

Same here. I've only ever used it between my desktop and observatory (never leaves my home network) and today it started declaring that I'm using it commercially and only gives 30 second sessions. This is a major problem and if not fixed very soon I'll have to move to a different platform (shame... I've been using TV for many years and really like it).

Posted by xbee2
Trigon

@Dado78

From those of us that spoke to someone from TV, it really sounds like it's meant to work this way. It doesn't seem like they care, since it seems they don't consider us "paying" customers anyway.

But I did notice something!
Team Viewer ads are appearing on my websites' Google Ads! I encourage all Web Masters to BLOCK teamviewer from their Google Ads. Why support Teamviewer when we're clearly not being given any support?

Posted by EricToo
Henagon

When I mentioned master and slave, I was referring to my MacBookPro (master) and iMac (slave). Master and slave are not technical terms, but merely indicate how I'm using my setup. I use my MBP to access my iMac.

Each machine has a unique 9-digit ID (which shows when you open TeamViewer on that machine) and I had to request both unique IDs to be released for free use – a separate request for each.

Hope that helps.

Posted by CoolRaoul
Digon

@AlexisJane wrote:

A quick follow up to my last post. I have emailed TV support by replying to the email I receieved stating that my usage has been set to personal. We shall see what happens next. Definitely something strange going on if you ask me. 

I'm in the exact same situation after having received the same email (problem still there).

But I do'nt understand how you have been able to reply to this email, the return address of the one I've received is "mailings-noreply@teamviewer.com" . I'm afraid that a "noreply" address has few chances to be read by anyone.

Posted by AlexisJane
Trigon

@CoolRaoul wrote:

But I do'nt understand how you have been able to reply to this email, the return address of the one I've received is "mailings-noreply@teamviewer.com" . I'm afraid that a "noreply" address has few chances to be read by anyone.

@CoolRaoul That's interesting. The address I replied to wasn't a "noreply" email. In saying that, I have not yet received a response either.

Posted by OldSurferDude
Trigon

"Another brick in the wall"  It would seem that this change in return address is to prevent free users from contacting support.  Note that the page that provides the "Declaration of non-comercial use" does not tell you where to send the declaration. :o,

My industry exerience is that there has been a shake up of management and some new, hot-shot manager has sold this ad-hoc program of getting free users to buy a license to upper management.  What do you think?  Was the loss of good will vs a few more shekals worth it?.

Posted by PeteMc
Henagon

I'm referring my clients elsewhere...  It may take a while for subscriptions to run out, etc.  But after telling them what happened, most have no problem leaving.

So my small impact on their business isn't much, but as you said, it might have covered the few true COMMERCIAL sneaks.  The rest of us that added all our relatives, friends, etc. to make our life easier is EXACTLY what they said the free version was for.

And my guess is that even though it may be a new mini manager that doesn't get it, it's more of a change in TV's culture.  They think they're going to make megabucks because all of us that are locked out are going to sign up... opps...

There whole pricing structure is out of date (circa last century) with the expectation of big corp. unlimited POs.  I had asked years ago if they could come up with a SMB pricing, even something for small shops.  But they couldn't be bothered if there weren't multiple zeros on the number of seats. 

So I'm sort of guessing that's caught up with them and they're in dire need of cash and they're trying to get it any way they can.

Posted by tymbusku
Henagon

Help me, Team view limited 5min

Please, my team view to be limited 5p
i don't to fix this :((
tks so much

Posted by RGellrich
Henagon

Re: Commercial use suspected pop-up message (Solved)

q quick link to the ticket insert would be nice / searching.....
Posted by ProfessorTim
Henagon

Re: Commercial use suspected. Ticket open in 08/jun

I'm having the same issue. I'm getting this error message after only using teamviewer to connect to my home media center for a few MINUTES

"Connection blocked after timeout"

It's saying that I'm using the personal version for business purposes, but I'm absolutely not. I'm using it to connect to my media center PC, and to another couple of computers inside my own home.
I'm not the only one -- Many other people are having this exact same issue, and it's absolutely ridiculous. This isn't even the first time that this has happened to me for no reason and with no explanation. I haven't even changed anything about my configuration recently, there is NO REASON for this to keep happening to me.

IF TV had a REASONABLY PRICED "personal" version license that would eliminate these constant annoyances, I would absolutely pay for that. However, no reasonably-priced option is available for personal users.

So what am I supposed to do? TV has NO WAY that I can find to submit a support ticket. How am I supposed to get this resolved? 

Posted by AlexisJane
Trigon

Hi all,

I've now completed the 'personal verification' form for BOTH of my computers using the two different device ID's. It is a possibility that my issue is because only one was ever verified for personal use. I presumed that having the same email attached to each would be sufficient. I may have been wrong. The form if anyone needs is: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/personal-use-verification/

Again, I think the way Teamviewer have handled this has been very poor. I make the same suggestion as I have made in the past: If TV can't respond to these verifications in timely manner, then usage should remain until the personal verification assessment has been completed. Guitly until proven innocent is not a smart approach. 

Fingers crossed and good luck to you all. 

Posted by carlwaring
Digon

Just to say that I'm having the same issue. Haven't actually used it in a while either. Bit of a shock! Filling in the form now.
Posted by CoolRaoul
Digon

About one week after having filled the form I received an email titled "Your TeamViewer ID has been reset to free" .

Same day later I've then tried to open a session from my home computer (the one with the ID submitted in the form)  to my sister in law laptop  but, unfortunately, I'm getting that popup now:

asZSuXL

Filled the reclamation form again but I'm starting to lose hope.

Posted by Nilank
Henagon

Change User from Commercial to Personal

Hello,

At the time of Installation i have choosed for commercial use so, now i want to change it for personal use.

Can you please help me to change.

Posted by elenaa
Henagon

Re: Change User from Commercial to Personal

In time I came to your site. I am also interested in this issue :smileyhappy:

Posted by gjanken
Henagon

TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

I use the free version of TeamViewer to help my Mom, in-laws, and siblings with their tech problems.  Recently I started getting timed out from my session after only a few minutes with a notice that I need to upgrade my license.  This has never happened before and I'm not sure what to do.  Any advice?  Thank you.  Glen Janken

Posted by BYOGamingPC
Photon

Re: TeamViewer thinks I’m using the software commercially!

I'm having the same problem and I use it for my personal computers at home.